A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2006 Birthday Swap GALLERY!!  (Read 17861 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2006 03:56:33 PM »

Great mittens inle_rah...I luv purple!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisiepeasie

greetings. fish i am.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2006 05:28:43 AM »

I received a fantastic present from our organizer, alwaysinmyroom! She really went  all out in this parcel!!

I initially requested for Sublime Stitching patterns, but she included A LOT of other things that totally made my day!

On top of the SS patterns, she also included an embroidery hoop, 25 DMC threads, a shirt to sew the patterns on..She also included those little things you look your thread around..On top of that, Linda also included a pencil, an emery board, some trim, a really nice packet of tissue paper, a postcard AND a birthday card..

The whole shebang!!

My SS patterns and thread! I love all the themes, but Craftopia is my favourite!! Cheesy I am aching to get my swaps out of the way so that I can start crafting with these!

Tee shirt, hoop, trim, pencil and those little things you loop thread/trim around!!

Thank you alwaysinmyroom!! Your package is AWESOME!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steal all the chandeliers down your street and call it romance.
koi

crochet is my thing!

« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2006 05:55:01 AM »

OMG! alwaysinmyroom your packages are always amazing, u're agreat swap partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisiepeasie

greetings. fish i am.

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2006 05:56:46 AM »

OMG! alwaysinmyroom your packages are always amazing, u're agreat swap partner!

I wholeheartedly agree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steal all the chandeliers down your street and call it romance.
inle_rah
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2006 06:12:03 AM »

wow, just wow!  those mittens are being wisted!  they are one of the most gorgeous things i've ever seen on craftster...love the colors!!!

Wow.  Thank you to everyone for your compliments.  I am so pleased that people wisted something I made.  Is that completely dorky?   Smiley  It makes me feel really good.  I think I said this before, but that yarn is Karaoke from South West Trading, in colorway 278.  It is really beautiful and soft, and makes great mittens.

alwaysinmyroom, that stitching package is absolutely amazing.  lisiepeasie, you are a lucky girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2006 11:07:02 AM »

I got some awesome acid dyes from jesintexas

Two "samplers" a total of twelve colors!! (One is shown, the other is in the box) "Springtime" and "Summertime". I am very excited to start to use them! I forgot to add to the picture the birthday card she sent which was very cute. Also included was my thank you note from a different swap with some handmade notecards.

Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2006 11:14:11 AM »

Also I am glad mickele liked her sewing kit, and finished her bag! I had a great time making the kit and was happy to share my skills with someone else. Along with a "sewing for dummies" pattern I added my own instructions and some tools and samples. Not only is it hard to teach someone about sewing without being there it is also hard to pick out fabric for someone that you don't know! So I am glad you liked the fabric too!

Here are some of my samples

And she sent me a really nice thank you. I hope this will get you started on a new craft/skill/adventure/love....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2006 01:35:02 PM »

I got a great package in today - you know.. I always say that packages arrive when I am not home - and once again.. I was out most of the day and came home to 3 packages - hey, didn't I get 3 in the mail the last time too?

Anyway.. I got a great present in the mail from pinkangel1979.....

it had 2 pendants made from pebbles/rocks from her local beach (very cool), a button pin, some koi notecards (very cool!) and some personalized stationary - I guess word has gotten out that I have been writing people notes to go in my packages on lousey lined paper! - the wiggly folded paper in the back is a pull out book - which I need to figure out how to use.. It looks sooooo coool!  It is all folded and accordian like - it is really cool.  I am new to the whole paper craze and altered books - they intrigue me soo much!

It was a great package - she also had sent along an embroidered shirt that I can't wait to put on in the morning - that was for a different swap - it has big nutbrown hare and little nutbrown hair from Guess how much I love you - one of my fave children's books - I read it to my youngest about once a week!  He took one look at the shirt and said hey, that's big nutbrown hare!  Soooo - awesome job on the embroidery on that one - it looks fantastic - pic going to be posted where that one belongs!  Just had to sidenote that it was super cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2006 02:01:40 PM »

What an awesome package lisiepeasie!  alwaysinmyroom is the best!

Can't wait to see what you create with your dyes hoxierice  Cheesy

An another awesome package craftydeb!

So many great items in this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2006 02:32:52 PM »

lisiepeasie--I think it is always fun to send something that might spark someone to learn a new skill or craft!!  Hope you make some unique things for yourself and your friends--hmmmm, maybe even start on embroidering things for your hope chest?  Wink

jesintexas/hoxierice--uh, what exactly is acid dye used for?  I am not familiar with this...it must be for something special to request it...nice selection and variety!

pinkangel--love the wrapped pebbles!!  What a nice idea for beautiful natural pendants, pins, earrings, etc!!
The stationery is beautiful, also (uh, yeah, craftydeb, we have been meaning to talk to you about your chicken scratchings on notebook paper, ha ha --just kidding, babe!--but it is nice to have beautiful stuff to write on!!)

gonna have to jump over to Ongoing 11 to see the rest of pinkangel's goodies!!

Nice job everyone!!  So good to see the gifts (even if it a month after your birthday, it just feels so happy!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Join Crocheted Yoyos with Regular Braided Joining
How to Improve Your Crochet Stitching Part 1/2
How to Join Crocheted Yoyos with a Hexagonal Net Stitch
How to Improve Your Crochet Stitching Part 2/2
How to Join Crocheted Yoyos with Regular Net Joining
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...