A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gryffindor ipod cozies are multiplying like Tribbles!  (Read 1419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2006 10:16:49 AM »

I've been madly crocheting ipod cozies to get one that will be just right for a friend.  These are all random, "I'm working without a pattern" designs.  The three asymmetrical ones start in the corner with a ch. 3 then increase until the width is correct (in this case, 30G size), then begin degcreasing on the bottom until the length is correct and then decrease across the top & bottom or leave as is for asymmetrical.  I'm inspired by the fringies and think I might make just one more (hey, I still have yarn!) that is more scarf-like with stripes going across.
http://www.sewhooked.org/img/ipodcozies.jpg

The small, asymmetrical Nano cozy on the right is what started all this.    I've really enjoyed these, I think I might have to make a couple in all the house colors.  My ipod could certainly use a Ravenclaw cozy...

Hope you like them!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012 04:36:34 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006 07:20:19 AM »

I made 2 more and I like these best!  I found some vinyl in my stash and decided to try doing a window.  I love finding stuff in my stash I forgot I had!

I'm making one more for myself, so I'll write the pattern down when I do that one.  The one on the right is my daugter's.  She requested the tassles. 

Front & back pics:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
decarillion
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006 08:56:50 AM »

I like the latter ones better, as well...gratz on figuring it out !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006 02:13:53 PM »

Thanks!  I just keep playing with the concept.  We currently have 3 ipods in the house, all different sizes, so I have lots of models!  I owe a friend a handmade gift and this is what she'd like.  Just want to get it perfect.  I'm really pleased with the last ones.  Now I just need to pick up a teeny hole punch to make getting around the vinyl easier.  I saw something similar in Stich N Bitch, so thought I'd give it a try.  I follow directions poorly, though... tend to look at the pictures and then do it my own way instead!    Grin

Time to change the yarn in my bag so I can make something with different colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Improve Your Crochet Stitching Part 2/2
How to Join Crocheted Yoyos with Regular Net Joining
How to Halve Your Single Stitch Count
How to Finish a Crocheted Granny Square
How to Double Your Single Stitch Count
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...