A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,382
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wales board?  (Read 2364 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lo.Designs
« on: July 05, 2006 02:37:20 PM »

Why cant we have one? arent we a 'country' like england or scotland? sorry in a ranting mood.... O yeh and anyone in wales...s.wales preferably... know any good craft shops near swansea?? I need it for my course at college. thanks x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lo lo.... needs a smile.
rhicooqui
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006 04:34:00 AM »

Hey Lo. Wink

I know I wondered why we don't get a board! The cheek Wink

Have you heard of the range in llansamlet? Its kind of around the enterprise park area. Thats got a whole arts and crafts section. I quite like it, the prices aren't too bad, i dunno what you'd be looking for, its got lots of papercrafting type stuff. little bit of everything really.
theres a shop in sketty opened up selling jewellery findings, beads, that kind of thing. Its pretty pricey from what i can tell. ebay is much cheaper!

even further out theres hobby craft, in, newport is it? i cant quite remember.

for material thers a lovely shop in swansea, by hobo's. got some gorgeous material in there.

im a bit of an ebay girl myself. when im in swansea that seems to be the best option!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo.Designs
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006 04:48:13 AM »

hehe hey rhicooqui

guess what i live like um next to the range.... and im BANNED!! from it!!!! IT sucks trust me....
i was a faithful customer since it opened (before it was an ASDA) til about 3 weeks ago when i was going in to by some stuff for a  college project when the secerity guard told me to bugger of... he sed i was under the age of 16 and i didnt have an adult with me... now i know i dont look almost 18 but thats no excuss.... i have been going there for a long time and now they decide i cant go in.... so i have to go else where to find things.... stupid man.. so im gutted. What was i going to do? steal something??

My boyfriend is also into the making of things.... but doesn't admite it often... he took me into that shop... the material one by hobo's (love that shop too <<) i was like O M G wow!!!! its amazing.... i have yet to go back cause im scared ill buy alot.

I cant get to hobby craft as i cannot drive and am rather dependant on buses... my parents work full time and never seem to want to take me...

I must say my fav place to crafty shop so far is herriford.... but  i aint been in at least a year  Sad

thanks doll... x
ps where in sketty? i guess sketty aint far from ty coch college... (swansea part 1 in in LLywn y bryn part 2) so i could go from there?

lo x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lo lo.... needs a smile.
rhicooqui
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006 04:58:18 AM »

Oh yeh you could so get there from ty coch college! Eversley Road it's on (my place of habitat too Wink) right on the corner. Do you know sketty cab office? if you just take a gand up that road, past the threshers, and charity shop, you will see it dead on the corner.

i can't believe he wouldnt let you in the range. what has your age got to do with anything?! thats the craziest thing i've heard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo.Designs
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006 05:03:22 AM »

lol thanks ill take note and head over that way.

I know im so gutted....
Do you know if WHsmiths is closing in the Quadrant? I know the post office is going up stairs... hmmm
stupid Swansea.... have you seen the mess on it lately?
looks like bombs have hit it...
The only problem i got with internet buying is..... a credit card... or visa thingy what ever they called... because i dont get mine til im 18 which is 2 months away.....

lo x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lo lo.... needs a smile.
rhicooqui
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006 12:29:09 PM »

Gosh I know, I think they're make the Kingsway a one way. I have no idea about WHSmith or the like! I'm back home in London now for a month.
Let me know how that shop goes in Sketty Lo. I bought a pack of cards and envelopes from there, 8 for 4.99. Shocking I thought, but I was desperate. Perhaps the jewellery pricing is better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lo.Designs
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006 04:30:25 AM »

I will tell you when I manage to get there... i totaly forgot i didnt have college so i cant use my free bus down that way  Angry
so you live in london... cool  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lo lo.... needs a smile.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pharrell to Collaborate with Adidas Using Recycled Materials
5 Trendy Spring Jacket Looks
How to Wear a Crop Top and High Waisted Trousers
Must Have Wide Calf Boots for Spring 2014
Get a H&M Wedding Dress for $100
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...