A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Stitch Diva Pattern/Glampyre sweater  (Read 125404 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: January 10, 2007 08:14:28 PM »

You can also do this with split stitch markers or safety pins if I'm understand shivashiva's instructions. It's a way of marking your distances before you start to pick things up so you don't end up with bunchy bits. Also, everyone I know personally who knit this picked up less stitches than the called for amount, so your mileage may vary with that too.

And you could crochet on the neckband but a. it wouldn't match, and b. it's still pretty much the same amount of work if you're building up a neckband. If it's single crochet it would be less work, but it's going to look pretty different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
ekittie
« Reply #621 on: January 12, 2007 06:48:18 AM »

I finished the body.  (crappy pics, sorry)

Working on my first pair of socks for a swap, but after that I'll be getting back on this puppy. 

Since I opted out of the purl ridges on the top, and my plan for the bottom didn't end up working out like I wanted, I don't know what I'm doing for the neckline now.

I was thinking just a simple crochet edging, but I dunno.  We'll wait till I get there I guess.  hehe...

The little cropped pic in the upper middle is the side modification I made.  Love it!

Can't post pics yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged
donnac368

Love knitting, quilting, cooking and gardening

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #622 on: January 13, 2007 02:08:39 PM »

ekittie your progress is inspiring and it looks gorgeous.  I haven't cast on yet but when I see pics like yours it makes me want to drop everything and knit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotta go knit...
donnac368
DM7DragonFyre
Professional Nerd/Loser

Simply being loved... is more than enough...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: January 14, 2007 03:10:02 PM »

I've been knitting like a madman.

Color looks odd/off. Its a very pretty blue/green.. I think its the color "denim"  but honestly to me it has a touch of not-just-blue in it. Maybe it was my dye lot, i dunno.

Anyhow. there you go, kids. looks like I'll be done with the main body  part soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

live to love, love to live.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
ekittie
« Reply #624 on: January 15, 2007 06:23:49 AM »

ekittie your progress is inspiring and it looks gorgeous.  I haven't cast on yet but when I see pics like yours it makes me want to drop everything and knit...

Aww, thanks.   Cheesy

It's a nice, easy to follow pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RoseRed81
Amateur

Do I dare disturb the universe?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: January 15, 2007 08:33:31 AM »

Alright! Done with the body.  I'm so excited to do the sleeves, 3" of that lace on skinny little sleeves is going to be so much easier.  I'm using yarn from Green Mountain, it's 20% organic cotton and 80% wool.  I wasn't going to do the purl ridges but I'm glad I did.

(I'm not really that tall at all, I'm like 5'2".)

This thread is so helpful! Everyone's skb is looking fabulous.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

koshka
« Reply #626 on: January 15, 2007 11:06:40 AM »

Ooh, great progress pics, guys! I just cast on for this over the weekend, so hopefully I'll be producing some similar ones soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brightlights
« Reply #627 on: January 15, 2007 02:20:04 PM »

Those both look great.  I am hoping that tonight I will finally get to join the sides.  Only 4 rows left to knit before I try it on.  Fingers crossed that it will be big enough....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brightlights
« Reply #628 on: January 26, 2007 08:22:36 AM »

OK guys, I need help!!  I have joined in the round and I am knitting a couple more inches before I will be able to start the lace.  I am using Karabella Aurora 8, which is great, but I suck at joining new balls.  I have been trying the Russian join using this tutorial, http://webpages.charter.net/basheera/russian.html .  But it looks lumpy.  I am hoping the two joins I have done so far will look better after blocking, and they are both on the back so I think they'll be OK, but does anyone have any advice on what kind of join to do?  Is the Russian join not meant for this kind of yarn?  It is 8 little strands plied together.
Thanks!!

Edit: One more question...  Does anyone know if this yarn stretches a lot?  I am trying to knit a small sweater because when I block things they usually wind up being too big.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shivashiva
« Reply #629 on: January 26, 2007 07:46:53 PM »

um, maybe this is not what you're looking for but how about just weaving them in? I have been very opposed to weaving in until I found how easy it was and how well it works.  i have felted yarns together before, but it looked kind of messy, like you say with the russion join. maybe it takes the right kind of yarn.

I have recently found I like weaving in ends, after doing all that knitting it's a nice change.

Good luck!

Best,
Shiva
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wavy Half Up Hair Tutorial
Best Exfoliators For Smoother Skin
Fall’s 4 Hottest Colors and Makeup Trends
Side French Braids Are A Versatile Hair Trend
5 Beauty Trends For Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...