A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
310 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Stitch Diva Pattern/Glampyre sweater  (Read 131539 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nfulkmd
« Reply #520 on: October 26, 2006 07:33:15 PM »

Woo Hoo!  My first post and my first knitalong!  And my 1st sweater for me!  I cast on 2 weeks ago making the L size and using the Tilli Tomas Burnt Olive like the long sleeve in the pattern.  I am just now to slipping the sleeve stitches and I started the 2nd skein.  The pattern says that it will take 4 skeins and I am wondering how close that will be?  Anyone out there doing the L size and the Tilli?  I am using size 9 needles.  Hoping to finish this thing before Thanksgiving!  I cannot believe how quick some of you are! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: October 27, 2006 07:23:27 AM »

I am going to guess you will need one more skein... plus I feel like people had to order an extra skein of the disco lights/rock star, too, right?  I am knitting the long-sleeved small, and although I am not using as much of the disco lights as the pattern calls for (which means i'm using more of the P&S), I am sure I will use up four skeins or more of P&S.  I am halfway through my third ball and I still have more than one and a half sleeves plus the neck edging to knit. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: October 29, 2006 03:27:20 PM »

So, I have a question about the neck edging. I picked up my stitches as required by the pattern, being very very careful to pick up the 6 stitches/inch specified, no more and no less. I finished it, stitched down the overlap and put the sweater on. The back of the neck stands up and outward like an elizabethan collar. It's obvious that there's way too much fabric back there. And I can't think of a way to fix it, other than starting completely from scratch and recalculating everything so that the back bit is more narrow than the front which seems problematic on it's own especially as the problem is really just at the most upper part of the back. Any suggestions? *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
koshare
« Reply #523 on: October 29, 2006 03:35:34 PM »

I picked up the 6 sts per inch along the V part of the neck only.  Along the back I picked up one stitch for every cast on stitch... what was that 5 sts per inch? 

And did you rememer to switch to the smaller needles for the neck band?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
FrogPuddle
« Reply #524 on: October 29, 2006 03:43:58 PM »

oh i have been in love with this pattern ever since i saw it! The woman running glampyre is coming out with a book "fitted knits", i wonder if there will be anything like this pattern in there. i cant wait. if not i'll have to break down and buy the pattern, but we can hope!.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: October 29, 2006 04:22:55 PM »

I did switch to the smaller needles, but that would have been the first thing I asked of someone as well.

I actually was about to do the exact same thing [picking up six on the v and 5 on the back]. I'll report back soonish.

I picked up the 6 sts per inch along the V part of the neck only.  Along the back I picked up one stitch for every cast on stitch... what was that 5 sts per inch? 

And did you rememer to switch to the smaller needles for the neck band?

EDIT I just wanted to let everyone know that picking up 5 stitches instead of 6 along the back of the neck did work and I no longer look like I'm wearing a "don't bite your stitches" dog cone. Huzzah! Thanks for confirming that this was my best plan Koshare!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006 11:10:07 PM by TheBon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: October 30, 2006 05:39:49 PM »

I finally finished!
it has taken me a couple of weeks to post pictures because i haven't had the time to get anyone to take some good ones...so here i am in my mirror!

my comments:
i made the size small in a 70% silk/30% cotton yarn

first of all, i can't say i loved making this pattern. i think this is mainly my fault..being so cheap i spent $25 on a huge cone of yarn that is lovely. BUT the only way i found to add beads was to knot them individually onto a thread and carry it along (only on the purl ridges). this was ridiculously time-consuming. ALSO, i saw that i was running low on yarn as i was knitting down the first arm, so i stopped with that arm, began on the second and had to be aware to make the arms the same length, so they are now 3/4 sleeves. which i like, but i just love the look of the long-sleeved sweater.
also, mine came out more loose. which, again, i like, but it's not exacly as...sexy...as the original!
i have a thought to wash it (is this a really bad idea? Undecided) hoping that it might felt a little and tighten up...any thoughts?
any comments are welcome...thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
cnp71201
« Reply #527 on: October 30, 2006 07:38:20 PM »

It looks very pretty! I haven't seen any SKB that didn't come out greaet! Does silk felt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
RainbowJoule
« Reply #528 on: October 30, 2006 08:24:19 PM »

I've finally gotten past the lace on my SKB. I didn't have any problems knitting it, but it was just so long. I got bored with it quickly. Plus classes got busy so I haven't touched it in a while. (Classes are still busy, but I'm ignoring the things I need to do for what I want to do. I'm sick of school.)

I still have one more purl ridge to do on the bottom, I was just too anxious. (And ignore the face. I was making a face at my cat who was staring at me.)

http://rainbowjoule.net/ljpics/10-30-06/IMG_5101sm.jpg (can't post pictures yet. I could have sworn I had posted a picture before)

Only changes I've made is adding in rows after joining the V and before starting the purl ridges. I'm also planning on lengthening the lower part of the body and sleeves as I like them longer. The lace part is actually more green. It's a pretty close match to the light green bits in the Manos. And it fits a lot better than it looks. I blame it on my tshirt, which has a slightly awkard fit anyways.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006 09:23:38 PM by RainbowJoule » THIS ROCKS   Logged
clayfaery
« Reply #529 on: November 01, 2006 09:30:47 AM »

So I just printed this pattern and I'm trying to settle on a yarn. I  want something light.. as I'll be making  big girl size and wear a sweater the is about 5 pounds is no fun..Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinkig about brown sheep cotton fleece...or a berroco {can't remember wich one..}

Also this is my first time doing any lace so I'm also thinking of making a super cheap first sweater using something like soft touch..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Gift Card Holder Pouch
How to Craft a Holiday Wreath with Coffee Filters
How to Make a Glittered Pinecone Gift Topper
How to Make Graham Cracker Gingerbread Cottages
How to Make a Holiday Photo Card Ornament
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...