A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Stitch Diva Pattern/Glampyre sweater  (Read 122728 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CyndiLu
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2006 02:30:18 PM »

I like the two green beads (either one but I think I prefer the smaller ones) or the amber/copper color beads at the end.  The very first beads look red to me in the pic but if in real life they are clear amber color I'd like those better. 
It's going to be lovely whichever bead you choose! 

Thanks!  The coffee colored beads really are the color of coffee... not red at all, more of a translucent brown color. 

Anyone else plan to add beads in the lace sections?  I'd love to see pics from anyone who has done it.  I need to figure out how many beads to use, and how to spread them somewhat randomly throughout the lace section. 

Can anyone who is using the TT Rockstar tell me how far apart the beads are spaced in the yarn? 

-Cyndi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stormshade
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2006 03:10:36 PM »

Anyone else plan to add beads in the lace sections?  I'd love to see pics from anyone who has done it.  I need to figure out how many beads to use, and how to spread them somewhat randomly throughout the lace section. 

Can anyone who is using the TT Rockstar tell me how far apart the beads are spaced in the yarn? 

I'm using Rockstar for another one.  The beads are measuring out to be about 6" apart on the yarn but I'm rearranging them a bit as I go so they're spaced correctly.  
Here are some pics of the swatch I'm working on although it's hard to see the bead spacing.    

Right now I'm also doing one in a cotton yarn and I've decided to add beads.  I've only done one row so far, nothing picture worthy yet.  For this one I'm putting a lot fewer beads than the Rockstar ends up being.  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 02:25:52 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

See some pics of my knitting http://www.picturetrail.com/stormshade
filbert264
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2006 06:29:53 PM »

I've been following this thread with much excitement and dreaminess, as I too had been awaiting the release of this pattern.  And yes, I am trying to figure out what yarn to use.

My question to those who have started and/or those who are more experienced with yarn- I'm thinking of using Madil Eden Bamboo- which has a gauge of 20 st= 4", rather than the 18 st.  I know you all were discussing this earlier- any opinions on whether it really matters to use an 18st guage to get the 20st look VS. 20st to get 20st?  Thanks for any thoughts...

I really love the idea of using bamboo- and this is the one brand I've found that seems to be machine washable.  I really like that- since I plan to wear this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldengrrl
Val and Miss Cleo

L'il Miss Cleo

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2006 07:01:42 PM »

Hi Everyone!

Consider me in Grin  I also splurged on the Tilli Tomas.  When the clerk at my not so LYS told me the total the only thing I could do was laugh and shake my head-most expensive knitted sweater evah.  And it starting to make me nervous...I don't usually have a problem with gauge and I'm reading that some of you are right on with the 7's.  I was way off.  I hope I don't have to do much swatching.   This stuff is beautiful but it also seems kind of delicate.  I feel like I need to be gentle when working with it.

I'm using my new knitpicks needles...I'm wondering if that is good choice?
Keep your fingers crossed for me....  Val
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006 07:04:55 PM by vmichael2002@yahoo.com » THIS ROCKS   Logged
almndladybug
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2006 07:16:17 PM »

Well, I gave in after not being able to decide on any other yarn and ordered some Andean Silk, hopefully it will work. I got it in a light blue color but the Sangria tempted me. I'm just too pale to do a dark color like that though  . I got three day shipping because I'll be leaving to visit my parents before the order could get to me and I want to try and knit while I"m there. Of course I'm ignoring all the other projects I've got going lately. I seriously have knitters  ADD, which is no surprise all things considered. I also ordered some Knitpicks needles to try out, I love my Denises, but you can never have too many interchangeable needles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CyndiLu
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2006 09:08:36 PM »

Wow - Stormshade, the red Rockstar is gorgeous!  I'm drooling.  Thanks for the info on the bead spacing too.  6" is probably a little close together for me - that's a lot of beads!  It's good info to know though, and gives me a starting point.

-Cyndi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stormshade
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2006 09:46:56 PM »

My question to those who have started and/or those who are more experienced with yarn- I'm thinking of using Madil Eden Bamboo- which has a gauge of 20 st= 4", rather than the 18 st.  I know you all were discussing this earlier- any opinions on whether it really matters to use an 18st guage to get the 20st look VS. 20st to get 20st?  Thanks for any thoughts...

I really love the idea of using bamboo- and this is the one brand I've found that seems to be machine washable.  I really like that- since I plan to wear this!

I think bamboo would be fabulous!  I was originally going to use bamboo and still may for another.  Madil is wonderful stuff and should work out great. 

Wow - Stormshade, the red Rockstar is gorgeous!  I'm drooling.  Thanks for the info on the bead spacing too.  6" is probably a little close together for me - that's a lot of beads!  It's good info to know though, and gives me a starting point.

I'll post a pic of my black one soon.  I'm doing a lot less beads and it's looking great.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See some pics of my knitting http://www.picturetrail.com/stormshade
bryonyramsden
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2006 10:30:12 AM »

Woohoo!  My friend at work has had a yarn delivery from her sister Cheesy  I get it Monday!  Can't wait (but I never expected it to be so quick either)! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
pixiepurls
Knitting, Spinning & Podcasting

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2006 03:40:09 PM »

I did a bad bad thing just now...

I went to kpixie.com and had a party lol.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 03:47:20 PM by pixiepurls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blog:          http://www.pixiepurls.com
Knitting Podcast:     http://podcast.pixiepurls.com
pixiepurls
Knitting, Spinning & Podcasting

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2006 03:42:43 PM »

vmichael my experience with silk is a sharp needle is bad, and bamboo is good because this stuff is slippery. My debbie bliss pure silky gets very angry if tyhe tip of my needle breaks a tiny nearly can't see it thread, and then the area blooms. it's like it has an invisible net around it and if I catch that net I ruin it. but that's the debbie bliss not the tilli.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blog:          http://www.pixiepurls.com
Knitting Podcast:     http://podcast.pixiepurls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Trend: Beachy Waves
JWoww Sniptease Thursdays: Hair Extensions
We Tried It: The Beer and Vodka Hair Rinse
Get Glossy Hair with Tati
How to Curl Hair With a Curling Wand
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...