A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 301,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Stitch Diva Pattern/Glampyre sweater  (Read 133013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pharasalia
« Reply #500 on: October 20, 2006 11:10:51 AM »

WHEW!  51 pages to read!  But I stayed up past my bedtime last nite reading through it and spent a good portion of my free time at the office finishing it lol. I love seeing the completed sweaters. I can't wait to get started on mine.

Since I am going to be making one of the larger versions... I'd really really love to see the completed pics on the 48' size TheBon is working on, I'd like to see how it comes out sizewise.... that purple is pretty. 

The other thing I'd like to know is how did the one in Simply Soft come out? Was that you storm? I'm so slow, I can't imagine finishing 2 of them so fast hehe, but I'd really like to see pics of the Simply Soft one. Every once in awhile I can shell out for the expensive yarns and I may do that for myself but I'd like to make one for a gift and I can't afford expensive yarns for both lol. =)

I can't tell you how much I love the look of this sweater. Too bad since I live in florida I'll only be wearing it like 4 months of the year lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zia
« Reply #501 on: October 20, 2006 05:22:34 PM »

Thanks so much for explaining that 'thebon'.  It does make more sense now after showing how you got that count.
I wasn't 'really'  Embarrassed doubting you, just very curious how you calcuated all those stitches! 
You know how it is, it seems like a huge number in ones head...  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PAKnitchick
« Reply #502 on: October 20, 2006 06:09:08 PM »

The other thing I'd like to know is how did the one in Simply Soft come out? Was that you storm? I'm so slow, I can't imagine finishing 2 of them so fast hehe, but I'd really like to see pics of the Simply Soft one. 

I started it and it is coming out pretty nice.  The yarn gets a little fuzzy but I think I can fix it after I am done.  I did make the mistake of drinking and lacing.....band combo and I have to undo a few rows.....I could still take a pic i guess. Let me know.

My mother in law sent me some nice bamboo yarn to see if I would want to make a 2nd out of it.....much lighter feeling. We'll see if I get over my annoyance at the messed up lace enough to get this one done soon. I am such a flaky knitter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: October 20, 2006 09:56:47 PM »

I wasn't 'really'  Embarrassed doubting you, just very curious how you calcuated all those stitches! 
You know how it is, it seems like a huge number in ones head...  Wink 

It does seem like a huge number. I can only think about how many stitches it would have been WITHOUT the deep v. The girls have to be covered!

Speaking of which, I have reached the point of the first purl rows. It has to wait though because I need to buy needles. Needles that I am going to buy tomorrow after I return soda cans. I'm going to have to wait and see about the lower bit, I may need less length than the pattern calls for [I am short waisted.] I figure I'll try it on again after I get the purl rows and lace done [hopefully tomorrow, if not, then likely Sunday.] I'll post more photos when I get there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Zia
« Reply #504 on: October 21, 2006 06:24:37 PM »

Yes the 'girls' certainly do need coverage.
(I mean generally and not just yours of course!)

Every time I see one finished, I like it more and more.  It is a pretty design and I'm sure yours is going to look smashing!  Especially with that gorgeous colour you are using.   I lllloooovvvveeee purple!

Zia  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 23, 2006 11:13:34 AM »

I only have one sleeve finished and since it's around 80 right now, I'm not feeling the urge to start on the second sleeve.
I decided to use TLC cotton plus and had to change to size 2 and 5 needles and dpns. This is a combination of the size XS and S, I started with the size S at the top and then decreased to a size XS for the lace panel and the sleeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: October 23, 2006 12:11:43 PM »

I finished the lace bit. Know that I am shortwaisted, I made the panel shorter than called for and it hits me right where I wanted it to. I'm seriously debating omitting the lace on the sleeves all together, adding a set of purl ridges to where they are and calling it good. We'll see when I get there.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: October 23, 2006 12:25:27 PM »

I'm seriously debating omitting the lace on the sleeves all together, adding a set of purl ridges to where they are and calling it good. We'll see when I get there.

I actually decided to omit the lace AND the purl ridges on the biceps and am doing the sleeves in stockinette, except I am doing the purl ridges at the bottom edge of the sleeve.  I am also not going to be flaring the sleeves as much.  Here's my progress:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41375302@N00/277434371/

I am using the Tilli Thomas yarn in Ruby Wine and knitting the small
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
koi

crochet is my thing!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #508 on: October 23, 2006 12:33:15 PM »

Hey TheBon u are so cute in purple!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tenrec

*adaptive*radiation*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: October 23, 2006 12:44:37 PM »

TheBon - leave it like that and you have a cute minisweater!  Seriously, I think you could wear it just like that (well, finish the edges) and no one would look twice at you.
Love the purple!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Indigo King Book Trailer
The Secret to Teen Power Book Trailer
Davy Rothbart Reveals His Best Quality
Meet Author Ted Bell
Kristin Kimball Talks About The Dirty Life
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...