A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Stitch Diva Pattern/Glampyre sweater  (Read 122881 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: September 01, 2006 12:32:33 PM »

since you are knitting in the round...there really is no right to left as far as your work is concerned...also, her chart is symmetrical...so you can't lose!  ;)since she put the numbers on the right, i read it right to left. so for the first round you are knitting of the lace, knit all the way around, then for round 2, you'll start in that first box on the right next to the #2.
good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2006 12:35:35 PM »

Okay, another question... so when I looked at the pattern before I bought it, I was looking at the two versions (long and short sleeved) and maybe I'm crazy, but the short-sleeved version looks like the neckline is not nearly as deep as the long-sleeved.  When I saw the pictures, I thought maybe there were two different options for the neckline, and I thought I'd knit the body of the short sleeved sweater and then the sleeves of the long-sleeved sweater.  But now I have the pattern and I see that there is supposedly no difference.  What's up with this?  Could she be wearing two different sizes?  I'm confused.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
almndladybug
« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2006 02:27:12 PM »

Okay, another question... so when I looked at the pattern before I bought it, I was looking at the two versions (long and short sleeved) and maybe I'm crazy, but the short-sleeved version looks like the neckline is not nearly as deep as the long-sleeved.  When I saw the pictures, I thought maybe there were two different options for the neckline, and I thought I'd knit the body of the short sleeved sweater and then the sleeves of the long-sleeved sweater.  But now I have the pattern and I see that there is supposedly no difference.  What's up with this?  Could she be wearing two different sizes?  I'm confused.

I think she's wearing two different sizes...there's no way that the sleeve lacing could be that low unless the size she was wearing was much bigger than the first. Of course that's just my  $0.02. The way the sweater fits on me, only the top of my cleavage would be exposed, a little risque without something under it but not too bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixiepurls
Knitting, Spinning & Podcasting

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 01, 2006 04:56:51 PM »

that green one HAS to be a WAY bigger size, it's HUGE on her, just look close at the underarms, length, and neck. No way thats the same size as the brown/red one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blog:          http://www.pixiepurls.com
Knitting Podcast:     http://podcast.pixiepurls.com
aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2006 07:54:19 PM »

that green one HAS to be a WAY bigger size, it's HUGE on her, just look close at the underarms, length, and neck. No way thats the same size as the brown/red one.

Dude, that's stupid, why would they put another size on the model?  That's just misleading.  I'm irritated now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
cnp71201
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2006 08:35:31 PM »

Oh, that does kinda suck... but I do still like the sweater enough to make it. Anyone planning on trying to figure out how to give the sweater the look of the second one without having to knit it too large?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
rtrgrrl
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2006 06:38:25 AM »

I finished the lace bit on the body! Here are some pictures of it actually on me (to give you a better idea of how it looks without the ridges). I think it definitely removes a lot of the bulk of the sweater. I'm knitting the smallest size, and it is working out perfectly  Cheesy

I also thought of another few slight modifications I"m doing.

1) I'm only doing wasit shaping at the sides and eliminating the darts, and increasing less frequently. When I knit it up the first time, I thought it was too flare-ey and not very form fitting.

2) Increasing for the sleeves starting at the elbows rather than right at the end of the lace, and increasing less frequently. I am a small lady, so smaller, daintier things look better on me.

3) Possible crochet or picot edging at the neck? I haven't decided on this one yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LionMine
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2006 06:55:49 AM »

That looks wonderful.  I have to take some notes from you, I'm pretty small as well and don't want it to be too un-fitted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rose Red - in which I write about my life as an amateur crafter.
normar
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2006 10:08:45 AM »

I think thi looks great.  Are you doing the purls for the hem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rtrgrrl
« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2006 04:23:23 PM »

nah, I think I am just going to let the edges curl, and maybe add a row of single crochet to add stability. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Country Fried Potatoes with Onions Recipe
Cincinnati Chili Recipes
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
Breakfast Pizza with Hash Brown Crust Recipe
Herb Seasoned Chicken Crunch Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...