A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Stitch Diva Pattern/Glampyre sweater  (Read 135429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scapina
« Reply #280 on: August 28, 2006 10:55:53 PM »

you could try making a toque (errr winter cap for the non-canadians). the are quick and easy and often on circulars. that would give you some confidence, and it will keep your head warm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rtrgrrl
« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2006 04:17:16 AM »

Here is a picture of my second attempt sweater with no purl ridges. I only have a small bit of the lace done, I hope you can see it! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
normar
« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2006 05:38:15 AM »

I think it looks great.  Takes away the bulk that I think the purls make.  Thanks for posting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
detroy
« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2006 06:20:10 AM »

rtrgrrl, thanks for the photo, I think I'll skip my ridges too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RainbowJoule
« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2006 03:07:43 PM »

It looks nice without the purl ridges, but I wonder what it would be like if the lace was a different color. (Which is the question I'm debating at the moment, whether or not to skip the purl ridges and switch colors)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LionMine
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2006 10:24:08 AM »

Nixing the purl ridges seems like a good idea...in a picture the purl doesn't seem so bad, but I know when I'm wearing it I'll just look down all the time and wonder what's going on down there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rose Red - in which I write about my life as an amateur crafter.
Keletubbie

Knittin' like I mean it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2006 04:02:45 PM »

Right, I spent all day looking longngly at the pattern and decided I would never wear this beautiful sweater. But my mum would love it. So I indulged.

I am going to knit it in my favourite budget but lovely wool, Cygnet Wool Rich aran. I could bathe in the stuff.

The only thing I need is a glitzy carrier yarn for the lace panels, which I'll track down over the weekend.

I have a feeling I'll whip this baby out in no time.

Hopefully...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my blog. Comments make us all happy:

http://purlfriday.blogspot.com
koshare
« Reply #287 on: September 01, 2006 06:54:00 AM »

I have a feeling I'll whip this baby out in no time.

It IS a fast and fun knit....

EXCEPT....

I am STILL waiting for the ONE EXTRA SKEIN of yarn I need to knit the last ten rows.  I ordered it over a week ago and have not gotten any response from the vendor other than an automated "we receive dyour order" email about 10 minutes after I placed the order. 

Repeated emails from me asking when the yarn will be shipped have led to no response.   I think a phone call is in order today....

I want to wear this a week from today... which I can do if I get the yarn before Wednesday as I'm going to have no time to knit after that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2006 08:20:24 AM »

During our thunderstorm this evening, I finished the lace and purl section of the waist and took some pics of the tunic on me, in really awful light....like no light, but you can see the carry along yarn and the color.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dawnya/224102910/

Dawnya- what yarn did you use?  I just ordered the Tilli Thomas, and I ended up going with the disco lights, and it looks like your yarn is sequined?  I ask because I think yours is gorgeous and if you used the disco lights, then I am even more excited about using it now!

Also, for anyone else, how do you read a chart in the round?  I thought you always went R to L on odd rows and L to R on even rows, but then I knit a hat (in the round) with a chart and it was obvious that you read it L to R on all rows (or maybe its R to L on all rows).  Anyway, any chart help would be much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
pixiepurls
Knitting, Spinning & Podcasting

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 01, 2006 09:58:18 AM »

man charts are different, ushually they are numbered on the side your supposed to be reading from.

Some charts I have seen go left to right, right to left, soo you do all odd numbers from the right, and all even from the right... then others I have seen are all left to right.. I'm not sure for this, I havn't gotten that far yet. Look for numbers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blog:          http://www.pixiepurls.com
Knitting Podcast:     http://podcast.pixiepurls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Movie Inspired Halloween Costume Ideas
Hang Time With Jenn Im: Feral Creature
How Can You Dress Like a Countess?
3 Ways to Wear Sports Luxe Tops
How to Wear a Tan Leather Skirt
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Marinara Sauce
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...