A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cell Phone Cozies  (Read 47347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anjalita
bellamonkee

Crafty wench...yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2003 09:19:40 PM »

okay! I tried my hand at it...and here is.....cozy bunny....

this is the first time I've ever decreased stitches, so it's a little sloppy...proud of myself nevertheless!  Grin
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003 04:21:50 AM by anjalita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soapers, Join me at the Whisk! www.the-whisk.us best soaping forum...EVER!

Remember you are a star. Never go across the alley even to dump garbage
unless you are dressed to the teeth. -- Cecil B. DeMille
Marnie

Curves aren't made of diet food.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003 02:46:31 PM »

I'm so inspired. Tonight I'm going to do up something like this with some of the fuzzy yarns I have at home. My cell phone is a star tac so the standard cell phone bags never fit it, but NO MORE! I'll make my own.

This will be great for holiday gifts.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marnie MacLean
http://marniemaclean.com
Killjoie
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2003 02:03:31 PM »

This project JUMPED off the page at me!  
I ended up making one in between making Thanksgiving dishes.  I used Bernat Boa yarn, in Phoenix (a bright fire-y set of oranges) held with black worsted yarn, and made a flaming kitty.  These will definitely be in my christmas packages to my cat-lover family.  

(It works really well in stockinette stitch too, when you use the furry yarn, because you can switch back to garter stitch to do the ears, they won't curl, and the fuzziness of the yarn hides the stitch change.  Good to know if you, like me, hate working strictly garter stitch, after making "The Scarf That Would NEVER End  Angry" in that.)

Elissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't be a good example, at least you can serve as a horrible warning.
Marnie

Curves aren't made of diet food.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2003 12:40:27 PM »

How adorable! I love the button closure in back, that's a great little detail. I think yours is just as cute as meomi  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Marnie MacLean
http://marniemaclean.com
Maria G
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2003 05:30:39 PM »

i love and need that cozy  Tongue
i don't know how to knit, but i can crochet...i'm going to try and make one, in pink....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whimworx

Don't leave things unfinishe.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2003 10:40:05 PM »

Ok, here is one I whipped up. I scanned it and the color is wacked, it is actually a citrus green. Here is basic crochet instruction...
Chain 12, double crochet in 2nd loop from hook and then across. Chain 1 and turn. Repeat until rectangle measures about 12 inches (or how ever long you want it. It will be folded in half). When done with rectangle, chain , turn, *3 double crochet, chain 1 turn. 2 double crochet, slip stitch into next loop and tie off. This makes an ear. Tie on yarn on 3rd loop from other end and repeat from*. Slip stitch side together, going up one side, chain as many stiches as you want to get the length of strap you desire, then slip stitch other sides together.  Use embroidery floss to sew on the button eyes and make a nose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
researchasaurus
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2003 03:09:13 PM »

Hey I made one too. You can see it on my web page here [note, the link is dead, sorry]  and if you read the whole entry there's instructions for how to knit it. I didn't explain how I finished it though...

I picked up 14 stitches across one side of the top, knit maybe like 12-14 rows in stockinette, then in the next knit row I knit 5, cast off 5, and knit 5; next purl row knit 5, cast on 5 (using that backward loop method), and knit the other 5 for the button hole. Then I knit maybe 5 or 6 more rows ending with a couple rows of K1P1 rib in the hopes of avoiding curling edges...and bound off in rib.

For the little handle, I just picked up four stitches right at one corner of the top flap, and knit it in stockinette until it seemed long enough. Then sewed the edge to the other side!

This is a light worsted-weight wool, and I did on US5 needles.

Update! Wow, a year later according to my site stats, this post is still sending me traffic! I'm sorry that my site crashed a while ago and this is one of the entries that got killed. I'm just getting back into Craftster lately and as soon as I restore that post I'll put another link here. Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004 01:06:50 PM by researchasaurus » THIS ROCKS   Logged
yardenxanthe
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2003 04:13:58 PM »

Great pictures, researchasaurus !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ice
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2003 07:03:52 PM »

I had to make one... and now here it is! *grin* Leftover yarn is great for this! (hence the bloo kitty) I have a rounded top cell phone, so I had to alter it a bit. Mine laces around the front so that I can use the phone with the cozy on. Nothin like having people look at you funny 'cause you're talkin into a blue kitty!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristi
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2003 12:05:35 AM »

That blue kitty is much nicer than mine - but here she is anyways.

Kristi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Textured Knot Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Masculine Chignon Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - New Evening Bob Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Side-Parted Ponytail Tutorial
Hairstyles in Vogue for Fall/Winter 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...