A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,190
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Swap II  (Read 5441 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jiffer23
« on: August 03, 2004 07:10:35 PM »

I got these wonderful mittens knitted by laminda!! I love 'em and can't wait for winter!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/jiffer23/6318a6fe.bmp
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alleycat.rm

"Me fail English!? Thats unpossible!" -Ralph W.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004 11:44:11 AM »

Hi I got a lovely box filled with all kinds of goodies today from Denise M! I got a cute little vase thing filled with flowers and a little bunny sitting in the flowers. A really cool candle holder covered with shells and a beachy candle (it'll be like being at the beach everyday!), 3 cute magnets, 4 really pretty pairs of earrings (I cant wait to wear them), A neat book mark, and my favorite a stuffed bear (how'd you know i love bears?  Smiley ) Thank you soooo much!!!!!  Grin I'll post pics after i ask Denise if it's okay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewsudchic

Macrame'-Modge Podge Maven with a ATC addiction

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004 12:38:30 PM »

Cheesy I received all my wunderful goodies the other day!
it was quite a joyful occasion since i was having a bad day that day.. but anyhoo, here is what i got:

a nice flowery journal. The outer cover looks to be made from recycled paper and bits o' yarn, and on the cover are nice vintage style red paper flowers and inside is smooth bright green paper. The top is held together by these rings. its so neat, i love it! It reminds me of those yummy journals i try to resist from buying all the time at B&N...

also in the package was a knitted pouch! yay! i love knitties!
the little knit pouch is blue and green stripey with funky cute bright blue and green small yarn stripeys. It has a really cute oriental style button to close.  this is tres' cute!!! i wish i knew how to knit!!  Right now the little knit pouch is a happy home for my cell ph.! i'm glad, i can now find my cellph.

And last but not least, i got some super glittery cute magnets...
2 - were yellow flowers (my fave colour flowers, how'd u kno?) these were lined in gold glitter... then the other 2 magnets were vintage style bluebirds (so cute 2!) lined in red glitter... Smiley

Cheesy Great job J PANTS!!!! you did awesome!!
did you use resin in the magnets? or something else? that is so neat!
THanks so much! i loved it all!!! Another great Random Swap!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jinxya26

But I gotta Rock!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004 03:23:19 PM »

I got the best stuff today from Alison. I was so excited when my dad said I had a package!!

She gave me:
-a picture album with a flower on it
-a beautiful scarf with flowers
-2 awesome pursed
-lavender bath salts
-a cool picture frame with flowers (either croched or knitted I really don't know the diff between the 2)
- and some notecards

Thank you so much!! I love it!!
-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004 05:31:37 AM »

sewsudchic-I'm so glad you liked your packie!  It was funny, I started reading your post without really looking to see who it was posting, as I got through the description of the book, I started to think, That sounds like my book!  Then I saw it was your post and I was like, It is my book!  I was in such a hurry to mail the stuff that I forgot to take a picture, but you did such a great job of describing everything!

did you use resin in the magnets? or something else? that is so neat!

Here is a whole thread about bottlecap magnets!  enjoy!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=609
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewsudchic

Macrame'-Modge Podge Maven with a ATC addiction

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004 02:24:07 PM »

Cheesy *blush* THanks! i was thrilled to no end!!
i laughed about how you didnt realize it was your package. ha-ha! thats cute!
Thanks for the bottlecap thread! so kewl.
i'm so jealous over the knitting thing.. i want to learn so bad i can taste it! oh well..

Hey  - a shout at alleycat !
Denise also does some awesome swaps! She makes the best and cutest bunnies!! I think everyone deserves a Denise bunny .

Everyone deserves a bunny and a knitty thing! Smiley   This was so fun! I love Random swaps!
i'm going to try to post pics later Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alison
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004 12:10:21 PM »

Here's a pic of the stuff I sent to jinxy...I can't wait to get mine!

http://www.auroraseven.com/alison/craftster/randomswap.gif
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011 05:10:51 PM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laminda
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004 08:04:33 PM »

Jennie sent me the greatest bag, a cute magnet, & some awesome incense - yay!  I can't for the life of me figure out how to post pix here, so if you wanna see, come visit at http://gidget.typepad.com/gidget_casts_on/.

Thanks Jennie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lissa
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004 11:57:35 AM »

Barbi sent me the coolest stuff!  It's not in front of me so I can't remember it all.  A really nice body shaped vase, some sushi earings (very cute), some orignal artwork in a great frame, Marmaduke marble thumbtacks (I really needed some more), a really cute skeleton necklace, a bracelet with homemade beads, a sushi figurine that broke in the mail but I can glue it back and I can't remember if that was everything or not.

Thanks!  My package is going to go out Monday.  "D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004 02:38:43 PM »

today i got my swap stuff from german chocolate.  so exciting!  i got an adorable pillow shaped like a muffin with little red pony beads sewn on-a strawberry muffin!  and two gel candles, one blue and one green.  now that i'm a student again, i  no longer have access to the digital camera i used to use at work.  boo-hoo!  i'll have to let all of my swap partners know that from now on. but i love my stuff and was so delighted for a package!  thanks german chocolate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004 01:03:59 PM »

What a great day!  It started crappy but improved at mail time when I received a box full of beautiful things from alleycat.

There was a painted pot with flower pens, a painted box that held a surprise (magnets), a cute purse, gel pens, and a lovely journal.

Thanks you so much!

I will post a picture as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004 01:49:44 PM by bkrenning4 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
retrokitty
rad to the bone

The New Year brings lots of crafting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2004 08:29:56 AM »

The doorbell rang and woke me up, causing me to immediatly jump out of bed and run to the door to see if it was the mailman.  It was, and look what he brought me from she is an orange:  The bag is reversible!
edit: Ha, I didn't even mention whether I liked the stuff or not!  (I do, btw)   Grin
http://tinypic.com/2tr3r[/img] [img]http://tinypic.com/2tr7
And here is where the pillows live!

The is what I sent to Alisnot.  She should have gotten it yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011 05:11:42 PM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

Check out my crafting blog @ http://sillypanda.wordpress.com & Send me a link to yours, I love reading new blogs!
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2004 01:03:30 PM »

Today I received my stuff from Lissa!  She sent me a cute daisy print bag with lace trim, a jar that had "candy" etched on it and filled with jolly ranchers, a cute lady bug hair elastic, a sachet, homemade envelopes, recipe cards, and salt dough ornaments.  Thanks, it was so fun to open everything up!
Here's a picture of everything:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/norsgoebel/Lissastuff.jpg

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
alison
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2004 09:09:00 PM »

I just got my AMAZING package from kendaljay!  I got magnets, and a box, and a scarf, a notebook, some flower pens in a pot, and i think some other stuff i can't remember off the top of my head.  the most wonderful thing was these cards she made.  i am so completely overwhelmed with how fantastic they are.
-Alison

here's the pictures.  i seem to left out the scarf when i took these...its blue fleece with flowers on it and totally adorable.

http://binary.techinfocenter.com/images/a7Website/kendaljayswap2.jpg

http://binary.techinfocenter.com/images/a7Website/kendaljayswap.jpg
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011 05:12:07 PM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004 01:41:03 PM »

Okay I got my box from Jinx yesterday. Yay!!! I'm going to post pictures later, just wanted to let her know I got it. Let's see, I got a tie-dyed pillowcase, a cute little ceramic piggie with "money$$$" stuff on it, a little chalkboard with a very cool border, some marble magnets in a little red box, and a CUTE muffin applique out of felt(love that) I think thats it. Thanks Jinx!!  Wink All right here comes the picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/kendaljay/07-03-04193.jpg
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011 05:12:31 PM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
tenesmus

Crafting saves the day!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004 09:43:41 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to post pics! I love all of my stuff that I got from sewsudchic!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/tenesmus/IM000240.jpg
She made me some insense and it smells really good! I love all of the boxer related stuff too (notepad, bag, pin!)
Great swap guys!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011 05:12:51 PM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
is she an orange
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2004 05:24:14 PM »

random swapper, where are you? Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2004 05:34:52 PM »

aww. have you not gotten your's yet? Since our host is MIA, maybe we could have all the people who have not gotten anything yet post on here. I would be happy to send extra boxes, I know my sister would too, along with several others. And if you are one of the people who haven't SENT a box yet (for any reason, it doesn't matter) maybe you could let you're swapper know what's going on, or even PM me if you decided you can't send anything. I just want everyone to get something, cause it really sucks if you don't. I hope I'm not out of line here, but I think others feel the same way. It was a fun swap, and we don't want it to turn bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
melmelon

I'm a weird llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2004 06:04:37 AM »

dear random swapper,

I hope all is well with you.  I still haven't received my package. Has it been sent? Its not a big deal if its late, or what not....it would mainly just be nice to know what's going on.

in anticipation,
mel
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2004 08:15:09 AM »

It is so sad that some are still anxiously awaiting their goody boxes.  If the swappers really do turn out to be AWOL let me know  kendaljay and I have some goodies I would be willing to send as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2004 04:56:07 PM »

Okay so far we have:
is she an orange
melmelon
who haven't gotten their boxes yet. Is there anyone else? Please let us know so we can send you a box. I'm going to wait until Wednesday for anyone else, and then we'll start getting some boxes put together for you guys!! Thanks to norsgoebel and bkrenning for offering to help with goodies! Don't worry, we'll get you taken care of!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
Brandi
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2004 02:18:35 PM »

I can do the boxes for y'all... Wink

Just so you all know, I had melmelon..I had a problem with my sister not mailing my box (i had it a few days late and as of now it is still in her car) but it is now gone and sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am gone for 5 days, earings will go out, don't worry, I am very busy and very overwhelmed... sorry about all this.
kendaljay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2004 03:28:16 PM »

oookkay. I'm glad you're back with us Brandi, we were wondering where you went!  Wink My sis and I have already started a box for Is She an Orange so you don't have to worry about that! We'll have it out Monday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
Brandi
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2004 11:37:51 AM »

This is the list of swappers:

jinxy recieved
To: kendaljay

Alison recieved
To: jinxy

Norsegoebel recieved
To: Lissa

kendaljay recieved
To: Alison

alleycat.rm recieved
To: bkrenning4

Lissa recieved
To: norsegoebel

DeniseM
To: alleycat.rm

bkrenning4 recieved
To: DeniseM

Laminda recieved
To: jiffer23

Terrace
To: germ@n_chocol@te

germ@n_chocol@te
To: jpants

jiffer23 recieved
To: Laminda

retrokitty recieved
To: alisnot

is she an orange I PM'd her swapper...
To: retrokitty

jpants recieved
To: sewsudchic

alisnot
To: alionwonderland

alisonwonderland
To: schmarmygal

Tenesmus recieved
To: Terrace

Melmelon
To: vonneguttermouth

schmarmygal
To: is she an orange

vonneguttermouth
To: Brandi

sewsudchic recieved
To: Tenesmus

Brandi recieved
To: MelMelon

« Last Edit: September 12, 2004 11:52:05 AM by Brandi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am gone for 5 days, earings will go out, don't worry, I am very busy and very overwhelmed... sorry about all this.
Brandi
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2004 11:52:34 AM »

I still have to go through my PM folder with all the DCNs but I will do that soon and update the page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melmelon

I'm a weird llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004 06:11:46 AM »

I can do the boxes for y'all... Wink

Just so you all know, I had melmelon..I had a problem with my sister not mailing my box (i had it a few days late and as of now it is still in her car) but it is now gone and sent!

At risk of sounding like a whiny little beeyotch, could I please have the confirmation number of the package? I still haven't received anything.  If you haven't sent it, and have no plans to, just let me know and I'll let it go, no need for anyone else to send me anything.  All I want is to know if I should actually really and truly be expecting anything that is random to be coming my way.  My patience in this matter has been and gone.
In the immortal words of Fez, "I said Good Day!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Baja Style Fried Lobster Recipe
How to Make a Bison Burger
Grilled Large Clam Recipe
Dorado Fish in Salsa Sauce Recipe
Scallops in Vinaigrette Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...