A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Motivational Work-Out Gallery  (Read 3384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dexterchickk
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006 07:44:08 AM »

thats so awsome.  I need those magnets. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samsmartypants
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006 06:46:33 AM »

I got my amazing package from bookishgrrl! I'll have to post pictures when I get home...let's just say you all will so jealous! I'm using a whole bunch of the stuff today! Thanks so much, bookishgrrl! I couldn't have asked for a better partner  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107374.0

"And you know that she's half crazy, but that's why you want to be there." ~Leonard Cohen~

www.myspace.com/samsmart
offnlalaland54
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006 10:03:19 PM »

i got my package from batgirl the other day and man oh man i love EVERYTHING! I am so glad i chose her for a partner and i hope she likes what i sent! Anyways, heres everything! are you jealous?

Heres everything, which included
-A knitted yoga mat cozie that is PERFECT
-Little interchangable pouches and bands with a fruits-and-veggies pattern for holding stuff when I go to the gym
-Wristbands with little embroidered cherries! (ADORABLE!!)
-A glow in the dark frisbee
-A pedometer
-An awesome motivational work-out mix

Heres a closeup of the pouches and wristbands

Heres a closeup of the frisbee and pedometer and CD

THANKS BATGIRL!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm ready to jump back into craftster, i'm up for any angeling, so let me know!!
bookishgrrl
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006 05:46:11 PM »

On Saturday, I received my fabulous package from Samsmartypants!
Check out the loot!
Shown here is a lavendar yoga bag with a matching mat, a swank hip pack, a terry cloth "neck cooler" (so useful on these 90 degree days!), pin-up girl magnets, an issue of Shape loaded with useful articles and tasty-looking recipes and a lovely card that reads (along with the personal note) "you're so hot. There, now do you feel better?" which made me laugh--I hardly expected a pretty card with blossoms on the front to have such a cheeky sentiment inside.

All of the handmade items were so beautifull sewn together, looking so slick and professional!

Here's a closeup of the yoga mat and carrying bag, made of a shiny sort of asian-esque fabric, with a bead drawstring closure:

And here's my torso, representing the hip pack. It has a lining in a lovely rasberry cordoroy and two compartments. I've already used it for my bike ride today, where it remained comfy and snug where it should, happily carrying my keys, wallet and cell phone. it also swanked up my rather drab workout wear...(I noted that it matched the blue in my Cranes t-shirt perfectly)

And these are the cutest magnets ever! Getting fit never looked so hot. Each one has a quote beneath the image. The biker chick reads: "There ain't much fun in medicine, but a heck of a lot of medicine in fun." the girl on the scale says: "To ask a woman to be unnaturally thin is to ask them to relinquish their sensuality." --Naomi Wolf and finally, the girl with the old school exercising belt (what were those supposed to do anyway?) is captioned "The best Doctors in the world are Doctor Quiet, Doctor Diet and Doctor Merryman." --Jonathan Swift.  My husband thinks they're really cool, too...

All of the gifts and crafts were so thoughtful and beautifully put together! Thanks so much, Samantha (Samsmartypants)!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
samsmartypants
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006 04:44:09 AM »

I'm glad you liked everything, bookishgrrl. And also thanks for sending me links to the pics you took of what you sent me since my camera is on the fritz.

Here are all my wonderful motivational goodies:

Everything together: A wonderful journal (The adventures of Sam Smart) plus scraps to make it pretty, motivational cards that I already have placed all over the house and on every mirror! A Nalgene bottle (PINK!) with its own drawstring bag in my fave colors- I've used it everyday!, healthy recipe cards, the yummiest smelling eucalyptus and peppermint body spray, and the coolest CD EVER.

The journal alone:

The mixed CD and body spray. If you've never heard of Afro Celt Sound System, please download them now! They kept me going on my 3 mile cross country run this weekend! Love it!

One of the many awesome cards.

I love everything so much! And so far EVERYTHING has been put to good use. Since getting my package I started my diet, began running, and have lost 3 pounds so far. Who knew this swap could be so successful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And you know that she's half crazy, but that's why you want to be there." ~Leonard Cohen~

www.myspace.com/samsmart
dexterchickk
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006 08:07:28 AM »

everything's goodies are so awsome!  I always think I should do yoga, if for nothing else than to be able to make a fashionable bag/mat set.  Grin

I got my package on Friday!  No pics yet b/c my digi batteries were dead but I will post this evening.  Primashonna sent me a journal with recipes and a workout/food journal spreadsheet.  So awsome because she gave me the file so I can personalize/print as many copies as possible!  She also gave me some FAN-TAS-TIC workout mixes.  Thank you!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samsmartypants
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006 09:56:53 AM »

I don't know if anybody else would be interested, but I just joined this site last monday and its seems to be helping motivate me, so I thought I'd pass it along. (I hope that's ok!) it's www.sparkpeople.com

It's sort of a forum for weight loss and exercise and so far everybody has been so nice. I even got my new fitness buddy into craftster.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/samsmart
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006 10:01:11 AM »

Thanks! I also found a cool online journal called fitday.com!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
primashonna

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep... he waits...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006 05:51:07 AM »

Ok.. I got my package from dexterchickk  last night and I got the COOLEST stuff!!!!!!  I'll post pics soon Smiley
I got this awesome bag with pinup sillouettes, a recipe book with some great recipes, a journal (with Gretchen Mol as Bette Paige and David Bowie on it!), a mix cd, magnets (scary food shrinky dinks), a wrist band watch, a jump rope ,a sheet of gold stars, and a skull tshirt!  All this stuff is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!! Pics soon Smiley
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006 05:53:00 AM by primashonna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-red
"we're talking to phil collins's people... but then again, aren't we all?" (hedwig and the angry inch)

"of course, the bob loblaw law blog... you, sir, are a mouthfull!" (arrested development)

www.shonnamceachern.com
offnlalaland54
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006 11:39:25 AM »

Awesome stuff ladies! Please remember to post pics, so we can show off what we made. Also, for those of you who have sent and your partner has posted pics, you guys have gotten updated feedback (I think that is four of you so far) so double check, and if I missed you, please let me know!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm ready to jump back into craftster, i'm up for any angeling, so let me know!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Diane Von Furstenberg Designs First Archive Collection
Samii’s Beach Fashion Haul
Style Council Nataliee’s Summer Beach Haul!
Under $20 Spring/Summer Finds
Style Council Ellie’s Top Beach Picks!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...