A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *~~~ a message from your friendly neighborhood pic hostess ~~~*  (Read 2937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kd
Ta Da, It's Miss America!

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 30, 2006 05:04:29 PM »

So.... I live way up here in the toolies and I patiently wait a few moments for my modem to dial and a smile appears on my face as my homepage... craftster.org... appears.  Grin

I bebop my way to hot topics...
5 minutes later I'm still waiting for the first pic to download.   Sad

I hit recent unread posts and scroll down the list..clicking cuz it sounds so cool and it has a tutorial too!
Wait...third pic half downloaded and I've timed out.   Undecided

or.....

I just found the perfect fabric and rush to do a search for "bowling bag".... saw it a few months ago and can't wait to make it. 
Darn it, they used photo bucket the image is no longer available.     Cry

WAYS TO HELP THE UPWASWDUAAATC (under privileged who are stuck with dial up and are addicted to craftster):

Pretty much every graphics program has a resize or resample tool.  Just click that good ol' help button at the top of the screen and search the index of your favorite image revamper.  Try....

MS Paint:
On the Image menu, click Stretch/Skew.
Under Stretch, type the percent to stretch your picture horizontally or vertically.

Download this resizer from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspxSave your image as a .jpeg not a bitmap.  Think of bitmap as that perfect guy with looks AND brains....  Bitmap essentially has a lot of background detail that makes it great for manipulating photos.   Jpegs are the hot guys that can't hold a job... total arm candy that "internets" well.

If you have an HP printer... image zone has a wonderful resizer under "edit", just select email and no worries!

So...please people... remember us hicks up here in the backwoods that are stuck with dial up when you post your pics on craftster!   Roll Eyes  A fairly large, good quality pic shouldn't have to be more than 50 kb.
If anyone has any other recommendations... please post!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006 05:08:21 PM by kd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no such thing as a stay-at-home mom.
cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006 05:20:40 PM »

There is also GIMP (www.gimp.org) which is an open source photo editting software (open source = free) that works just like photoshop, therefore you can crop, resize, play with colors, etc etc, and also choose your jpg compression.

If you have a lot of details and few colors in your picture (lets says a graphic or text that is only in black and white, no grays) you can save it in gif format for a higher quality and good compression(well technically it is not compression).

Also you can use the Crafter's picture hosting (on your right under "new replies to your post") which is always faster then most other picture hosting site like photobucket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tooth Fairy Pillow
How to Create Laminated Service Lists
How to Make Furry Inch Worms for Kids
How to Make a Baby-Proof Photo Ring
How to Make Handmade Dolls
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...