A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My First Circle Skirt or I Think I'm in Love **With Tut That Includes the Math**  (Read 1972 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

awfullykaleidoscopic

I <3 protesting.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2006 11:27:03 AM »

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/ramonaramona/CircleSkirt.jpg
This is a circle skirt I made yesterday out of some fabric I found in the linen closet.  I hope no one needed it.  I made the waistband out of an old Jimi Hendrix t-shirt that I already screwed up in an attempt to recon it.  I think I'll make it into a pillow, now.  And I am fully aware that there are little yellow dots and staind on my skirt.  I couldn't wait to wash it before I took the picture and made this thread.  And the hem is all joogled (which isn't a real word,) but I pretty much knew it was going to come out that way.  But I still love the swishy-ness of this skirt, the color I'm not too fond of.

And about the tut:
On my several pathetic attempts to make something wearable, I've searched for circle skirt tuts.  None of the ones I found seemed to detail exactly how you were supposed to convert your waist measurement to a quarter of a circle.  So yesterday when I decided I'd make one, I was worried about this.  Then I realized it was really quite easy to do the waist measurement-to quarter circle thing.  So I made this tut today.  On the tut, we're working off of a 32 inch waist measurement and an 18 inch long skirt.  If anything is unclear or you have any questions, e-mail me at llergictowonderbread@yahoo.com.  I have a snakeing suspicion that Photobucket is going to resize the picture, so e-mail me if you want me to e-mail it to you, also.
Anyway, now that I've droned on long enough, without further ado, here is the tut:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/ramonaramona/CircleSkirtTut.jpg
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010 10:57:54 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under the cities lies a heart made of ground, but the humans will give no love."
--"A Horse With No Name," America

sweet fancy moses

Jeff don't wear regular shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006 11:43:42 AM »

bravo!
you have inspired me to make one (even using the tedious math).
thank you bunches!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think vintage soup with extra noodles.
offnlalaland54
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006 02:50:38 PM »

oh i love it!! i just got a circle skirt in a swap and i love it!! great job, i hope i can make one someday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm ready to jump back into craftster, i'm up for any angeling, so let me know!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Keep Acrylic Paint from Drying Too Fast
How to Paint a Simple Background with Acrylic Paint
How to Paint with Acrylic Paint: Perspective
How to Paint a Mottled Background with Acrylic Paint
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh Talk Art and Basketball At Art Basel
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...