A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 306,426
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Backwards Swap -swap closed  (Read 19194 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2006 07:14:19 AM »

Swap name:  Backwards Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Craftydeb
Sign-up date range: ongoing
Date to send item by: 1 week upon somone claiming your item

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no no and no!

Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  all ages - but get parental permission first and make sure you can get to the post office quickly!

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

Details of swap:

The first Backwards Swap is here!
Do you have a box of things that you made and didnt really need to make them, just HAD to and have no one to give them to and you had no intention of keeping it yourself?
Did you make faaaaaar too many items for that craft show and would like to pass your hard work onto someone that will appreciate it?
Are you completely unable to stop making those scarves, pantas, painted boxes, amigurumis, handbags..
This is the swap for you!
Hopefully this will become an ongoing swap!

You will need pictures of your items, either posted here or hosted elsewhere but accessible.  You will need to have your loot ready to ship out.  You will need to have FINISHED ITEMS!
This is a backwards swap you will not be crafting specifically for someone you will be posting your crafted and currently homeless items.

Do not join this swap if you nothing finished...  If you are loving the idea of this swap get crafting and when you are ready with your stockpile of quality finished things, pm the organizer and get in on the game!

YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU PM ME AND I ADD YOU TO THE LIST!

Anyone watching this thread who thinks they might be interested in participating at a later time is very, VERY welcome the organizer, answering the swap questions now...and then you can participate whenever you want.  Please try to have a list prepared BEFORE you start swapping, it makes things much easier!  This could potentially be a fast paced swap!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Backwards Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
Have you been a Swap Angel (with proof in profile)?

VERY IMPORTANT: Remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

How This Swap Works
Please READ CAREFULLY! This is a completely backwards swap although it works just like the ongoing wish swap.(especially since this write up has nearly been 100% copied from that swap)

The first person puts a list together of all the things they have already made and would like to offer them out. YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS IN YOUR LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF FIVE.
Please have pictures of all your items if at all possible also a description of the item ie, one cotton paisley print purse 8x8 Your description should include what the item is made out of, what it is, finished size, etc so that everyone can get an idea of what they are getting.

Then people will read that list, and see if they see something they want. Someone replies to the thread and say I claim Suzie and I would like her knitted hat with the pink flower on it" When they reply, they will also say "This is my first request" or "this is my third request, but the first one has been recieved" They would PM Suzie to get her info to mail it.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!

Then it is your turn to post up the list of the things you have with either the pictures here or the pictures posted elsewhere but linked if you link from another site, please make sure that you do not need a password to view the items you have!

Then someone picks you and claims ONE of your creations...
Then they post their list, and so on.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 picks at one time, others are allowed 2.  If this is your first swap you will get one pick at a time.  Do not choose over your given limit.  Become a friend of craftster, go here http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.phphttp://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.

***Please remember the last person who posted their list is up for grabs*** none of the previous lists are available just the very last listing

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a few days/hours, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they have anything else, until someone decides to select an item from that person. So it might be a good idea to not post everything you have and also this gives you incentive to keep on crafting those things you have always wanted to make but just didnt have anyone to give it to!

Please only post things that are made to the best of your abilities.  Do not post things that just didnt work out  This is not a place to unload weewonkered scarves and cigar box purses with handles that dont stay on.  Also please dont be chintzy.    If you made hair scrunchies dont just list them all separately.  Think of what you would expect to receive.  You dont have to go overboard, but just be mindful of what you are offering out.  Most people would want a pair of potholders not just one however if it is an expensive item to have made, it is understandable- that is also what the description of your item is for.   Just be mindful of what you are offering and ask yourself is this just right and your conscious will tell you!  OH, and this is not a place to post things that you have received from other swappers in the past - think of how you would feel if someone was giving away something YOU made...

Sending/Communicating/Feedback
YOU HAVE ONE WEEK TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.  This is a fast moving swap so be prepared to go to the post office as soon as possible this will also help to keep you in the game So have your packaging products ready and just waiting for an address to send them to.

Sending overseas if you do not wish to send overseas for some reason, please list that as well so there is no confusion.  DC#s are required.  If you are sending overseas, please copy or photograph the receipt and send it to the moderator.

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want. One week past deadline you will have negative feedback, this is only temporary, it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not post here if you are unable to meet these conditions!

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
- Don't forget to get a DC NUMBER when shipping in your own country!  This will be recorded in your feedback and is VERY IMPORTANT.
- Please communicate when you send and recieve, or if you are going to be late.  Poor communication will be recorded in your feedback.
- PM me when sending, note the # of the wish you are sending, as well as if it is in or out of country, and your DC# if there is one.
-If you are sending out of country, include the Customs Number in your PM

Final note want to keep in the swap?  Keep crafting this is a free ticket for you to make things that you have wanted to make but have had absolutely no need to make at all.  The requirement is that it has to be finished already so get crafting for future rounds try and keep your list up to date and add to it when you can
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006 04:08:48 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006 11:01:29 AM »

Remember:
Friends of Craftster/Previous Angels with it noted in feedback - 3 picks out at a time
All others - 2 picks
First time swap - 1 pick at a time.

this means you can pick up to the amount of things you have going/coming up to that amount - you can pick/post again after something of yours has been received!
Soooo keep crafting!

One last little note - when you claim something - contact the person that will be sending and let her/him know where to send it to - I do have all the info but it does cut out the middleman and if you have any shipping questions they would be the one to ask - I know that some people prefer to use UPS instead of the postal service and whatnot - as long as it is okay with both parties, then it is good for me.  Just send me your shipping info when you have it!

Preapproved swappers:
*feedback left
#feedback/swap removed

3 picks/posts:
spirals420*
ptarmic wumpus*
kinkyknit*
craftydeb
hookin flamingo
simplyfussfree#
vampirategurrl08*
correctionwife
penguino#
jMi*
plucky1_08*
geetargeek#

2 picks/posts:
almostascone#
samsmartypants#
atsuko*
piratekittie#
the noodle princess*
padray#
Liebschien#
Avian Flight#
k8kre8s*

1 pick/post:
knittr*

Who is sending to who:

[color=blue]ptarmic wumpus - spirals420[/color]  hotdog...received!
spirals420 - vampirategurrl08  cool green hat...recieved!
vampirategurrl08 - craftydeb   black/red necklacereceived!
craftydeb - correctionwife   green monkeyreceived!
correctionwife - craftydeb   shell frame received!
craftydeb-atsuku  green monkeyreceived!
atsuku - knittr  -  frog earringsreceived!
knittr - vampirategurrl08 crochet bagreceived!
vampirategurrl08 - spirals420 beaded rosereceived!
spirals420 - noodle princess - brown capeletreceived!
noodle pincess - correctionwife  -turquise necklace setreceived!

correctionwife - hookinflamingo - baby things
hookinflamingo - kinkyknit - poodle soap dudereceived!

kinkyknit - noodleprincess green dressreceived!
noodlepincess - craftydeb - big dragonfliesreceived!
craftydeb - spirals420 - mushroom and critters
spirals420 -  jMi - hippy hat[/color]received!
jMi - hookin flamingo - cow bag received!

hookingflamingo - k8kre8s - yarn

k8kre8s - spirals 420 - bag - crafter's choice I thinkreceived!
spirals420 - vampiregirl08 - capeletreceived!
vampiregirl - hookingflamingo- stuffed kittyreceived!
hooking flamingo -  plucky1_08 - octopus
Received!

Don't forget to PM your organizer when you receive a package!!!
Don't forget your DC#s!!
[/color]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006 05:33:17 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006 11:20:52 AM »

Yay, someone please claim some of my stuff!

1. A giant hot dog pillow! Loosely stuffed (cuz it would be 50 lbs if I stuffed it tight), cotton hot dog, poly bun, and felt mustard. Cat not included (in fact, the cats have had limited access to this pillow, so it shouldn't be infested with allergens more than the rest of the stuff in my house). Several feet long:http://www.friendsofpr.com/nikki/8643b.jpg

2. Rain hat in faux snakeskin print rainwear fabric. A snug fit on my 22.5" circumference head.
http://decapod.home.silentsong.net/rain.html

3. Floppy brimmed silk dupioni hat, iridescent orangey-peach/brown lined with cotton, for a 22.5" circumference head.http://decapod.home.silentsong.net/3787.html

4. Black silk/rayon retro (20s/30s) vaguely cloche style hat, with nice buttons, again with the 22.5" circumference head, this time a looser fit.  http://decapod.home.silentsong.net/7980.html

5. Toxic possum faux fur hat, with earflaps, lined with poly something satin. I couldn't resist sewing it, but have never worn it. http://www.friendsofpr.com/nikki/8141a.jpg

6. Largeish (note lemon in photo for scale) bag in "furry fleece" or "fun fur" or whatever. Lined in black satin, zippered top, leather or pleathery strap. Add your own google eyes for a Dead Elmo bag, or do something weirder.
http://www.friendsofpr.com/nikki/8141l.jpg

Thats what I scoped out by opening the coat closet....haven't gone into the large craft closet or clothes closets yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006 12:48:12 PM »

i think i would like the hot dog pillow..it looks fabulous

wool, greens and black with greys striped crocheted beenie, relatively stretchy

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/23944green_and_black_beenie.jpg this sweet little hat has been TAKEN.. wooo hooo

brown fuzzy acrylic hooded capelet probably a large size--> taken
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/23944hood_up_2nd_capelet1.jpg

hemp/wool blend yarn crocheted into a summery hippie style hat... probably could be dyed another color if desired...

more pics
 really super soft beutiful blues and greens wool scarf ( i know its summer but you never know)

camoflague and black acrylic crocheted beenie..

there we go... my pick and my list!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006 12:41:46 PM by spirals420 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hookin Flamingo

What were you saying again?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006 02:38:24 PM »

I am going to send in my info and then get my goodies together while I am waiting to be approved.
Gotta go scour the craft room...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to make you a journal for a personal swap. PM me!
My wist: http://www.wists.com/hookinflamingo
My blog: http://thehappyhookinflamingo.blogspot.com/

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
Hookin Flamingo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006 03:29:23 PM »

I got approved and I got a bunch of stuff together....stuff I will never use and made out of being board to death  Cheesy
But, maybe it will be something some one here likes Lips sealed
I can't wait!!!!
Can I throw in a bonus if some one takes alot of this junk I mean crafty goodness? lol
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006 10:18:17 AM by Hookin Flamingo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006 12:27:18 PM »

ooh.. this swap looks nice. anyone interested in something made of duct tape? I have tons of purses lieing around.. maybe some wallets too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006 02:23:59 PM »

i would loooove duct tape stuff... i am not the best at making it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006 10:32:21 AM »

this sounds like a lot of fun... ill have to search around and see if i have enough stuff to jump in Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hookin Flamingo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006 05:40:31 PM »

Are we stalled already?
OH NO!!!!!
Spirals420 has some cool stuff, I wish I could wear the hats.... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap
The X-Files

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...