A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reno Anyone?  (Read 10002 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Mordoria
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007 12:14:53 PM »

Oh my gosh, this is just too funny.  I play wow, live on double r, have been looking for a reno craft mafia for months (even though I have no formal business), and also want very much to Roller Derby with the Demons.  I'm going to the practice tonight at 7, skateless though.  Too bad I'm moving away to Sacto in August.  Maybe I'll see ya there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msfitts13

"I myself am strange and unusual!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007 08:38:44 PM »

Ha ha!  See, all cool girls in Reno either craft or derby (or both!!!)!

Just FYI for you derby wannabes, just come on by!  We practice at the Downtown Rink on the River at 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 7pm on Sundays (although that may be changing with Art Town now upon us).  Or for more info, check out www.battlebornderby demons.com!  And yes, I was probably there, Miss Mordia...I go by the name Fitts N' Giggles.

Heather, I'll be posting on your craft mafia site so look for me!  I definitely want more info, etc.

Yippee!  Cyberspace Crafters from Reno Unite!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
www.msfitts13.etsy. com

And my Roller Derby team!
www.battlebornderby demons.com
basteldren
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007 10:41:59 PM »

I emailed you with pemission to post on the site.

I would love to have more of you if you are interested.  Also if you know anyone who might want in, please let them know. I am having a tough time. I don't want to invest money and time into a busted concept, so the more the merrier, and the happier I will be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ginamonster
Monsterlicious

hee hee.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007 02:32:25 PM »

I will be moving to Reno at the end of them month with every intention of staring up a Reno chapter of The Bad Girls of Craft. I would also like to get involved with the Reno Craft Mafia-Perhaps Mafia for the Die Hards and Bad Girls for the floaters?  Bad girls of Craft being a little less involved. I'm excited though, to be moving up there, and also plan to check out the derby team when i unpack my skates. I was skating with my local team until I sprained my ankle.

I Sew, knit, and spin mostly, but do a lot of other stuff as the inspiration hits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like making stuff. Rumor has it, I'm an elf. Like a Santa Elf, not one of those elegant LOTR types.  Mostly because I compulsively craft and partially because I have green shoes.
basteldren
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007 03:22:27 PM »

I hope you end up having better luck than I. It is almost impossible to find people here to do anything, and 90% of the people who I do find, pitter out almost immediately. I originally had 6-7 people interested in doing the Craft Mafia, so I put up a site for easier setting up of meetings and whatnot, and within one month, I'm back down to me and one other firm member, with the others not even returning my emails. It is very frustrating, especially since all the hard work I have put into it has been for naught. I hate doing a ton of work for nothing.

I would more than anything like to get together with people to craft just to have fun. Selling would be nice, but it seems to be a hopeless dream at this point. Much more of this, and I'm gonna give up!

*cry*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
basteldren
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007 03:54:38 PM »

YEARGH, sorry, just a bit annoyed there. Been trying so hard to make things work on my end.

If you posted on the blog, I signed you up for permission to post on the site, so watch your e-mail. I dont know if the email says it is from blogger or my E-mail. So watch out you dont accidentally delete it thinking it is spam. If you do, let me know, and I'll send it again.

I added some information on the site to maybe answer some preliminary questions as to my progress and needs, feel free to peruse.

Heather
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ginamonster
Monsterlicious

hee hee.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007 06:39:06 PM »

Having talked to the organizer and founder of the San Diego Bad Girls of Craft, I think this is a normal thing for groups to go through. You just need to keep with it and it will grow. It sounds like there are a lot of people interested, word of mouth will get around. I know I never would have found the Bad Girls if I hadn't tried roller derby.

also, she started a Yahoo Group for communicating and it really helped us all keep in touch. Plus we were able to visit each other's websites and stuff. Perhaps that might be helpful? BTW, I got the email, I'm set. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like making stuff. Rumor has it, I'm an elf. Like a Santa Elf, not one of those elegant LOTR types.  Mostly because I compulsively craft and partially because I have green shoes.
Neysa
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2007 07:50:04 PM »

I'm amazed to find people in Reno.  Tongue Usually the closest any one is to me is Las Vegas or some where in California.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Picasso
msfitts13

"I myself am strange and unusual!"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007 07:20:51 AM »

YEARGH, sorry, just a bit annoyed there. Been trying so hard to make things work on my end.

If you posted on the blog, I signed you up for permission to post on the site, so watch your e-mail. I dont know if the email says it is from blogger or my E-mail. So watch out you dont accidentally delete it thinking it is spam. If you do, let me know, and I'll send it again.

I added some information on the site to maybe answer some preliminary questions as to my progress and needs, feel free to peruse.

Heather

I think I deleted it!  Bad MsFitts13!!!  Sad

Please resend?  Thanks!

I too would be up for a "Hang Out and Craft shindig!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
www.msfitts13.etsy. com

And my Roller Derby team!
www.battlebornderby demons.com
basteldren
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2007 08:13:44 AM »

Allllright, Im resending it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shop These 4 NYE Dresses Right Now
Rent The Runway Takes On Fifth Avenue
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 2
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 1
The Coolest Crop Tops of 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...