A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,537
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reno Anyone?  (Read 10486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jennasaurus
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007 12:00:54 PM »

Hi!  I'm Jennifer in Reno.  I've been here a year and a half.  I'm 23, married, pregnant, and eating a popsicle.  I love anything crafty, but have kind of gotten lazy the past couple of months.  My favorite things are sewing, knitting, painting, and baking and candy making!

There is a Stitch and Bitch group in Reno, for those who do not know.  It is on Thursdays at 7pm at Bibo's Coffee on Mt. Rose St. between Plumas and Arlington.  You don't have to be into knitting to go, we like crocheting, too!  Kelly is the girl in charge and her email is stitchandbitchreno@yahoo.com if you are interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moonlights
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007 10:28:05 PM »

I'm from Reno, I've lived here all my life...I'm 17 and graduating this year.  I've yet to find any really crafty groups here =/  But it's nice to see some other Renoites around here...

I mostly sew/reconstruct things, and do some painting of garments as well.  I wish I could knit well, my mom taught me when I was 8 or 9, but I haven't made it past anything but a scarf yet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

em0tionalprayer

On a scale from 1 to awesome...I'm the ish!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007 07:08:28 PM »

I'm in Reno!!

I recently started knitting, and I am learning to crochet.  I don't have a lot of crafty friend so I'd love to meet new people to craft with and go thrift store shopping together!

I'm 21 (I've lived in Reno 10 years) and I live with my boyfriend Bobby and my cat Rafiki.  I love sewing and all kinds of crafts and I am addicted to World of Warcraft (I'm on Cenarius, name is Phiina or Haphapint in case you wanna know)

So a rundown of my fave crafts are:
Knitting
Learning to Crochet
Scrapbooking
Sewing
Making Jewelery
Web design (it's sorta crafty! :-p)
Random other crafts as well!

PM me and we can get to know eachother!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007 07:12:31 PM by em0tionalprayer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007 11:16:10 AM »

I've lived here all my life and I haven't heard of any crafting groups for anyone over the age of 10 or under the age of 50. I'd love to know of some.

I crochet cross-stitch and sew and I'm trying to get into polymer clay
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007 09:25:01 AM by tattooedcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
Angelheaded Hipster

in like a lizard, out like a lamb

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007 12:40:55 AM »

i'm moving to reno on sunday!!!  i can't wait!  i will only be there for about a week before i start my internship in the costume shop for the lake tahoe shakespeare festival, then i'll be back in august for school. 

crafts i do:
sew
knit
crochet
cardmaking (not very good at it yet)
other stuff, like maskmaking, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

more tequila. more love. more anything. more is better.
basteldren
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007 08:39:37 AM »

OMg, I have been looking for all you guys!!

I live in South Reno, and I am trying to get a Reno Chapter of the Craft Mafia going (started, actually), and it has been like pulling teeth!

I have had one, very small meeting happen already, just as a "get acquainted", but we could really use more. There is a blog site if any of you are interested, and I have been trying to get the already interested parties to give me an indication of when they want another meeting.

We have set-up to worry about, and dues, but we can't even get off the ground without atleast 5 solidly and consistently interested people.

If any of you guys and gals are bored and want to help get us off the ground, please comment over at the blog site (and leave an e-mail so I can make you an admin)!

renocraftmafia.blogspot.com

I hope that helps you guys out Smiley

Heather
THIS ROCKS   Logged
basteldren
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007 08:41:23 AM »

Oh, and Amygada, my husband and I both play WoW.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msfitts13

"I myself am strange and unusual!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007 12:46:23 PM »

OMg, I have been looking for all you guys!!

I live in South Reno, and I am trying to get a Reno Chapter of the Craft Mafia going (started, actually), and it has been like pulling teeth!

I have had one, very small meeting happen already, just as a "get acquainted", but we could really use more. There is a blog site if any of you are interested, and I have been trying to get the already interested parties to give me an indication of when they want another meeting.

We have set-up to worry about, and dues, but we can't even get off the ground without atleast 5 solidly and consistently interested people.

If any of you guys and gals are bored and want to help get us off the ground, please comment over at the blog site (and leave an e-mail so I can make you an admin)!

renocraftmafia.blogspot.com

I hope that helps you guys out Smiley

Heather

Heather!

I am in South Reno too (as in Damonte Ranch).  I'd love to come check your group out!  I stay at home with my two-year-old hellcat...I mean daughter.  I also do Roller Derby and local theater, but I'd love to meet some crafty folk!

When are your meeting times, etc.?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
www.msfitts13.etsy.com

And my Roller Derby team!
www.battlebornderbydemons.com
em0tionalprayer

On a scale from 1 to awesome...I'm the ish!

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007 03:58:01 PM »

That sounds like so much fun!  I would love to join! 

And to all the Wow players, what server is everyone on?  My bf and I play as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

basteldren
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007 01:46:44 AM »

I am on Khaz Modan Server.

Im in Double Diamond, and I'm trying hard to get another meeting set up, but I can't seem to get anyone to remember to read the blog for updates. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get one scheduled. Me and another person are desperately trying to get it off the ground, but we need relatively consistent attendance and serious people to do it, since it is definitely more "involved" than just a regular club.

Her and I have start-up fees taken care of, but there is no freaking way we are willing to front all the annual dues by ourselves, it is pricy for just 2 people. We are trying to set up positions so we can get the final paperwork and incidentals done (they have specific requirements). 

We are hoping to do craft fairs and such, and have occasional speakers and demonstrations at meetings. Maybe we can get some discounts out of them. I would like to get "Going Batty" to offer us a discount, since they are the closest fabric store. But right now, what we need is more interested members.

The other girl helping out is just beginning roller derby, odd coincidence! I would love to do it too, just haven't skated in years, except rollerblading in college. Maybe you can help me get back on my feet, I would so love to join!

Just go to renocraftmafia.blogspot.com and comment with your e-mail and ill let you post, and i'll delete your comment so not everyone has your info.

Heather
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select a Digital Camera for Beginners
How to Take High Fashion Photos
Underwater Digital Photography - Part 2/2
Underwater Digital Photography - Part 1/2
How to Work With a Soft Box
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...