A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pre-Moistened Facial Wipes - help making your own reusable ones?  (Read 745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vratch
« on: August 03, 2004 11:13:09 AM »

I really like using the disposable facial wipes but I always feel kind of wasteful when using them since you just throw them in the trash after. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to make some that would be re-usable say from thin cotton/muslin cut into squares and then kept in a plastic box and covered with liquid/cleaning stuff. I could save them, wash them and make another batch.

The problem is I'm not sure what to use as the liquid/cleansing stuff? It needs to remove makeup but not need rinsing off afterwards. Any suggestions?  I was also worried it might "go off".

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpielMitMir
Scary Mary

Where is my mind?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004 04:32:35 AM »

get makeup remover... like eye makeup remover but designed for all types of makeup and safe for lips and eyes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Our God is vengeful! O spiteful one, show me who to smite and they shall be smoten!!!"
Mellie
yeah. i'm crafty.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004 08:20:54 PM »

I have an idea- maybe you could buy the disposable facial wipes, and use them all. Save all of them and keep them in an airtight bag after using them all. When you want to use them again, pour a little bit of witch hazel or teatree oil (or whatever you use for a toner) on them. You could use them over and over again. It would kind of be like medicated cottonballs.. only they're not cotton balls.. This worked for me before. I bought a pack of Oxy acne wipe things but I didn't use them for a while so they got all dried out so I couldn't use them. I just squirted a little toner on them and they worked perfectly. Wait a minute.. I don't think I'm talking about what you're talking about.. Are you talking about the facial wipe things you use to actually wash your face with? Because I'm talking about the little pad thingies you use AFTER you wash for face. Um. I don't think I helped.. sorry. haha I tried..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"time you enjoy wasting was not wasted"-- John Lennon
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Addicted To Hair Weaves
Stylist To Stars Shares Hair Extension Secrets
Woman Spent $25,000 On Weave
3 Ways to Get Massive Hair Volume
An Effective Dandruff Shampoo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...