A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,913
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone in Italy?? Even Europe will probably help.  (Read 12769 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sushimifune

Life is a gift-horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2004 01:44:45 AM »

Oh, I learned english in USA -I've spent some weeks of vacation/study in Virginia  Wink ...But since here in Rome I don't have so many chances to practice, my english is becoming awful...
Anyway, how comes that a canadian girl lives in Fiano? What brought you there?Huh  Smiley
I have a site (www.sushimifune.com) but I'm not selling anything with stencils yet, because, I told you, I abandoned stenciling for a while -I was busy with the site building, and sewing... and my final thesis for university!-
Then two weeks ago my boyfriend was wearing a tshirt that I made -he received many compliments for that shirt, so many people stopped him on the street...- and he came into a shop that sells all kind of movie gadgets and merchandise. To make it short, the owner of the shop asked me to make shirts for him to sell. So now that I handed down all the papers to discuss my thesis and finish university (evviva!!!) I will undust my exacto knife and start stencilling again. I have very few things to show as my stencils. there's some in my album http://img54.photobucket.com/albums/v166/sushimifune/stencils/done/
but they're old stuff. And much of them are my friends or my boyfriend (4th pic) and the last one that you see is a Francesco Totti spray test (if you don't know who Francesco Totti is, you will learn it for sure, since you live in Fiano...).
I made so many stencils to share for free in the internet, and probably you can still find some stencil with "sushimifune" written on one side... I made tons of stencils and some of them were very beautiful but when I found out that someone started to use them for commercial purposes I felt betrayed, so I stopped sharing them. At first, it was quite a shock for me, now I'm accepting it and I think that I will start to share again, maybe creating a stencilling page in my site.
Oh, and I will post pics of my tshirts, when I have time.  Grin
Ciao!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sabrinabobina
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2004 03:07:09 AM »

Well,my my mom has always wanted to move back here(she's from palermo.My dad is from abruzzo).To make a long story short, she met someone,fell in love and moved here. She has been been here for over 5 years now.We are very close ,so it has been very difficult for me without her in Canada,so when i came to visit her this summer i desided to stay.So i am now waiting for my promesso di sogiorno, which i hear could take quite a long time. The thing is,when i was born my mom was still an italian citizen,which should make me an italian citizen also,so hopefully that should speed things up.  To tell you the truth i am not sure how long i am going   to stay. I don't want to leave my mom or disapoint her but i am pretty lonely here, and miss some aspects of my life in canada.I think a lot has to do with the fact that my italian sucks. :PEveryone tells me"piano ,piano, pazienza" and i am trying to be patient,but it has been 5 months and i am crawling the walls.But its all good, it gives me lots of time to craft,time i didnt have in canada. Wow,sorry about all that....anyhoooo.. I went and checked out your site.Wowza! Youre super talented! Your bags are awsome,the chopsticks are such a great idea! The stencils are fabulouos too.I am sorry to hear tht people were ripping off your ideas(those unimaginative bastards!heehee!) i think i would be pretty upset too.Have you tried to think of it as a compliment.If it wasnt great,they wouldnt be doing it....right?
so,the stencil with the red and white rays coming from the head was your boyfriend? cutie! And i love the picture of you on the beach knitting.It's nice to see I am not the only one who cant put down her needles.
thanks for writing back,
if you want to keep in touch my email is sabrinabobina@hotmail.com
 p.s. auguri! congradulatons on finishing your thesis!You  must feel a million times lighter.
Ciao for now,sabrina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonbait
Proving my Self worth through domesticity

Today was a total waste of eyeliner.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004 10:02:17 AM »

I've lived in Italy a while now, for five years in Rome, and I've never had a big problem finding crafty supplies. There are tons of little places for these things, especially sewing and yarn-y things. If you dont' know the name of something  or can't find it, there're always old ladies who'll help you when you try to pantomime  "crochet hook"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cake or death?
My kingdom for a slurpee.
Lili
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2004 11:45:17 AM »

oh wow. im glad i found this thread. im moving to Roma a month from now. im so glad to see that there are other crafty people around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nootka
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005 07:55:01 AM »

I go to italy every year, usually ceccano (outside frosinone) or partinico (outside parlermo) and i love the weekly outside markets they have!!  i buy tons of fabric, yarn and anything else i can grab my hands on.  i end up going from town to town, since each town has there own market day.  they're a great place to pick up craft items.

pina
www.livejournal.com/users/nootka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.
- David Lloyd George
ophelia
*OpHeLiA*

i <3 craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2005 12:43:58 AM »

Hello there! Wow I am so excited that I found this. I'm from the United States (Wisconsin, if anyone knows where that is..haha).  I'm currently studying fine arts here in the US, but I'm looking into moving to Italy to study Art History at an Art School.  I'm searching right now, but thought I'd just ask if anyone had any recommendations on english speaking schools in Italy focusing on the arts?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
deliolith
angelic fruitcake

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007 11:47:45 AM »

hello!
i'm a newbie, i'm from Torino (Italy of course) and very excited to be here as part of this awesome forum!
just wanted to say, i hope to meet many nice people here. Smiley
xoxox
Babs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

interested in doing private swaps worldwide, please PM. Smiley
Cannella
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007 02:52:56 AM »

haha this will be my very first post... I often read people's posts here, but never got to write my own... *shy*  Grin  Gotta love Craftster  Wink

Deliolith, I live in Torino as well  Cheesy  Yay! What are your favourite crafts?

Happy Easter everyone!  Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Box with a Lid
How to Fold a Paper Football
Christmas Origami - Folding a Dove
How to Fold an Origami Turkey
How to Fold an Origami Paper Tank
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...