A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone knitting the Tour?  (Read 938 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2006 02:50:29 PM »

Today's the first day of the Tour de France -- are others watching/knitting?

I cast this morning on for a sweater knit in the round... seemed appropriate. I think I can get it done in 23 days, but I'll have to work on it constantly. You?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
noidonthaveaninsidevoice
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006 08:22:11 PM »

you know i was sitting and watching the prologue and wondering if anyone was going to do one of these hmm i should start a new project when i am watching tomorrow morning hmm ill have to get on that   but great idea  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spacecase71
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006 06:36:12 AM »

I actually crocheted the prologue, last night on OLN channel. I do have several pairs of socks I intend to knit for Christmas presents; that would be a good Tour project. I'm not sure how much of it I'm actually going to get to watch on TV, though. (Baseball season  Wink) Still, I'd love to knit a long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ajoursteek
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006 11:40:56 AM »

Here the netherlands: I'm busy (and want to finish it during Le Grand Tour) with my Sand Shrug. You can see pic's on my blog if you like.
I have to be honoust: I like the game, but I also like the helicopterviews from France! And see the lovely towns and the crazy people beside the road.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spacecase71
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006 04:31:26 PM »

I like the game, but I also like the helicopterviews from France! And see the lovely towns and the crazy people beside the road.

I agree, this is my favorite part. This is my first Tour. We started watching because my husband recently became interested in bicycling. He was hoping to hear more about the bikes and equipment they use and the training they do, I think. I am enjoying seeing all the landscapes and places they are biking through.

During Stage 1, I worked on my sock

When I picked it up, I suddenly remembered this yarn color is called "Vineyard" which is appropriate for France, and the stripes with the white along the center remind me of the highway. So I guess this is a good Tour project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006 07:09:36 AM »

I have to agree, the views and the roadside crazies are most of why I watch. What the heck though, with the green hand run-in?!? That was a weird moment.

Spacecase, your sock looks fantastic! What kind of yarn is that?

My sweater is 9 inches long from the hem and I've got one more inch to go before a color change, so that's what I'm looking forward to. It's ALL stockinette in the round. It's been a long time since I did anything this mindless, but it's specifically what husband requested. Since it's the first sweater I've ever made for him and we've been married almost 7 years, I guess he deserves a little stockinette.

It's a bummer being back at work. I had a 4-day weekend and I miss having the Tour on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
spacecase71
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006 05:25:02 PM »

What the heck though, with the green hand run-in?!? That was a weird moment.

Weirder yet: They have banned the green hands from the last several yards of the race. I guess if the riders get cut by one in the middle of the race, it's okay?

And then Thor said the next day that he got cut by someone's camera. But he's the only one who said so. Wouldn't he know?

Spacecase, your sock looks fantastic! What kind of yarn is that?

Thanks! This is KnitPicks Simple Stripes. I was just on their website to make sure I had the name right and it looks like they don't have this color listed anymore. In fact, is says "Quantities Limited." I hope it is not being discontinued....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ajoursteek
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006 09:16:00 AM »

Finished socks during the Tour today. See the pics on my blog, if you like: http://knittingajour.blogspot.com.
One of my favourites Dekker, hit the ground and is in bed, his face was really hurt. And he's got a "hersenschudding" (that's dutch, sorry, I mean that his brains were shaked) Undecided. But he's watching the Tour again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spacecase71
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006 05:06:03 PM »

Holy cow; I got behind and I didn't even realize until today that Tom Boonen left the race on Tuesday. I can't believe it....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Message From Heidi Montag
James Franco and Michael Cunningham Talk About Youth
Meet Author Jeffery Deaver
Charles R. Smith Jr. Reads a Poem by Langston Hughes
Annie Leonard Talks About The Story of Stuff
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...