A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Craft Supply swap JULY  (Read 4619 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hookin Flamingo

What were you saying again?

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2006 10:18:22 AM »

WE will be starting over for this month....
If you want in just PM me and I will approve you to post.
If you still have claims out from last month I will list you here.
If you have used all of your claims from last month you must wait until one of your items has been recieved befor you can claim again.
It will work just like last month.

Swap name: Ongoing Craft Supply Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: hookin flamingo
Sign-up date range: ongoing
Date to send items by: one week (seven days!) after someone has claimed an item from your list.
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  no!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes!
All ages allowed? yes, as long as you have a ride to the post office and parental permission if you are under 16!
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: of course!

DETAILS OF SWAP:

This swap runs a lot like the ongoing book or fabric swap.  If you are unfamiliar with them, you might want to look at those thread to get an idea of what happens in this swap. 
Basically you will post a list (and hopefully pictures) of craft supplies that you are willing to part with.  You can do this as single items or in groups.  For example, you can put one fat quarter of material as a listing or an assortment of fabric scraps all as one listing together. 

HOW TO PLAY:

Step 1.  Send in your answers to the swap questionnaire to devilninny in a PM to get approved.  Make sure your answers include a list of at least five craft supplies or groups of supplies.  It is preferable that you have pictures to post, but if you don't please search for a link you can include to the item if possible.  If not, describe the item(s) including quantity, size, and color in as much detail as you can!

Step 2.  Watch the swap thread for something youll like to claim.  To claim, post a reply along the lines of I claim number 3 - bag of assorted stickers from devilninnys list.  Then send a PM to the person you chose from.  Let this person know what youve selected and provide him/her with your name and mailing address.

Step 3.  Now that youve made a claim, its your turn to post your list of supplies!  If the thread idles for a few days, please take the initiative to add more selections to your list!  When someone chooses from your list, you have ONE WEEK to get the swap package mailed to them!

Step 4.  If you have not maxed out on the number of claims you have been approved for, you may keep on claiming.  If you have reached your limit, you will not be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received a swap package from you.  Remember to edit your list after someone has been sent an item on it!

RULES:

1.  You may not participate in this swap until you have been pre-approved by the swap organizer.  Please wait until youre listed on the List of Approved Swappers before making a claim!  If youre watching this swap thread and thinking about participating, youre more than welcome to PM me to get pre-approved.  By doing so, youll be ready to make a claim when you see something you might want!  I will be checking PMs every evening, but it might take 24 hours for you to be approved, so think ahead!

2.  Please make sure you have your list (either links or pictures or very detailed listings) of supplies available when you start swapping!  You will need to have a minimum of five supplies or groups of supplies in your posts. 

3.  All participants must be willing to ship to international destinations.  Since you do not know who will be claiming from you, you do not have the option to opt out of international shipping!

4.  After a claim has been made, you have ONE WEEK to mail your package!  I will be listing when you need to mail by in this thread.  Please take holidays/vacations/weekends into consideration. 

5. Delivery Confirmation Numbers will be required for swap packages that are being sent within the United States.  I'm will be pretty firm about this rule!  If youre sending a package to another country, or if you dont reside in the United States, please save your receipts!  Remember to send the DCN info to your swap partner(s) and devilninny as soon as you send!

Shipping Tip For US Residents (courtesy of kategirl): The USPS requires that the package measures at least thick for a DCN.  If your package is too flat, it might be necessary to bulk up the package with a couple of plastic grocery bags to get the DCN!

6.  It is important to communicate with your partners and the organizer.  When you have received, you must inform your partner and the organizer!!  If you are late, you need to pm your partner and the swap organizer ASAP.  You are still responsible for sending out the swap package in a timely manner!  A blatant disregard for deadlines will result in a "sent late" comment in your swap profile.   

7.  Please consider what you are listing and what you are claiming.  Obviously, you should make sure your list is varied and worthy.  Small items like stickers and fabric scraps should be listed in a group as an assorted package.  I will discuss any concerns about your list with you when I receive your PM to be approved.

If you want to participate, send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Ongoing Craft Supply Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Have you read the rules for this swap and understood how this swap works?
Is this your first swap?
Do you have access to a digital camera/know how to post pictures in a thread?
Your list of at least five craft supplies:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE TO BE APPROVED FIRST.  DO NOT REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to consult the Swap Info Guide and Swap Etiquette to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

LIST OF APPROVED SWAPPERS:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006 08:24:28 PM by Hookin Flamingo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to make you a journal for a personal swap. PM me!
My wist: http://www.wists.com/hookinflamingo
My blog: http://thehappyhookinflamingo.blogspot.com/

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
Hookin Flamingo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006 10:24:10 AM »

This is thelist of people who still owe or need to recieve for June:

SHIPPED
RECIEVED
LATE
NO COMMUNICATION

For July
Catpant to Hookin Flamingo by July 15
Hookin Flamingo to Sugarducky by July 17
SugarDucky to Hookin Flamingo by July 22
Hookin Flamingo to Missamorphosis by 7-28
Missamorphosis to heroinichic by 7-29
heroinechic sends to d by 7-31
plucky1_08 to d by 7-31
d sends to plucky1_08  by 7-31
d to Herionchic by 8-1
Heroinchic to Missamorphosis by 8-2

Boo to SugarDucky by July 19
Sugarducky to Boo by July 19

Boo to SugarDucky by 7-22

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM ME WHEN YOU SEND AND RECEIVE!!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006 08:21:08 AM by Hookin Flamingo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006 04:02:17 PM »

well, since i picked last in the previous round, here's my list.

i can send:

1) a 4x6 linoleum block (speedball brand)
2) an assortment of vintage buttons
3) jewelry findings/assorted glass beads
4) 1 skein of very pretty black and gold ribbon yarn (a few feet have been used, but it is almost a full skein)
5) bag of 1" pinbacks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hookin Flamingo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006 04:03:49 PM »

Thanks for posting that...my computer has been a pain in the butt today so I have not been able to get to it to copy it over here yet. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006 06:50:42 AM »

i want to join up and claim catpants so badly but i'm going out of the country very soon and can't join any swaps until i get back (or at least get there and get an address and find some frenchies to swap with).  Lame. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006 07:53:10 AM »

Are your pinbacks like this catpants - http://www.alacarteartstamps.com/images/pinbacks.jpg - stick on ones?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006 11:39:19 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
catpants

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006 12:36:55 PM »

no, they're just the regular kind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006 06:52:57 PM »

hey girls, i just wanted to let you know that i have heard from everyone from round 1 and everything is shipped!  please still let me know when you receive as i am starting feedback tonite.  if there are any issues let me know! 

on to your regular scheduled swapping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

d
princesshammerhead

Treat people how you like to be treated!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006 07:04:35 PM »

I have recieved both items I claimed. Thanx so much girls. Cool d
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If only closed minds came with closed mouths!

If the world is getting smaller, why do postage rates keep going up?

http://princesshammerhead.blogspot.com/

Personal swap anyone?
catpants

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006 10:39:07 PM »

it looks like i stalled the swap.  Undecided  i'm reposting my list so it's at the end of the thread and i've added something.

1) a 4x6 linoleum block (speedball brand)
2) an assortment of vintage buttons
3) jewelry findings/assorted glass beads
4) 1 skein of very pretty black and gold ribbon yarn (a few feet have been used, but it is almost a full skein)
5) bag of 1" pinbacks
6) assortment of wooden beads
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plating your Home Style Meatloaf
Finishing your Meatloaf Gravy
How to Finish the Whipped Potatoes
Beginning Meatloaf Gravy
Cutting and Cooking Whipped Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...