A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,198
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flavored Iced Tea recipe (EDIT 7/2/06)  (Read 872 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezzyloo
« on: June 30, 2006 05:30:37 PM »

While dining at Davis Kidd's bistro, I got the inspiration to use flavored Bigelow teas for iced tea.
I love cinnamon, so my first venture has been Cinnamon Stick tea, but there are tons of other flavors that I think would be awesome tea flavors.

(EDIT: Pitcher should be 2-quarts)

Here are some other flavors I noted:
raspberry royale
french vanilla
vanilla hazelnut
vanilla almond
vanilla caramel
cherry vanilla
orange & spice
perfect peach
cranberry apple
pomegranate pizzazz
peppermint
blueberry harvest (must try that one for my dad; huge blueberry fan, that one Cheesy)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006 09:19:58 AM by jezzyloo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dishwasher182
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006 11:02:27 AM »

mmm what good ideas Smiley I've been on a tea kick lately.. i've mostly been making the iced green tea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShiningStar
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006 01:50:05 PM »

Thanks,
These are some great ideas Smiley!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
forknspoon
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006 03:14:34 PM »

Adding different fruit juices to flavored teas is yummy as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://whammyindustries.com
Custom buttons and magnets, crafty and cooking zines, and other awesome stuff galore!
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

Get up, dress up, show up, and don't give up.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006 05:12:09 PM »

growing up we had a fresh mint plant next to the carport and mom would throw a few sprigs in with the tea bags to steap. mmm you can leave them in there or you can fish them out pretty easy with a fork if you leave the leaves whole.

also something i already shared on another thread is i make fruit salad and when it's gone (usually only a day or two  Tongue ) i freeze the left over juice in a cube tray and use those in my tea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezzyloo
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006 01:37:36 PM »

also something i already shared on another thread is i make fruit salad and when it's gone (usually only a day or two  Tongue ) i freeze the left over juice in a cube tray and use those in my tea.

ohhhh YUUUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006 09:28:04 PM »

Is the Bigelow tea herbal?  And if so, does it taste like it's flavor?  I have only tried lipton herbals and they just taste like hot watery leaves to me, never the flavor they claim.  Though they do smell good. 

I like the idea of fruit salad juice cubes (I bet you could do it with fruit in, too).  Would be great in the regular black iced tea I like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits.blogspot.com
jezzyloo
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006 09:46:22 PM »

Today I picked up a box of blueberry flavored tea bags. It wasn't bigelow, but it was called "celestial" something. I used two of those bags with 3 of the black tea bags, and I was blown away by how good it is. Actually, just tasting the blueberry bags when I pulled them out after steeping, I was already in love with the tea.

Some of the Bigelow tea is herbal, but some isn't. It usually says on the box if it's herbal.

Kind of off-topic: In this month's Cosmopolitan, they recommend hanging a few herbal tea bags (like cammomile...i know i botched the spelling) over the faucet when running a hot bath. It's supposed to be uber-relaxing, and I would imagine so... it makes me want to run out and get herbal tea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cody
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006 01:38:18 PM »

My dad swears by cheese cloth for making tea. You can throw just about anything in the cheesecloth--we do mint and tea leaves from our garden. I'm sure you could try lots of other things in there too, to get different flavors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Cartoon Limbs
How to Draw Detail on a Cartoon Character
How to Draw Movement on a Cartoon Character
Blackest Night Video Interview
The Art of Henna
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...