A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 311,382
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: JULY 2006 Birthday Month Swap(SIGN-UPS CLOSED)  (Read 14048 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 30, 2006 04:42:49 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO IN.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

This is my first swap as an organizer so feel free to thump me in the head if I miss anything or anything needs to be corrected!

Swap name: July 2006 Birthday Month Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: alwaysinmyroom (organizers change every month)
Sign-up date range: 7/01/06-7/31/06
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? yes!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages!
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in July, then you can post your wishlist for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once I PM you and let you know you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  The more you think of, the better.   The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what your birthday is.
    * Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in July for you to craft for someone.   If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for,what item, and I will send you their address.
    * If you chose to craft for someone, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
    * Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH- if you get chosen, you must send the person who crafted for you a thank you note in the mail.  You will get negative feedback if you do not send a thank you note (it can be a postcard even).  I think this is a fair trade for all the crafty goodness you'll be getting!
    * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  When you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  When you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off your thank you note (no DC# required, you're on your honor!).
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
    * Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  Please state at the beginning where you are so that we can respect this valid concern.
    *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see that you have been chosen and what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

Original idea thread and discussion located here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68058.0
If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can post on the link above, or send me a PM with "Birthday Swap July" in the subject line.

If you want to POST A LIST (YOUR B'DAY IS IN JULY), information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP- JULY
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Your Birthday

If you want to SEND TO A CRAFTSTER BIRTHDAY, information to send to organizer:

If you are already a July birthday baby, you do not need to send me this info below again.  Just send me who you want to craft for.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP- JULY
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Who and what do you want to send to?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006 03:01:09 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006 05:04:05 PM »

ALL DONE FOLKS GIVEN POSITIVE FEEDBACK

blue=non-July Birthday swapper

animegirlie
      ashestoashes
      babybubba                       NEWBIE
      bittenkitten                 NEWBIE                   
      catpants--thanks for being an angel for motoredxheart She received and is sending a thank you card!! YAY!
      chloez
      cinderly
      craftinmyassoff
      craftydeb
      crystalfairy 
      ctgirl
      danfreek22
      eowynmn
      hertrigger
      hoxierice
      inle_rah
      jaami 
      jesintexas
      kiki_eks
      koi
      kristieb

leeska
      lisiepeasie      
      mickele                          NEWBIE
      mishmish
      motoredxheart
      ooak_diva
      penguino
      pikabean
      pinkangel1979
      shewilldieyoung.
      silverwing
      starsview 
      tinxer377
      tinted  
      the littlest ninja
      veludo
      witchybelle4u2

Temprorarily given NEGATIVE pending communication--contact me to have this changed

lambsear               NEWBIE     
      purpleheather

NEGATIVE FOR FLAKING 
      lovesuicide            

Who is crafting for whom, deadlines, status, etc:

COMPLETED SWAPS--EXCELLENT JOB!!!!
      • motoredxheart is sending penguino a birthday surprise--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • leeska is sending pinkangel1979 her wish for a domino pendant necklace--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • pikabean is sending an apron to chloez--SENT/RECEIVED--thankyou card RECEIVED
      • ooak_diva is sending kewl motorcycle fabric to craftinmyassoff--SENT/RECEIVED-- thank you card RECEIVED
      • hertrigger is sending a wedding journal to chloez--SENT/RECEIVED-- thank you card RECEIVED
      • kiki_eks is sending catpants a quilt block for her collection!--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • penguino is sending ashestoashes stitchmarkers--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • penguino is sending animegirlie something from her wist!--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • jesintexas is sending koi Secondtime Cool from her wist!--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • ashestoashes is sending ctgirl a mixed CD and some notecards!!-- SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • the littlest ninja is sending animegirlie some little crochet flowers!-- SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • ctgirlg is sending catpants a quilt square for the craftster quilt she is making!!-SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • mishmish is sending ctgirl a traveling sewing kit--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • ctgirl is sending tinted some fabric supplies--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • ctgirl is sending danfreek2 some sushi fabric --SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • hoxierice is sending mickele a sewing kit --SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • crystalfairy is sending animegirliei Hello Kitty stuff (cute cute!!) and surprise "stuff"--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • jesintexas is sending hoxierice acid dyes--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • pinkangel1979 is sending craftydeb a surprise--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • ashestoashes is sending bittenkitten a surprise --SENT(assumed RECEIVED)--special circumstances
      • leeska is sending babybubba a poptop belt (how fun!)--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • inle_rah is sending purpleheather some fingerless gloves--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card RECEIVED
      • shewilldieyoung is sending tinxer377 a bagchanged to a surprise--SENT/ RECEIVED-thank you card RECEIVED
      • starsview is sending leeska a family paint by number kit!!-- --thank you card RECEIVED
      • chloez is sending jaami a sea-prise----thank you card RECEIVED
      • shewilldieyoung is sending leeska monogrammed notecards with fun envelopes----thank you card RECEIVED
      • witcheybell4u2 is sending something Halloween related to motoredxheart----thank you card SENT
      • motoredxheart is sending L a mixed CD----thank you card SENT/assumed RECEIVED
      • alwaysinmyroom is sending lisiepeasie Sublime Stitching patterns----thank you card RECEIVED
      • bittenkitten(batfishgurl) is sending ooak_diva a surprise----thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • motoredxheart is designing a logo for hoxierice ----thank you card SENT
      • cinderly is sending crystalfairy a messenger bag -- --thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • ooak_diva is sending kristieb a surprise----thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • alwaysinmyroom is sending starsview something from her wistlist----thank you card SENT/RECEIVED
      • tinted is making kriestieb some blue placemats----thank you card SENT/RECEIVED

WAITING FOR THANK YOU CARDS

• lambsear is making craftingmyassoff a happy hat!!--- thank you card SENT--no answer from lambsear to know if card was received
      • silverwing is making lambsear a tote--thank you card SENT--not yet received and no communication from lambsear
      • alwaysinmyroom is sending eowynmn a surprise--SENT/RECEIVED--thank you card needed--waiting on response from eowynmn
      • jaami is sending purpleheather a zippered pouch--SENT--INTERNATIONA DELAY?--no communication from purpleheather on receipt

[Here is the GALLERY to post your birthday goodies and to "ooohh" and "aahhh" over the awesome craftster talent!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105599.0[/list][/list][/list]
      « Last Edit: September 16, 2006 07:21:35 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006 09:47:45 AM »

Sewn/Modified/decorated

A needle roll, I just got one and I love it! But I need another one. Or some sort of roll/organization thing for related knitting stuff, stitch markers, cable needles, small scissors, yarn needles.

Skirt, wrap, circle flared, it is HOT in Arizona!

A sewn purse/bag with a shoulder handle.

A stenciled tee, something neat or that says something like "done is good"

A large grocery tote

Jewelry
      I know absolutely nothing about jewelry, but I have seen a lot of fun stuff here and I would LOVE it!

Resin bracelet or jewelry. Resin fascinates me. I like this with the addition of beads and tiny confetti,

Polymer clay jewelry, this seems incredibly hard to me  but a cuff?  simpler would be fine with me.

microslide or any other type of nifty pendant jewelry

I have been looking on and off for years for a amber (or not amber, but similar in color) heart pendant on a string or chain

Paper

A swap journal
      Or a blank journal I would probably use for craft ideas or notes on books I own/want/checked out from the library

Handmade/decorated notecards

If someone is EXTRA specially creative and could make me a cool portfolio to fit 22 by 17 or 17 by 14 portfolio pages  click to see pages. I would be super happy, send you the pages if you need them, and somehow repay you for time/shipping/thank you! I have yet to make it into the 21st century (on my way!) so I don't do a powerpoint portfolio yet, but the black leather portfolios are so boring and everyone has them!

Miscellany/Supplies

Design/make me a banner for my etsy shop (that I haven't set up yet) Thank you so much motoredxheart!

If someone has a knitting machine and could knit me a long loose gauge scarf of sportweight or lighter wool so I could do some knitted shibori felting.

You don't know what someone has until you ask right?

Acid dyes http://www.prochemical.com/catalog/washfast.htm Thanks jesintexas! Smiley

Discharge paste for silk http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1574-AA.shtml

Sodium Alginate Thickener Low viscosity, high solids for silk http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2008-AA.shtml

A surprise! If you think I would like something cool, if you really love doing a specific project and need to off load them on someone cool.

Happy birthday! I had a hard time with the list, I have always been the one who never wants anything. I turn 26 on July 15th! I live in the US, school in Tucson, but I consider myself an Oregonian, that is to say I miss green things, trees and grass, rivers, the fresh smell of nature and yes rain and overcast skies! I am in the summer before my 3rd and final year of graduate school. I study theater, specifically costume technology, patterning and sewing, NOT designing. So of course I don't sew for myself! I also knit, can crochet and have started getting into different dyeing techniques That is it I guess. Happy Birthday all, I hope everyone gets some great birthday wishes!
      « Last Edit: July 22, 2006 05:56:28 PM by hoxierice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
      Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
      « Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006 02:15:41 PM »

Hi!  Im Deb.  My birthday is July 22nd - I will be a whopping 38.  Gee.  Did I just admit that?   I am a stay at home mom of 2 little boys my oldest starts Kindergarten in August.  He is getting soooo big!  I live in Huntsville, AL we moved here last September.  It is really really hot here.  That is all I can say right now.  I fear the day our ac ever kicks it!  I thought it would be difficult for me to come up with a list of at least 6 things.. but now that I got going I am finding out that there is more out there that I would love to have!  Also I am a crochet designer - and beginning to get published.  I freelance for a great yarn company who loves my style.  They keep me pretty busy to say the least!

Here is my updated wish list I am getting low on the picking order so I updated it.  Hopefully it will help out...

Anything off of my wists..or to get ideas of things/styles I like
          www.wists.com/craftydeb

Stuff for my kids:
      1    a pair of overnight duffles/big bags, whatever for my boys for when they go to grandmas. One loves dinosaurs and the other loves trains and spaceships.  They have to be really machine washable my inlaws house is very musty so I wash everything before I let it into the house!  They like realistic things, not cartoony.

2      Fabric Dinosaur and spaceship or train pillows machine washable please!  My kids love realistic things.

3      2 oversized washable placemats for my kids to put on the table when they are coloring/using markers.  Something I can wipe down with a wet cloth. Maybe like 3x the size of a regular placemat?  I dont know.  They are messy.  Or maybe a clear table cloth with some cool kids designs somehow attached to the back?  I dont' know.  All I do know is that they are dang messy...

Dog stuff
      I have a few things on my wists list to look at but here is a rundown..dog beds.  I can actually use a few - a snuggly thing with raised edges for the couch - a toybox that is low to the ground so he can "shop for toys"

Crafty and Crochet stuff...

1    handmade wood crochet hooks.  I have oodles of hooks but none handmade.  I think it would be cool to have some wooden ones.  I dont have anything but the regular stuff. I  have a friend that swears by bamboo. Dont ask me though. I got the cheap stuff!  I use my H the most I would say...so if

2     a removabale cover for a notebook for when I design.  I would love to have one that has pockets for a small pair of scissors or maybe have one of those yarn pendants attached to it?  I am always loosing my scissors and also a pocket for a tape measure and a pen and a few spots for hooks like 3 hook spots?  I work mostly work with regular sized hooks but sometimes need to use the bigguns like the ns and ps and whatnot.  I use the half sheet sized spiral notebooks for doing all my design work.  It would be cool to have something that held everything I needed.  A small hook case would be great too one that holds a few hooks and a tape measure, a pen and scissors.  Doesnt need to be zipped.  Surprise me.

3    graphite non wax tracing paper for woodburning... and more tips for my tool! I got my woodburner(happy birthday to me... don't burn down a tree...) from Michaels and would love the combo pack of extra tips.  This is a new crafty venture of mine - I used to be very good at it when I was young but this will all be new to me -

Please no yarn!  I am probably one of the few crocheters that beg for no yarn.  You have no idea how much I have.  Let's just say I donate blankets at the holidays for stash reduction...

Things for me..

1    kanzashi - small ones for my hair - nothing too bright.  Maybe a few for decorating things.. I would love to use some in some kind of wall hanging or in a shadowbox

2     yard art.  Is that funny?  No wooden fat ladies bending over.  If you send it though, I will use it... okay, my mother gave me this creepy flag(I don't do flags) of some girl wearing a pink dress holding a watering can. That is still in my garage. If you would like it, I will be happy to send it...  I really need to freecycle that thing out of my garage.  I am sure somebody out there will love and cherish that thing...okay, maybe not..  I love natural things - creatures and whatnot.  I would love a gnome.  I only have this tiny tiny gnome from Walmart - equivalant to a dollar store gnome - so he isn't looking too hot.  He is riding a turtle next to the toad abode.

3     tshirts - I love tshirts - I would love shirts with embroidery on them.  I like flowers, poodles(but I am not too fond of the Sublime Stitch one - a little too girly for me even though it is cute), koi(I'll buy and scan the book from the library with the koi needlework if you will make it...) trees.. nature.. Okay, I am easy to figure out.  I would be happy with embroidered whatever... but not all over the shirt. I have one that is just around the neckline(it is a buttondown that one is) and it is sooo adorable.  Love it.  I am amazed at embroidery - and sewing.  If it involves needles, I am perplexed by it.  Just can't grasp the whole thing..

4     placemats  - I would love some fabric placemats - and maybe even cloth napkins.  My table seats 8 but I would take 4 in a pinch but would love 8 eventually.

5     quilted wall art.  If you make it, I will hang it.

6     fabric bowls/boxes. These amaze me.

7    stained glass stuff.  If yo make it, I will hang it!  I don't know why I don't have any stained glass things - butterflies, fairies, birds, it's all good.  I am nearly desperate enough to buy those ones that you make in the oven. ha ha ha.  no seriously.  I can't wait for the kids to be old enough to do that!

Surprise me. Just surprise me.  Stalk me.  I am a pretty  easy person.  I crochet .. I machine knit .. so those things I can do myself.  I love to be amazed!  I am awe struck by embroidery.  I can't do it to save myself.  If you embroider on a tshirt... love love love.  I am wearing a shirt right now that a Craftster made for me...so I do use what is sent to me!(okay, I have only been given one shirt for me - so if you are out there, you know I am actually wearing it!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2006 06:56:56 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
      CraftyDeb website
      CraftyDeb Designs etsy
      tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
      ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006 02:18:21 PM »

Hello to all July Birthdays! Go Cancers/Leos.

A little about moi:
      I am turning 28 on July 23rd. I work in the contemporary arts putting together exhibitions, it's lots of fun. I have a wonderful cat who has no teeth and is diabetic. I recently got engaged but I'm not getting married till October 2007. Those are the random bits of information, here's the relevant stuff:

I live in Boston. I love swaps but am relatively new to them. I like a wide range of things, currently I am very into 1950's kitsch, retro patterns, sea creatures, forest animals, pirate stuff in a kitsh retro way, birds (owls!). I like graphic designs, meaning simple and clean though I appreciate a little sparkle or a well placed rhinestone. Really I'm pretty easy when it comes to receiving something someone else has made. I don't like neon colors or tie-dye or red white and blue but the rest is fair game. I'm vegan so no leather please but wool and silk are okay by me. I knit, sew and am learning how to embroider. You can get a feel for what I like by looking at my wist ( www.wists.com/ChloeZ ). Thank you thank you for thinking of me.

Here's my list  Kiss  (in no particular order)

- a fun tee-shirt or hoodie, ooh or a long sleeved tee shirt for when it's kinda cold but not really. I'm usually an adult small (if something's super junior a medium is good). I love silkscreening, stenciling and embroidery.

- earings. I recently re-pierced my ears after about 10 years of dormancy and am loving it. These are really cute: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=66819.0. I like dangly, studs, hoops. Nothing too long or outrageous, I'm still getting used to them.

- handspun yarn. delectable and wonderful to knit with.

- a rockin' goofy pin cusion. food themed would be great! Or something just because (some I like are on my wist)

- any kind of amiguri animal!! I would love to know how to crochet and these are always sooo cuuute. I like goofy animals (like snails, or squid, or bugs, or something not so cuddly).

- a fun simple key chain (I lost my keys with the old cool one on it). Something small but special. sparkles? my name? a little animal?

- an ipod cozy that has windows in it (so that it can be used while all cozied up.) I have 30G video

- any unwanted/left-over yarn/ fabric!! scraps of *oilcloth* would be awesome. fabric for lining bags or doing details would be great. I like retro simple stuff no cutesy cutesy words or neon colors. historical patterns are great too.

- a 50's housewife apron would be amazing! Either below the waist or all the way up. Maybe like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94779.0
      or this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94779.0
      Thank you soooo much Pikabean, you've made my day and my birthday!

- a how-to resin kit, I'm dying to experiment but am a little intimidated. Something to get me started.

- a resin belt buckle like this with a cowboy theme or like the one with birds: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=93700.0

- a knit hat, like the fish and worm on here:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=93827.0
      or a simple cabled one for the upcoming winter in a dark color. I know it's a long way off, but still. Or simple fingerless gloves/armwarmers!

- a tea cozy -- I love love love tea. Must have irony though. Knit/crochet or sewn would be neat-o. With some loose-leaf tea would be cool too. I love the ones that look like cupcakes or pie! Or something just pretty.

-a journal to keep wedding planning notes in. ack. or just something to carry around and write down random grocery lists etc. Thank you Hertrigger!! We're both in the midst of wedding stuff, this is very exciting. Thank you thank you thank you! This is going to be the best birthday every!

- hand-made soap! In a fun shape, how fun!

- a present for my Mom who is turning 61 on July 27, she would be tickled pink. She's a scientific illustrator who draws bugs, loves day of the dead type stuff and knitting obsessively. ( www.victoria-saxe.com )

- a Surprise!! I adore surprises
      « Last Edit: July 09, 2006 06:27:50 AM by ChloeZ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspot.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
      penguino
      « Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006 03:37:08 PM »

Hello, birthday month buddies.  I am a Leo.  My birthday is July 26th.

Here is my birthday wishlist:

-Anything inspired by my wists.
      http://www.wists.com/penguino

-Bracelet.  I love one with a lot of dangle beads or any pretty bracelet (my wrist is pretty small, 6 inches)

-Pretty glass beads

-Colorful roving for needle felting and making felted beads.

-Amigurumi.  I dont know how to crochet.  I love animal ones.

-Penguin stuff

-Stencil T-shirt with penguin or Katamari or Animal Crossing theme.  I wear adult small

-Handspun yarn.  It is yummy.  I love petting them at the LYS.

-Surprise.  I love surprise.  Thank you, motoredxheart. Smiley

About me:  My favorite color is purple, but I like most colors except neon or bright colors. I like penguin, owl, hello kitty, sushi, Japanese/Asian theme, sea creatures, seahorses, dragonflies, coffee, tea, video games, like Animal Crossing, Katamari.  And I don't wear any earring or necklace.
      I live in CA.  I work during the day and craft at night.  In my spare time I knit, surf the web, sew a little, polymer clay. 

Happy Birthday Smiley  Thank you for making my wish comes dream.
      « Last Edit: July 03, 2006 09:13:04 PM by penguino » THIS ROCKS   Logged

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006 07:58:48 PM »

yay, i'm turning 20!!  the things i would most love to receive would be clothing items or craft supplies, because i am suddenly faced with a few thousand dollars worth of veterinary bills and so i really won't be able to give in to these two vices.  however, i will gladly receive just about anything Smiley thank you in advance for crafting for me!

i'm in portland, oregon, usa.
      Sewing:

1. A sturdy messenger bag with an adjustable strap.  I need something I can use when I ride my bike.  Extra points if it has a cute animal appliqued on the flap Smiley
      2. A circle skirt.  Pretty please?
      3. Pajama pants
      5. Some sort of summery shirt/tank top. There are a few in my wists that I would love! Somewhat relatedly, a cute cardigan or hoodie (could be reconned, embroidered, whatever) to wear when it gets chilly!
      6. I'm copying Kristen81 and making a craftster quilt! Send me your quilt squares -- finished size 8" please. Smiley  woohoo! thanks kiki_eks and ctgirlg!!

Knit/crochet:

1. Amigurumi animal modeled after one of my pets (your pick of cat, dog, or chickens -- thanks dithmer for my amigurumi hamster and craftydeb for two of my kitties!)
      2. A sweater.  Ha.

Paper crafts:

1. Paper stars for me to hang in my room like these ones: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=83862.0;topicseen
      2. I can always use more notecards!  There are lots in my wists.

A DIY kit for any of the following:

1. screen-printing
      2. how to make my own cleaning suppllies (i'm looking for natural/non-toxic, cheap, and good-smelling)
      3. kanzashi flowers -- I know how to make a basic flower, but i'd love to learn different and more advanced techniques!

Other:

1. I love this crane necklace: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72997.msg686245;topicseen
      2. Any sort of etched glasses or painted tea cups, preferably with nature themes.
      3. A stenciled/silkscreened shirt (fitted please!) Things Ive been into lately: birds, cherry blossoms, cats, trees, nature themes, foxes, chickens.
      4. Anything for or about any of my pets pictures available upon request Smiley
      5. A prettified travel coffee mug for me to take to work in the mornings. My roommate borrowed my old one a few months ago, but it was pretty ugly anyway. Dishwasher safe please Smiley
      6. A fabric cover with a snap for my day planner. It would need to be sort of sturdy and have a pocket for me to slip the back cover of the planner into so it would fit. PM me for details on this one, but I would love you forever if you could make this for me!
      7. An earring holder.  I love earrings, and I have nowhere to keep them.  I prefer the picture frame kind with wire mesh; there's at least one in my wists that I adore!
      8. Craft books!  There are a few in my wists, but I'd love to take any of your unwanted craft books off your hands. Smiley
      9. Anything from my wists or based on my wists!
      10. A suprise!

Supplies:

1. Anything to help me organize all of my craft junk. This could be anything from a pretty jar to hold pencils/rulers/scissors to a decoupaged box to a nice big basket/tote for works in progress. Any organization would seriously help me!

2. Colorful roving for needle felting and felted beads! I just learned how to spin (with a drop spindle), so anything that could help with that would be wonderful! I make very, uh, interesting yarn so far. Cheesy  I'd also love any natural-colored wool yarn or roving, because I'm getting a wool dyeing kit from sharc!!

3. Fabric! I like all the hip new designers (Amy Butler, Michael Miller, Free Spirit), small cute flowers/plants, fruits and veggies, cute animals, 30s style prints... I could go on and on Smiley I try to remember to add things I like to my fabric wists, but I usually forget.  I'm not a big fan of pin-up girls, tattoo flash, etc.

4. I'm making a charm quilt with 4" squares of 30s style prints and would LOVE your small scraps to cut squares out of Smiley  PM me for pics of what sorts of fabrics I'm looking for.

About me: I'm a 19 year old (almost 20!) working college student in Portland, Oregon. Im studying to become a social worker (I think). Right now I do vocational support for adults with developmental disabilities, and I can honestly say it's the best job I've ever had. I love nature and animals; I have three cats, a dog, a hamster, two chickens, and some fish. I don't like super flashy things (neon, huge hawaiian flowers, lots of glitter, etc) and my favorite colors are green, red, and blue. I love vintage stuff -- some of my favorite fabrics are 30s style prints. I also like more modern patterns, like bold stripes and polka dots and there is a special place in my heart for super-cutesy cat prints.

Thank you to everyone who has already sent me wonderful handcrafted items in the mail, and thank YOU for reading my list! Smiley
      « Last Edit: July 13, 2006 01:58:23 PM by catpants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

koi

crochet is my thing!

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006 11:01:18 PM »

Hi! I live in  Italy I will be 30 yrs old on the 30th of July! Here's my list!

1. anything with dragonflies on it!
      2. anything from my wists list: www.wists.com/koi
      3. beads, I love chunky beads,  and jewellery supplies
      4. a surprise!

I'm a wife with no kids and two dogs, I work in a baby playground, and I have a lot of fun crafting with kids!

Colors you like are purple, salmon and lightcoral pink, firebrick,  aubergine, mustard yellow, aquamarine, turquoise, teal, chartreuse green, rosybrown and indianred. Also olive green, mohagany, wines.

Designs in particular I like natural - that is, designs from nature - I love dragonflies! Also mermaids, butterflies and flowers, corals, lotus flower. Japanese motifs, skulls and flowers, mexicana images, frida style. I also love ethnic stuff, fabric and motifs, I like sari fabric and Hindu jewellery, chandelier earrings...
      I'm bohemian, I like to mix different style together, I like crochet and felted stuff, loopy necklace, earrings and chunky glass beads bracelets, jeans, stencilled and decorated tees, and colorfull bags! I do wear lot of used and second hand clothes, I'd love some recon clothes to add to my wordrobe!
      My hobbies are (besides crafting of course) yoga, pets, reading, surfing the web, go shopping for thrift stores and markets, I love second hand stuff.
      I collect mugs, tin boxes, especially Chinese and funky colored boxes, I collect anything related to dragonflies( jewellery, boxes, shirt, fabric, beads, stencil, paper,  pins... anything), bags and shoes, beads, jewellery cases, bug pins, mexican style crosses, and dias de los muertos stuff, fabrics.
      « Last Edit: July 03, 2006 03:00:58 PM by koi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mickele
      Exclamation POINT!

Whoosh.

View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006 11:29:17 AM »

Hi there, folks, I'm a newblet to crafting, and my birthday just happens to be in july, on the 6th. I'm going to be 19! (My last teen, hooray!)

Here's my wishlist, of what I hope are really simple things. (If anything seems to big or complicated, tell me, and I'll switch it with something smaller.)

Sewing:

1. A small wallet, made with a cute print.
      2. A skirt or petticoat, hopefully not see-thru. LOL. I can pm measurements if they're needed.
      3. A purse. I really really like pfeffermint_ish's YakPak bag (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16741222.0). I also like messenger bags, and teeny purses that can only hold a few things, like a cell, wallet, and house keys.
      4. I would love a sewing kit. I'm still learning how to sew, and I need as much help as I can get learning how to use patterns, or sew purses and the such.

Crochet:

1. An amigurumi doll animal. I think they're the bee's knees!
      2. An amigurumi doll animal pattern, so I could learn how to make my own.

Other:

1. Kits for learning a new craft. I know how to sew and crochet, but I'm really open to learning new crafts, especially if they can be done in a dorm room! Thank you so muuuch Hoxierice!!!!
      2. Little notebooks I can carry around in my purse. I love writing.

Supplies:

1. Fabric! I love retro-ish prints, like bold stripes or polka-dots!. I also like fabrics printed with fruits, sushi, and cute things in general.
      2. Interfacing. I've never ever used it before, and I'd like to try using it.
      3. Velcro and snap-closures, because the purses I'm learning how to make need some way to close.

Finally:
      Surprise me! Anything I recieve for my brithday will be wonderful, and will make me totally happy. <3

About Me:
      I'm turning 19, and I live in nyc, but I go to university in central new york. I miss the skyscrapers, and the diversity of the city. I'm majoring in English (creative writing concentration), but I'm going to be a lawyer. I love to eat sushi and ice cream/popsicles, and my favorite animals are little birds and bunny rabbits, and mice. I don't like flashy things, like catpants, especially really shiny things. My favorite colors are blue and green, but I wear mostly pinks, whites and blacks.
      Edit - I have a Singer sewing machine, which I lug around between home and college, in case any one needs to know. lol
      « Last Edit: July 11, 2006 09:09:04 PM by Mickele » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog where I amuse myself.
      pinkangel1979
      « Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006 01:49:40 PM »

Hello and happy birthday fellow July babies!

Ribbon Belt- like this one:
      http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=75711.0 PM me for measurements

A Handmade journal- to write down/sketch my crafty ideas- there's one I like in my Wists

DIY beginners kit with instructions in any of the following:
      paper making, bath bombs/soap, knitting, crocheting, microsocope slide pendants.

Bag: would love one like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=88223.0 or there are lots in my Wists too.

Anything for my house- photo frames, candles, cushions/pillows (or cases).

Absolutely anything that's on my Wists- I'm always updating it.

Necklace with pendants like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=93589.0 Thank you!

I would really really love any small (5"x7" or 6"x4") art work- photos, watercolours, collage etc.  I'm making a mini art gallery in our downstairs bathroom to liven it up and I'd love to include some work from you guys.

A surprise

I'm in Suffolk in the UK.  I'm 27 on 12th July and live with my boyfriend in the countryside.  I work full time in IT and also study part time for an IT degree.  I love most colours except neons.  Like light blue with brown or light pink with brown for some reason.  Love the colours of peacock feathers and butterflies.  I can sew, bead and paper craft.  Have no idea how to knit or crochet. 
      « Last Edit: July 07, 2006 02:12:55 AM by pinkangel1979 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
      Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
        Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
      only results with images
      include swap threads
      advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
      Making Pad Thai
      How to Make Raita
      How to Use Fresh Ginger Root
      How to Cook Ma Po Tofu
      How to Make Salmon Tikka
      Latest Blog Articles
      @Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
      August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
      Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
      Become a
      Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
      Buy Craft Supplies
      Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
      Moderators

Follow Craftster...