A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 12!  (Read 31049 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mayerlove
« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2006 07:06:59 AM »

I've added themes to my list.  Smiley

themes are always good.  and as far as running out of items we'll want?!  never!  fall is coming so i'll need knitted warmies and i just found out what a purseket is!  i'll never be satisfied!

what's a purseket?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2006 07:17:36 AM »

what's a purseket?

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87639.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #332 on: July 29, 2006 08:34:50 AM »

Ok--I lived in Turkey for three years--I am sure I can come up with something for simplyfussfree from Istanbul, Turkey!!

This is my third claim, one has been received, one is almost out!

Hey there!  My name is Linda. I live in Pennsylvania, USA.

Here are the some of the things I would love to have from one of you awesome craftsters!  I want you to make whatever is your style and your thing.  I am just giving you general ideas to inspire you to be creative:

1.   I love hats or headband of any kind.  I know it is almost summer in the USA, so maybe a bandana style something or something with big holes would be best!  I prefer bright colors but neutrals like beige, white, etc. would be fine.  About the only color I do not like to wear is yellow yellowpale yellow is fine.

2.   I love the fingerless gloves/wristwarmers! Any color, any design. Cottony and lacey for summer would be fun!

3.   Stationery and note cards.  I am so sick of writing thank yous or simple notes on cards I get free from certain charities wanting money from meyou know the kind I want something funky, with personality, and originality to share with family and friends and to be remembered! I have tons of envelopes, so if you dont have any, dont worry! (devilninny is sending me some!)

4.   Earrings.  After seeing all of the neat beading stuff here, I want more! I wear gold or silver tone and I have a job that I can wear just about anythingmy long hair would cover anything too bad if it had to, ha ha thanks cotneyroo

5.   Pendant necklace. I received an awesome necklace in a swap and realized I loved them!  Anything from chokers to long dangly ones! I like the microscope slide ones but any kind would work.

6.   Any thing I could use for making bags.  A lot of swappers want stuff that I have no idea where to findI would like stenciled fabric, interesting fabric pieces, embroidered pieces, pins, handmade buttons, felt items and appliqus, just anything that would be cool on a bag. This would be my biggest wishI want to showcase other crafters art on my bags. Please, no more crochet stuffcraftydeb sent me enough to last a lifetime

7.   Needle roll for knitting needles.  I can sew but I am not fond of making such detailed things like this and I have no idea where to start (my brain is too full to concentrate on thisI am in purse mode!). I am relearning knitting so maybe this would help me get organized.

8.    Or, even a needle case for my quilting needlesthey are special!

9.   Anything from a foreign country such as fabrics, yarns, small notions, beads, etc. Things that we dont have here in the USA. Prefer crafting items or food!

10.   Felted beads to use however I want. Felting is magic to me. Maybe even a beginners felting kit so I can learn on my own!

11.   Felted soap!!

12.   Any garden doo-dadthings to hang on my fences, trees, stick in the ground.

13.   Decorative boxes or containers to hold all sorts of crafting junk! I received a few but I have way too much stuff!!

14.   DIY kitI want to learn how to stencil t-shirts like a pro craftster!!  Can I get a simple stencil and sample paint used, etc.?  I will provide my own shirtI just need some hand holding and supplies!!

15.   DIY KitI really know nothing about ATC cards.  Some supplies and basic info would be usefultoo lazy right now to research this, but a kit that would get me started might help!

16.   Anything you love to do or a surprise.  I love to collect odd crafted items and I really look more for creativity than how it is done (like you dont have to be a perfect embroider, just a unique one!).

16..  DIY kit for felting or making microscope pendants.

17. Knitted or crocheted potholders--mine are so ratty but I do not want to throw them out!! YAY! go cotneyroo

18.  Recycled craft.  I am in awe of stuff made from other stuffbottle caps, cassettes, etc. I want to do more crafts like this as wellinspire me!

About me:  I have lots of time on my handsI work in the computer industry.  I have three cats and a dog. I love kickboxing and yoga but I am busy now training for a mini marathon with my hubby UGH! I have a large garden, mostly flowers but we also grow stuff for salsa (our favorite snack). Red is my favorite color.  My main craft is sewing anything.  I love birds but not squirrels or deer .   I recycle everything. My style is casual/hippie and I prefer natural type thingsI am not into cutesy so no stuffed anything please, I have no room!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006 09:16:56 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cotneyroo
« Reply #333 on: July 29, 2006 08:48:31 AM »

I claim Ms. Sassypants, I mean alwaysinmyroom, for knitted potholders and earrings and probably one more thing! (I like it when she sasses me and I want to reward this behavior.)

All my claims but one have arrived at their new homes; the last is on its way.

Here's my list.

Sewn:
-a circular needle holder would be fantastic.  thanks knottydottie!!

-There's all kinds of bags and stuff in my wists-- link in signature.  If you pick this, I would love for you to put in a tiny pocket that's the right size for a MetroCard (almost exactly the same dimensions as a credit card). I am always fumbing for mine at the turnstiles.

-a fifties-style ruffly apron with a big pocket. I'd love a full apron rather than a half.

-an Amy Butler weekender bag (long shot, I know!)

-I need a better cover for my sewing machine. I can send you the measurements. I keep meaning to do this myself but it seems to be low-priority! I'd love this to be in a novelty print or in stripes.

Jewelry-type:
-a bracelet made of typewriter keys like this one (I would love you forever)  thank you icebyrd67! I really will!

-I could really really use a couple more of those plastic organizer boxes (the embroidery floss kind) for bead-holding purposes. They are starting to colonize other boxes in the craft closet. Not good.

-a postage stamp necklace, esp. one with an exotic-looking or Audrey Hepburn stamp.  I love the current (U.S.) national park ones too.

-I'm really into necklaces with pendants now. If this is a specialty of yours, I'd love one from you!  roxybadoxy sent me two lovely ones, but I can always use more.

Stencilled, transferred, screenprinted; things for the boy:

-a t-shirt (size men's L) for my better half, with a picture of Yertle the Turtle. He doesn't like bright colors.  This is my #1 wish at the moment. The boy deserves some craftster love too! 

-Many of the great variety of video-game related crafts floating around here would bring great joy to my household. We like to encourage his video game hobby because it helps him look favorably on my crafts obsessions.

Miscellaneous-type:

-handmade writing paper/stamped, stencilled, whatever. something pretty.  Pinkangel1979 made me a lovely set but I can always use more!

-a Sublime Stitching kit or two

-fabric-- a yard or more would be great!-- I prefer cotton prints, for the most part.

-Sulky stabilizer or another wash-off stabilizer for use in embroidery. Doesn't need to be a whole pack, if you've just got some extra. 

-another amigurumi. craftydeb made me a gorgeous one and now I am "hooked!" (sorry...) frog? sheep? elephant? lobster? kangaroo? Wink 

-handspun yarn, ideally 4 oz or so (enough to knit a hat)

-handmade soap (please no glycerin or melt & pour). I am told this will spoil me forever. Spoil away!

-I have a maybe-unhealthy love for Mo Willems's DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS. redpopsicles made me a great shirt with the back cover image on it, but I'd love some more pigeon-y goodness. maybe a totebag? Or a fabric or felt stuffie, if you're good at making those? I can try to scan a page and send to you if you need pics.   thanks, Kristen81! I promise to give the pigeon a good home.

-a surprise based on my likes/themes, below.

-a surprise from my wists (in signature line)

About me: I'm 29 and live in NYC.  I, like most New Yorkers, wear lots of black, but I love bags with lots of personality. My favorite colors are blue, purple, green, chocolate brown, and daffodil yellow, but I like most any color as long as it's not neon.

Favorite images/themes include trees and leaves (especially ginkgo), books, bridges, star quilt patterns, ballet (not too pinky-pink), typewriter stuff, celtic knots, Japanese/Chinese landscape paintings, Middle Eastern and Indian textile designs, and those fishing villages where every house is painted a different color.  I love things that have camp value, particularly 50's/early 60's style. I do not have nearly enough stuff with garden gnomes on it.

I spend most of my free time knitting and watching the Food Network (though lately it's been Project Runway instead), and I'm always carrying around at least one book.

I am all about using what we already have on hand.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to craft for me!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006 09:47:45 AM by cotneyroo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #334 on: July 29, 2006 08:59:23 AM »

oh no--my reputation is following me from the Summer Fling!!! Man, I have been behaving here.... Embarrassed

Thanks!!  I am in dire need of potholders as I am burning up my countertops and using dishtowels to take stuff out of the oven, ha ha!!  I never think about it until I need them--know what I mean?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cotneyroo
« Reply #335 on: July 29, 2006 09:04:03 AM »

oh no--my reputation is following me from the Summer Fling!!! Man, I have been behaving here.... Embarrassed

Thanks!!  I am in dire need of potholders as I am burning up my countertops and using dishtowels to take stuff out of the oven, ha ha!!  I never think about it until I need them--know what I mean?

better than MY version of never thinking about it until I need them, i.e. reaching into the oven with my bare hands...   Roll Eyes

/offtopic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristen81
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2006 09:11:58 AM »

I claim Cotneyroo for a Mo Willems's DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS Stuffie! 

I'm in Winnipeg, Canada.

The LIST!!

This Fabulous scarf:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70219.0  ANY color is fine!

A scarf like this!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=108923.0  Looks like Neopolitan ice cream (there is a pattern on her blog)  I like the chunky wool she used for this!!!

Rufflebutt undies (there is a pair in my wists if you don't know what I mean)

I need a 3D (stands up on its own) makeup bag to put in my new fabulous purse heres some ideas:

http://www.etsy.com/view_item_sold_anon.php?listing_id=155954&transaction_id=99212
http://www.fluffyland.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=8&zenid=7e0ab5896af2809840231a3d5a2cc551
http://www.adorneya.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=87&zenid=118caa2d2e910a55f5740ae9e6d757d0

A long tube top (something cute a summery would be cool)  PM for measurements

Summer pyjamma pants (any color/patterns is fine)  PM for size info

A fabulous wallet like this bad boy here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=105539.msg1012017#msg1012017

A dark mark T-shirt  (maybe 3/4 sleeves in black...no Snape just the dark mark)
idea: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=66061.msg680318#msg680318

A knit/crochet coffee cup cozie  (it's a sleeve to protect your hand from the hot take-out cup)  any color is fine!

Beaded yarn

Neat Wool (I'd love to try felting an amigurumi but all the wool here is craptacular) odds and ends are fine as long as I can felt it.

Yarn from your stash (I'm building one!  I'll take your odds and ends...then neater the better...I love chunky or bright color stuff as well as cream, black and white...whatever really)  Thanks Homerof2

Sock Monkey, Gnome, Hamster fabric (1.5 meters/yards pls)

A handle-less coffee cup or tea cup (this can be bought if you can find one)

A crochet hook roll  (I have sizes 4 - 10 (in metric sizes))

Luuurve and thanks to anyone who picks me!!!!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006 09:27:12 AM by Kristen81 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2006 11:04:47 AM »

OOOH, I wish I could claim you Kristen81!!!  But I'm still waiting for my packages to arrive. GRRRRR
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
knottydottie

Live with no regrets.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2006 11:37:33 AM »

ok...since i'm like a needle roll up factory lately.....i claim Kristen81 for a crochet hook roll  Grin

This is my 5'th claim, 2 have been received, 1 is in the mail, and 1 will be going to the post office today!

I am in portland, oregon.

THE LIST:

1.....pencil skirt: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72797.0  i know this is a biggie, but my sewing skillz aren't this advanced yet!  I don't like polka dots, but some other fun vintagy mod fabric would be great.

2.....a shrug!  I like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=44519.0  or  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94478.0  any color really, even variegated yarn might be pretty snazzy!  (just no pinks or purples)

3.....a pair of white pillowcases embroidered with birdies (owls, crows, sparrows, and puffins are some of my favorites, or one of my other likes is ok too!)

4.....a sturdy wallet, bifold type, with a snap closure and lots of slots for credit cards.  a square one would be snazzy, i've seen them on here somewhere. thank you ms. bubbatink!

5.....a bright colored knitted/crocheted tote, lined with fabric so it's sturdy enough to hold my notebooks. love this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=88284.10  (scroll down page)  i like the circle wooden handles.

6.....a belt.  i wear a lot of solid colors and black, so something sturdy with a cool print would be nice.  i wear my belts down on my hips, pm me for measurement. thank you icebyrd67!!

7.....embellished bobby pins. i like the smaller brownish colored ones.  and no overly cutesy stuff (hearts,pandas,bows), since i'm 30 and all.
thanks mayerlove!

8.....cuffs that are made from random maps, or iron on's of maps, or printed fabric, or i dunno.....but i think they'd be awesome.  i like snaps, not velcro. thanks mayerlove and dithmer!

9.....a night light!  something kitschy, retro, an owl, meatwad from aqua teen, a hitchcock themed one, zombies,  or any of my likes!!

10...Coasters!  my desk space gets sticky from my morning coffee and my evening adult beverages.  Any of my likes would be a good theme! I also really like these treasure map ones: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=91823.0

11...A knitted newsboy cap from the Stitch n Bitch book, like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=76223.0   in black, olive green, or burgandy color!

12...A sewn newsboy cap from this pattern here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=27772.0  tweedy fabrics or textured solids in black or olive green

13...A circle skirt: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=86002.0  I like the drop waist yoke on this one.

about me:  i am 30, an editorial photographer, and i live in Portland, Oregon.  I am fanatic about art, traveling, animals, kitsch, and a good gin & tonic.  I like all colors except pink, purple, and pastels.  I like vintage, mod styles and things that have a touch of the unusual to them.  Recently I have been into birds, octupi, trees, vintage wallpapers, maps,  film noirs, samurai, and anything embroidered.  Feel free to pm me with questions.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006 12:46:23 PM by knottydottie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

I'm the dumb looking one on the right.

« Reply #339 on: July 29, 2006 12:10:10 PM »

thanks, alwaysinmyroom! i'm excited, and super jealous by the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches Ep4
How To Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 3
How to Create Better Media - Motion Sketches 2
How to Create A Better Story - Motion Sketches 1
How to Debunk Hollywood Urban Legends
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...