A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Pride Swap Round 2 - Swap Gallery  (Read 10100 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sneeg
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2006 12:02:12 PM »

hurricane_sc made a Turing-based package for me!  (my son's name is Turing after Alan Turing)  She made this great bag with a little coin purse and a pin:

It is all perfect!  My husband was super skeptical of the entilre swap process, but this has won him over.  Thank you, hurricane_sc, it's perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: www.projectjanel.org/swap/index.html
I have wisted some fabrics, but they are just to give an idea of what I like: www.wists.com/sneeg
I like personal swaps, PM me if you're interested
cantus

Music grows in the rose

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2006 10:47:12 AM »

You named your son after Alan Turing?! If I ever met a girl who'd indicate a desire to name a child after Mr. Turing, I would immediatly offer to father that child. The gal would clearly have her head in the right place. You, my lady, are a class act.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sneeg
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2006 02:56:16 PM »

You named your son after Alan Turing?! If I ever met a girl who'd indicate a desire to name a child after Mr. Turing, I would immediatly offer to father that child. The gal would clearly have her head in the right place. You, my lady, are a class act.

[laugh!]  thanks!  actually having a son named turing is a good litmus test to use when meeting people - those who know who he is good marks, those who don't know who he is generally get no marks, but those who claim to be computer scientists but don't know who he is get bad marks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: www.projectjanel.org/swap/index.html
I have wisted some fabrics, but they are just to give an idea of what I like: www.wists.com/sneeg
I like personal swaps, PM me if you're interested
Arya Stark
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006 02:54:58 PM »

Just wanted to post and say that I received from sharc today Smiley  I LOVE all my goodies... will post pics soon but have to run right now, but here is a list of what I got:
-Pouch to hold my geeky things
-Book thong
-Stitch markers
-Yoda origami
-Crocheted Yoda
-Post It notes
-Puzzles
-Harry Potter trading cards

I am so excited, sharc really took my geeky profile and ran with it- I'm pretty sure I didn't have enough room in my Top 10 to mention my occasional obsessions with logic puzzles or my stash of origami paper... or my love affair with Post It notes, for that matter Smiley  Everything is great, pics to come...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2006 02:06:32 PM »

I received my lovely swap package from thetiniestspark.

Here is what I received:

1 Nintendo Decoupage Box
1 Tote bag with Don't Panic written on it
Cross-stitch of the Mario Mushroom
2 hair barrettes - Don't Panic and Mario Mushroom

I love it all!
Whit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gothmom
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006 02:29:18 PM »

In addition to the fly Wizard Rock Bookmark, Frozenboogereatr sent me a wee package full o fun as you can see....

a Prince of the Cosmos Amigurumi - WHee!!

An Ankh Gothy Cellphone case

and a robot pincushion cuff!

Thanks for the swell stuff!!   I love it!

Gothmom
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jp197012
JP

me on my wedding day

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2006 05:12:07 PM »

I don't know how I missed this one, but I'm glad I got a chance to jump in and get some geeky goodies   Grin

I received the following amazing stuff from iscreamedmyselfhoarse.  thanks again!!

a Harry Potter inspired hat (sorry no action photo)

some buttons that will look great on the strap of the HP messenger bag I carry to work

and my personal favorite--Captain Jean Luc Picard  Kiss   the pictures really don't do justice to the shirt

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011 08:25:03 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

iScreamedMyselfHoarse
Boldly screaming where no one has screamed before...

And Jesus, I'm ready to go home...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2006 03:56:24 PM »

JP197012 I'm soo glad you liked everything! (lol sorry about the shirt, holy cow I feel like such a nerd!)!!! I'm soo sorry it took me forever to post the AMAZING package I got from you!
Seriously jp197012 is an awesome partner!
First a SHINY bracelet! It inspired me to get out my bead loom too!

A Firefly Cross stitch too! (Oh man I love that show)

A Nintendo shirt that fits like a dream (I would have taken an action shot but my mirror was WAY too dirty)

A Star Wars cross stitch and candle AND A COMM BADGE! (I've always wanted one), oh pardon my purse and the movie in the background...

The wonderful and amazing Mario purse, I love! Amazing!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH JP197012!!!

I also got a package from CosmicCranberry (So sorry everything got so crazy dear) With some awesome Star Wars goodness in it! (Can you tell I am a total Star Wars nut, I still sleep on Star Wars sheets HA)

I love the Yoda and Obi-wan bears!
Thank you so much!

Sorry about the mile long post, this was a great swap! I would like to just thank Whiskey for being one of the best swap organizers ever! Thank you for everything you did! You were amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He wraps Himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide and trembles at His voice... How great is our God!

PM me if you would like to trade something knitted for a size 12-20 Built by Wendy sewing Pattern... never been used!
CosmicCranberry
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2006 05:08:54 PM »

I am just glad you liked everything....the bears were my favorite to craft!

though I am not completely satisfied with the way obi-wan's hair came out....it was kinda hard, sewing on all the embroidery thread for hair
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006 05:49:23 PM by CosmicCranberry » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Should Guys Wax Their Body Hair?
Teeth Whitening Product Made Out Of Three Items
Ms. New York Senior America LIVE
Senior Pageant Queens Look Back On 8 Decades Of Style
How This 62-Year-Old Pageant Queen Turned Her Life Around At 50
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...