A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: reception decor ideas - hanging paper things  (Read 2468 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006 04:12:20 PM »

I think the photography idea is a great one. I was planning on doing a variation on that myself. I was thinking that I could design a power-point presentation with the images and then just leave it running on a loop from a projecter while people milled around and get seated to eat.

I have a couple ideas of what I think would be good but I'm waiting until I find my special spot before we set a date and start all the serious planning. Hopefully I can find something like where are having your reception. The hooks on the ceiling would be perfect. Lucky girl!

Are you going to put any of the paper flowers on the tables? I think the idea of having the little glass candle holders wrapped in colored tissue paper is another great one. Then you can have this soft colored glow that matches everything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
dirtythghts4
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006 07:07:59 AM »

the hanging flower thingy's gave me an awesome idea for something I can do in my sister's room. Me and my mom are repainting her walls, silver and light gray, but she needs some BRIGHT punches of color. this is an awesome way to do it!

"yay!" for hanging paper things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*sigh* so is life, i've often said
re
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006 08:22:24 AM »

wow, I love this website and everyones ideas!

everyone is so posative! another forum on a 'wedding' site completely bashed me and what I wanted to do, telling me to buy streamers and hire a proffesional florist instead or it would be a tacky wedding. whew! ouch!

I'll stick around other creatives, like myself thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littledoe
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006 10:22:57 AM »

wow, I love this website and everyones ideas!

everyone is so posative! another forum on a 'wedding' site completely bashed me and what I wanted to do, telling me to buy streamers and hire a proffesional florist instead or it would be a tacky wedding. whew! ouch!

I'll stick around other creatives, like myself thank you!

I can't understand people who have to be mean to strangers on the internet.  I've experienced that a bit myself, around my wedding planning.

As I'm finding out, the important thing is to stay focused and positive about what you want and if forums like this can help us out with some tips, then all the more power to us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littledoe
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006 10:31:18 AM »

I downsized my paper flowers a bit by only using 4 layers that I folded in 1/2 to make 8.

The colourful ones will be for the front of my house and I'll have red and gold in the backyard.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
re
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006 01:17:05 PM »

WICKED!
those are wonderful!!!!!!!!!

It makes me want to run out and buy tissue paper RIGHT NOW to make them!

I am also glad I saw some other people than martha stewart make these, some things she does just seem too complicated for anyone else to pull off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarnlova
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006 07:02:55 PM »

Wow, such great ideas!

littledoe, your paper flowers are AWESOME!  I bought some tissue paper to try my hand at these for my wedding next May...I hope mine turn out as good as yours!   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stringy
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006 02:22:56 AM »

Wow, I love the pom-pom style flowers, they're fantastic. They look so lush.

Some people think anything homemade *must* be tacky. We Craftsters know better, and feel sorry for people who have so little confidence in their own abilities.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kstarsk
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006 06:25:26 AM »

ooh! What a great idea, the paper flowers look great! we're doing a destination wedding in Mexico and I was thinking of doing a Dahlia theme -it's the national flower, and they totally look like dahlias. I will soooo be doing this and the luminarias too - it seems like it would be easy to transport the paper and put everything together while i'm down there. AND I love love love the flower-light strings.. Yay for martha! I might just have to go buy the new MSW mag on my lunch break.

oh, and re, I don't know if you've been to indiebride.com yet, but it is fabulous, full of girls with a very craftser-y DIY ethic. not at all like every other awful wedding site out there. check it out, i've gotten lots of great advice and help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"there never was a good war or a bad peace"
-benjamin franklin
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006 03:31:53 PM »

oh, kstarsk! Thanks for the indiebride link. I loves it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Bead - Introduction to Stitching
Learn how to Bead - Learn how to Make a Simple Pair of Earrings
Learn How to Bead - Stringing Knots Between Beads
Learn how to Bead - Stringing Thread
Learn how to Bead - Stringing Wire
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...