A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pattern for swirl scarf  (Read 2929 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugarydaisies
« on: June 29, 2006 11:34:50 PM »

Hi everybody!  Smiley

I'm new to this forum and the first thing that I will do is - exactly, bug you guys with questions.  Wink I've been lurking for a while and I saw people give really good answers so I've decided to give it a try now.

I saw this scarf on the internet http://www.knit-purl.com/Products/Product.php?Product_ID=161&PHPSESSID=63a7872eeb1690cd38f7e9485d7a22c3
 it's soooo cute and I'd looove to knit it. So, what's preventing me from doing it? Honestly, the prize... It's $6 which is more than you pay for a lot of other patterns of similar size and as I live in Europe I would have to add another $12.50. I think that's way too much money for a pattern, especially if you're jobless, so I'm trying to find a similar pattern or someone you might be able to figure out how to knit this scarf.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006 11:39:15 PM »

This is sorta like the pattern you found
tell me what you think
http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60042.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarydaisies
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006 11:50:01 PM »

This is sorta like the pattern you found
tell me what you think
http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60042.html
Hi Moonlightbliss, thanks for the quick answer! Smiley That's an interesting pattern, but not quite what I was looking for. I think swirl scarf is one long ruffle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006 12:09:58 AM »

ooh hmm  could that be achieved by working a large number of stitches so you are working longwaise and do a dramatic decrease?  do you know what i mean?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trisarahtop
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006 12:17:01 AM »

It sort of reminds me of the corkscrew scarf in Loop D Loop, but I know it's constructed differently. It looks like there's a center fold, so I wonder if you start with a lot of stitches, decrease dramatically, then increase to the original number again, equally dramatically. I'm not sure though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just have a few words: nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.
sugarydaisies
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006 01:56:24 AM »

ooh hmm  could that be achieved by working a large number of stitches so you are working longwaise and do a dramatic decrease?  do you know what i mean?

It sort of reminds me of the corkscrew scarf in Loop D Loop, but I know it's constructed differently. It looks like there's a center fold, so I wonder if you start with a lot of stitches, decrease dramatically, then increase to the original number again, equally dramatically. I'm not sure though.

Hmm, I think you both could be right. I think I will try this with the decrease and then increase. Thanks, girls. Smiley

P.S. I really wish the online suppliers would create pdf files and just send them via email. The shipping fees are so insane...  Cry
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006 02:00:41 AM by sugarydaisies » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Atomic Alice
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006 07:10:56 AM »

hi there!  Here's this ruffled scarf free pattern from knit picks, its a lot narrower than the one you are looking at, but it does give an idea how to make the ruffles.  The pattern you like is done with kidsilk haze, maybe a smaller needle than the one the knit picks pattern calls for and some more stitches to give it that look?

http://www.knitpicks.com/projects/projects_display_yarn.aspx?itemid=50355220
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://foolmoon.etsy.com

Merricat, said Constance, would you like a cup of tea?
Oh, no, said Merricat, you'll poison me.
lawral
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006 08:28:32 AM »

this looks a lot like the ribbon scarves in handknit holidays by melanie falick. maybe you could look for it at the library?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kerry Berry
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006 01:32:10 PM »

There's also a very similar scarf in Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop, if you can find that at your local library.

ETA: d'oh!  Maybe I should read all of the posts before adding my two cents...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhiandmoi
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006 01:51:52 PM »

http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/scarves/fizz-stardust-corkscrew-scarf.html
Here is one that is knit long-ways, I can't tell which direction the original was knit in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Layer Your Skincare Products
3 DIY Body Scrubs
LORAC Touch-Up to Go Concealer and Foundation Pen Review
Deconstructed Rose Lip Gloss Library Review
Eye Makeup Tutorial: Applying Eye Shadow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...