A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blogs?  (Read 2158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nico-tiro

Its Your Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006 11:25:15 PM »

lol sugarinthemorning!

my blog is the best! haha no really, i had a site meter but found statcounter! yeah. its better, its invisible and theres more details... im averaging around 70-130 hits a day! the slowest blog days these days are the weekend. jumps right back during the week tho.

i promote most of my etsy items on my blog and i mainly started using it as a way to let customers know what craft ill be in and when etc...

ive definately gotten people from the blogsphere coming to my etsy shop and signing up just to buy something. its pretty cool...

myspace is a good way too! i recently posted a bulletin with a link pic of the harajuku charms i have listed in shop and thats why its got so many views im pretty sure coz right after i posted it the next day there were 30+more views on it...

but ,,, im still really broke. all these hits dont make a sandwich...money does. and lettuce and mayo and stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarawearsskirts
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006 01:44:05 PM »

i use my blog to talk about behind-the-scenes stuff with my shop.  but i also feature a new etsy seller pick on it each week, which is super fun.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007 11:54:06 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

orangeisgood
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006 09:31:57 PM »

Here are two livejournal etsy communities:

ShopEtsy, where you can promote your shop and browse other etsy shops
http://community.livejournal.com/shopetsy/profile

etsypicks, where people post photos of things they bought at etsy
http://community.livejournal.com/etsypicks/profile

Here is an etsy yahoo group, sister group to LJ shopetsy.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shopetsy/

I have met some etsy & non etsy friends through my blog at Lj. I have also found some great shops, and get extra traffic through it. It's fun, and worth a shot if you're just thinking about doing it. I think alot of people worry about starting a blog, because they think they need to be interesting or poetic, but just be yourself. Even easier is keeping the blog related to your crafts and etsy shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blinkingmouse
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008 03:06:35 AM »

I just started my blog and I hope to be promoting that mostly online. Offline I'm all about the actual shop address.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop 'Pretty Little Love Objects' at

http://www.blinkingmouse.etsy.com

http://prettylittleloveobjects.blogspot.com/
DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008 07:15:40 PM »

I use my blog to promote my jewelry shop ~ because I don't know where my etsy buyers are coming from I can't say how many are thanks to my blog ~ I know of at least two... but I do get a number of newly signed-up buyers so who knows, maybe more! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.com - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.blogspot.com
Joyful Abode
domesticity by trial and error

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008 04:44:57 PM »

I blog, but it's not just to promote my etsy shop (though I do some of that too). I find that I've gotten a LOT of traffic on my blog because it's a content-type blog, rather than a promotional one. I write recipes, craft projects, decor-on-a-budget ideas, cleaning tips, stuff like that. My tagline is "domesticity by trial and error." hehe.

I have about 800 daily visitors lately, but I'm not sure how many of those people go to etsy from my blog, because etsy doesn't have statistics available (grrr). But I do get a lot of traffic, and my aprons have been featured on a couple other blogs because of my blog, which is pretty cool. Also, I've started offering ad space on my blog, and those people have had several clicks already, even though it's only been a couple days. Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
- Domesticity by trial and error

Joyful Abode Shop - military stationery, kitchen linens, accessories, and more!
Joyful Abode
domesticity by trial and error

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008 04:46:42 PM »

I advertise my blog more. I decided that I want to do that, so I can get the statistics about where visitors are coming from, stuff like that.
So I made a page that's [myurl].com/shop , where I have my etsy mini. I point shop ads to that, and I have my regular domain on my business card, as well as my etsy URL, though in my new card design, I think I'll just put [myurl].com/shop instead. I want to know how many people are visiting me!!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008 07:43:50 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joyful Abode
- Domesticity by trial and error

Joyful Abode Shop - military stationery, kitchen linens, accessories, and more!
blinkingmouse
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008 03:15:30 PM »

just wanted to say I love my blog because it has a site meter which is way cool for procrastination and also because it is really easy. I am seeing a small increase in traffic to the shop but not as big as I'd like. Where does everyone promote their blogs?

So far mine is on at fuel my blog, blog hub, the etsy blog web ring, link exchnage and blog catalogue. I've made a few link exchnagers with other bloggers and websites... Any more ideas for free blog promotion?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop 'Pretty Little Love Objects' at

http://www.blinkingmouse.etsy.com

http://prettylittleloveobjects.blogspot.com/
RobinLynne
♫ He spoke to me, I took his flute ♫

Disaster has befallen my wheels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008 06:58:03 AM »

oh snap!

I have three blogs.

It's very therapeutic; AND I help out a few Etsy sellers on the way Smiley

I'm not sure if it's helped to 'advertise' or 'get my name out there' but it's too fun for me Cheesy

I also have a livejournal that I use for posting in communities, bwahaha. *coughs*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008 07:43:05 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Shop on Etsy: For Jason ♥ Help Jason win the war against pancreatic cancer![/url]
My Blog: Purple Petition
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Noodles in 1 Minute
How to Make Sushi Rolls
How to Make Curried Shrimp and Cauliflower
How to Make a Red-Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...