A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 145
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: quickie dress that anybody can make - Infinity Dress and link to tutorial  (Read 674979 times)
Tags for this thread: infinity_dress , tutorial_link  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Musefreak

I belong to you- Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1370 on: July 01, 2009 08:41:04 AM »

I sewed already 3 of those- 2 dresses& one infinity top- i haven't got a chance to take any pictures, but if i do, i'll sure post them here Smiley
I hand- sewed them& it was the easiest way to make a dress- i'm still searching for more fabric to make more of it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't resist "The Resistance" Cheesy
-
my Wist
-
Blog

interested in personal swaps
LISAWshesSOcrafty
« Reply #1371 on: July 15, 2009 02:22:56 PM »

I made two for myself last year and LOVE them! They are so fun and comfy. I liked them so much I made them for all my bridesmaids! I posted about them on my blog, the link is below:

http://lisawelge.com/blog/2009/07/our-wedding-the-diy-ultra-versatile-bridesmaids-dresses/

I'm so excited for the wedding! I will post up more pics of the dresses in action!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

itsMyDesign87
« Reply #1372 on: July 16, 2009 06:47:20 PM »

was a regular sewing needle used, or a ballpoint needle? Several others I have talked to about this said to use a ballpoint needle, but I thought it would work with regular as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mickele
Exclamation POINT!

Whoosh.

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 16, 2009 08:15:48 PM »

This is my second try. It could be better, but I don't feel weird about wearing about wearing it outside, as long as I have a half-slip on underneath.

It was a $2 fabric from Walmart, but they only had two and a half yards, so I made it an a-line skirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog where I amuse myself.
peachquilter
« Reply #1374 on: July 16, 2009 08:25:50 PM »

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carmencrafter
No one can make it better than you can

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 17, 2009 07:59:59 AM »

It's so pretty and refreshing.  I love the fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Surround yourself with beautiful things!!

Bernie Lomax died for your sins!
capall.muir
« Reply #1376 on: July 30, 2009 06:12:08 PM »

Recently discovered Crafster.
I found the tutorial and this thread while searching for the Chameleon dress I found on Etsy. I was trying to find ways to wear the dress while I convinced myself it was worth the money.

Thank you Crafster and Rostichery for saving me close to $200!!

I made my first one about 3 weeks ago. I used a teal knit that I inherited from my Grandmother. Turned out OK. However, the circle skirt was too much for me.

I purchased a lovely navy jersey and finally cut into it this week after reading (most) of this thread. I decided to use a dress I already have as a pattern to get the fit just right. I have the skirt/body together and am going to finish the straps this evening. So far, fabulous!

My best friend is having her bachelorette or rather Bitchin' Hitchin' party this weekend. In the same day we will go to a nice dinner, have the "shower" portion of the party and go to karaoke. This dress will transition beautifully. I plan to take both dresses and come back with lots of pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #1377 on: July 31, 2009 06:45:32 AM »

Recently discovered Crafster.
I found the tutorial and this thread while searching for the Chameleon dress I found on Etsy. I was trying to find ways to wear the dress while I convinced myself it was worth the money.

Thank you Crafster and Rostichery for saving me close to $200!!

I made my first one about 3 weeks ago. I used a teal knit that I inherited from my Grandmother. Turned out OK. However, the circle skirt was too much for me.

I purchased a lovely navy jersey and finally cut into it this week after reading (most) of this thread. I decided to use a dress I already have as a pattern to get the fit just right. I have the skirt/body together and am going to finish the straps this evening. So far, fabulous!

My best friend is having her bachelorette or rather Bitchin' Hitchin' party this weekend. In the same day we will go to a nice dinner, have the "shower" portion of the party and go to karaoke. This dress will transition beautifully. I plan to take both dresses and come back with lots of pictures!
We want to see pictures!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laniviator
« Reply #1378 on: August 04, 2009 11:34:07 AM »

so how did you make the skirt? did you use more than one piece?
I'm 5'7" with a 37" waist and a 13" middle-boob to arm pit.  Someone please help me with this...how do i cut the skirt and how much material would i need??? Huh
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009 12:03:43 PM by laniviator » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Musefreak

I belong to you- Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1379 on: August 04, 2009 12:52:30 PM »

so how did you make the skirt? did you use more than one piece?
I'm 5'7" with a 37" waist and a 13" middle-boob to arm pit.  Someone please help me with this...how do i cut the skirt and how much material would i need??? Huh

maybe this tutorial will help you how to make the circle skirt
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12439.0
( i've didn't measured my waist/hips, i've measured right at the underbust section, where you want your skirt to be later)
the 13" that you've measured from your middle-boot to your armpit is, when you want to do the straps- how "wide" you want your attatched straps you want yours to be( sorry, i'm not a native speaker)

it depends on how long you want your skirt to be- you'll definitly need the double of the "lenght" of your skirt+ how long your straps should/you want to have them, for mine i've bought about 3-4(about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 yard) meters each, a lenght of the skirt from about 70cm (about 27 1/2 inches)

hope that will help you a bit
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009 12:58:22 PM by Musefreak » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't resist "The Resistance" Cheesy
-
my Wist
-
Blog

interested in personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 145 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sherry Lansing: True Love at 47
Sherry Lansing: The Choice to Work and Be Single
Sherry Lansing: Worthy of More
Sherry Lansing: The First Wives Club
Sherry Lansing: You Married Your First Boyfriend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...