A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,078
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 145
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: quickie dress that anybody can make - Infinity Dress and link to tutorial  (Read 722715 times)
Tags for this thread: infinity_dress , tutorial_link  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 02, 2009 05:44:00 PM »

Thanks guys...

Nothing's set in stone yet, a) because I have very little money, and b) because my craft store sort of sucks.. I'm hoping to get to a store with a broader selection sometime soon. We'll see how it works out. Smiley I'll keep you posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
alohamom2three
I really should be sleeping...

Wow...can't believe I won something!

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 09, 2009 12:20:44 AM »

Hi...I've made a couple of infinity dresses and have one posted somewhere back on page 100 or so.
But here's a new twist.
My husband is about to return from 15 months in Iraq and I wanted to make dresses for my three girls for the welcoming ceremony (we did this the last time he was deployed) and they asked for an infinity dress...little mini craftsters that they are   Grin
But I had been eyeing the redondo skirt for a while and trying to find enough time to work on it so I thought I'd combine the two.
So here is my infinity/redondo dress...modeled by my middle daughter.  Of course, it took much longer than the two hour single seam dress but I think it came out pretty cool.  I didn't buy a pattern I just studied the tips from other craftsters on the site to come up with the skirt pattern.
Enjoy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am always doing what I don't know how to do, in order to learn how to do it. -Vincent Van Gogh
JennLee
« Reply #1312 on: February 09, 2009 05:25:44 AM »

alohamom2three - saw your post on "recent with pics", had to pop in to say that the dress looks GREAT with that skirt, awesome idea! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1313 on: February 09, 2009 06:22:16 AM »

That dress looks great, alohamom2three! Your daughter is obviously having a blast posing in it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
monsterrawr
Cause nobody wants to be the last one left...

monsters go rawr and so do I! RAWR

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1314 on: February 09, 2009 07:02:40 AM »

that looks great
=D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to try a personal swap
Pm me if at all interested
i got TONS of fabric and old magazines
and i get 10% off at jo anns
=D
I like to talk! pm me if you want to chat

http://www.wists.com/monsterrawr
twiterpert
« Reply #1315 on: February 09, 2009 11:10:50 PM »

That dress is fabulous alohamom2three! I'm quite jealous Wink

I've been working my way through this board (around pg. 80 now!), so I figured it was about time I attempted one of these. I veerrrryy carefully cut out the pieces from this gorgeous teal rayon/spandex I paid way too much for, and pinned it all together. Sewed, ripped out a couple of inches when I realized I had the wrong stitch on, sewed some more, inserted some elastic for extra security, tried it on... Somehow I manged to miss one of the straps while sewing. Waited a day before getting out the seam ripper. Take two: pinned the straps on and skipped the waistband and elastic for the time being. Good thing too, because after I sewed the straps on, I realized they were wrong side up. Argh.... Still haven't ripped them off, but have been enjoying wrapping the straps. The versatility of this dress is all that's keeping me going right now. Leave it to me to mess up the only seam.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
regenbogenblume
« Reply #1316 on: February 10, 2009 04:25:42 AM »

hello from austria!

i really love this dress, i needed a long one for a quite noble ball here in vienna and i just had about 5 hours to get one. so i made this out of fuchsia pannevelvet for the straps and taffeta for the skirt (both fabrics are furnishing fabrics and cost less than 1€/m  Wink). the skirt is third circle, the photo was taken very late (or better early), so it looks a little crumpled...

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/kleid1.JPG (this is my first post on craftster, so you have to follow this link to see the picture)

(i hope i haven't made to many mistakes, my german, spanish and italian would be better i guess...)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009 04:27:04 AM by regenbogenblume » THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #1317 on: February 10, 2009 05:41:08 AM »

hello from austria!

i really love this dress, i needed a long one for a quite noble ball here in vienna and i just had about 5 hours to get one. so i made this out of fuchsia pannevelvet for the straps and taffeta for the skirt (both fabrics are furnishing fabrics and cost less than 1/m  Wink). the skirt is third circle, the photo was taken very late (or better early), so it looks a little crumpled...

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/kleid1.JPG (this is my first post on craftster, so you have to follow this link to see the picture)

(i hope i haven't made to many mistakes, my german, spanish and italian would be better i guess...)
Welcome to Craftster!
And don't think twice about your English, you're doing great.....
Most of the time, if someone doesn't understand what you posted, they will ask..

Great dress, by the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twiterpert
« Reply #1318 on: February 12, 2009 06:18:58 PM »

Phew! Well, I haven't add the waistband yet (although i really need to, it slides down a ton from the weight of the skirt!), but I  thought I'd share that i finally had success. Third time's the charm eh? I think I might shorten it a couple inches, until it hits just above my knee, but I haven't decided yet...

The last one is my favorite way to wear it, but I'm pretty sure it would only work for a beach cover-up or a toga party. Ah well. Not many different ties because I'm feeling tired and uncreative. True color in spinning shot. My brother picked out the color for me, I think he did good job!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011 06:33:36 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1319 on: February 13, 2009 05:55:31 AM »

The dress looks great, and the color suits you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 145 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Adobe Bridge in Photoshop
Saving Time Working in Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4
Using 3D in Photoshop
How to Use Content Aware Scaling in Adobe Photoshop CS4 (Lynda.Com)
Making Lower Thirds Part 3 - Photoshop for Video 95
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...