A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 145
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: quickie dress that anybody can make - Infinity Dress and link to tutorial  (Read 667587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

newyorkdoll
« Reply #1130 on: March 20, 2008 11:02:56 PM »

This is freakin awesome. I just spend the past 2 hours reading, looking at pics, etc. I am going to buy dark turquoise and blank jersey fabric tomorrow, hopefully, and get started right away.
Who cares about homework? I'm about to graduate from college and need some dresses for grad parties! Well...I guess I should complete my coursework so I actually graduate. I should've majored in Craftology...
I will post pics as soon as I make my dress(es)! Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
rachelily
« Reply #1131 on: March 22, 2008 07:03:14 AM »

haha yeah i went to walmart too!  i got a silky grape coloured jersey from walmart for $1 a yard, there were eight on the bolt, and so i got the whole thing!  i finally got myself some ball-pointed needles too, for the stretch fabric.  (and ball-pointed pins!)  this will be used for my test-dress for graduation.  of course, when im done ill cut it knee-length and wear it to school Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lets make us all beautiful
onecraftybean

I sew, crochet and knit...a little.

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 29, 2008 11:36:59 PM »

This is the second one I made. The skirt part is an old bed sheet.
I wore this on Easter.
Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008 11:37:52 PM by onecraftybean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beginning of school year resolutions: Granny-square blanket, scarf for the man, swimsuit bottoms, better organization for crafting supplies, computer case of some kind, 2 amigurumi and a pair of underwear.
rachelily
« Reply #1133 on: March 30, 2008 01:46:14 PM »

i finished my graduation dress prototype that i mentioned earlier!  i messed up twice because i made the angle between the straps too huge. 

i made the floor-length bias skirt and it looked great!  i just cut on the diagonal with a heck of a lot of fabric, used 2 seams, and it worked very well.  after mistake #2 with the straps, though, when i had to rip it all out, i just took out the long skirt and replaced it with a circle skirt so it was more casual for wearing out.  here it is!

the last picture is the way i plan to wear it for graduation.  it will be all white, floor length, and afterwards ill chop it knee length and dip-dye it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1134 on: March 30, 2008 03:39:44 PM »

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/heartshapedcoffin45/IMG_5322b.jpg
This is the second one I made. The skirt part is an old bed sheet.
I wore this on Easter.
Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial!

That looks awesome on you!  I love that you used a different fabric for the skirt.  Great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
Tenille
« Reply #1135 on: March 31, 2008 08:12:08 AM »

That looks great rachelily and I love the bottom of yours onecraftybean
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.b logspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
rachelily
« Reply #1136 on: April 01, 2008 03:21:26 PM »

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckyduck29
« Reply #1137 on: April 02, 2008 11:16:28 AM »

I was just wondering, do you cut out your straps first or do you cut out the skirt part?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1138 on: April 02, 2008 11:36:11 AM »

I made this dress this summer, (before I was pregnant) and it looked lovely. I pulled it out the other day and wore the elastic like an empire waistline above my 8 month pregnant belly and it made a beautiful maternity dress. I must say though, with all the wrapping and ties it does make me look bigger than I am, but that's okay since the belly is beautiful. The skirt pulls up a little more in the front too so I wouldn't recommend wearing it on a windy day. I used extra wide elastic in mine so I think it will also make a really great postpartum dress since the elastic gives me quite a bit of support.
Thank you so much for posting this tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

broadwaybabe_4

I'm in love! (With the right One.)

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 03, 2008 08:23:23 AM »

rostitchery- Am I right in understanding your tutorial- The waist band is behind the straps, and never is really seen? It is just there to hold up the skirt and to finish it off it the way you wear your dress does not have a back or so?

I think this all makes sense then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain. Climb on two by two, to be sure these days continue.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 145 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Hide Grey Hairs Between Salon Appointments
Big Hair and Beauty Trends
Feather Hair Extensions and Accessories
Options For Preventing Hair Loss
Beauty Stopwatch: Haircare
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...