A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 145
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: quickie dress that anybody can make - Infinity Dress and link to tutorial  (Read 662921 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tallyboo
« Reply #1360 on: May 12, 2009 02:25:25 PM »

Looks good, Tally! I can't wait to make one of these but I'm waiting to find some fabric that's pretty cheap, 'cause I haven't sewn much by way of clothing.

Thanks! This is the first clothing I've made on a machine since I made a hoodie in home ec in highschool haha. It was super easy. Good luck when you do make it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naravyn
« Reply #1361 on: May 15, 2009 05:40:01 AM »

I finally got a sewing machine! And it was FREE!! A friend of ours had one that she was never going to use and asked if i wanted it. YAY. I have also found this really cute fabric on sale at walmart that I'm going to try it out on. I'm going to try it out maybe this weekend time permitting. My only question now is since I'm a total newb at any type of making clothing myself is this... How do I measure to get the length of the skirt? I know the measurement is my choice on length, but I have no clue how to do that. Do I just measure from waist to the length i want? I'm using a hankerchief style skirt, so I figure I'll need to make sure it will be long enough for both the high spots and the low spots yes? Sorry that I have so many questions. I've wanted to start making things for myself for years and never had the ability, and this site has sparked my want again, and I'm determined to finally do it since I now have something I want to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesskill
« Reply #1362 on: May 19, 2009 09:03:26 AM »

Anyway, thanks again for this thread, I am even more excited now about my wedding now that I don't have to stress about shelling out a lot of cash for a dress.

hey tally, glad to see i'm not the only one crazy enough to rock an infinity dress for my wedding! can't wait to see your finished product.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

live to craft, craft to live
Jennifer_Darling
« Reply #1363 on: May 28, 2009 08:08:43 PM »

This thread inspired me to join and post after months of craftster lurking!
I made a dress similar to the one rostitchery's tutorial describes, but I don't have the band on mine.
Sorry for the bad cell phone pictures! This is my favorite way to wear mine:

http://i41.tinypic.com/hvxjck.jpg
Back

http://i39.tinypic.com/5xspiv.jpg
Front... kinda.

I'd post pictures but I'm new, so they won't let me!
The fabric was 1.50 a yard!
And I love it. You can't see, but the dress goes down to my ankles in most styles.

Thanks for looking and thanks for this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KiLLaKaZ
« Reply #1364 on: May 31, 2009 07:47:33 AM »

I've had about 5 metres of stretch knit sitting around for almost 3 years - I'd planned on making a 'huggable' type sling, but never got around to it! I guess I have the perfect project now! Although, I am not all that fond of it, it's chocolate brown with a pink design. Although, made into an infinity dress, I'm sure it will look stunning - I haven't seen an ugly one yet!! I aim to sew it tomorrow... hold me to it!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
casmuffin
« Reply #1365 on: May 31, 2009 10:07:55 AM »

Hello all! I am going to my HS's prom this year (graduated last year, but going with a friend this year).. and I was just going to wear an old dress. Well, after lurking on this thread for a month.. I decided to give this a shot! I went out to Joann's and found cheap yellow polyester fabric for 2$/yd and made a prototype!

Some of my favorite ways to wear it..

Unfortunately this material is super-seethrough so I can't wear it anywhere other than the house (haha) without this tanktop on. Hopefully my trip to Joann's today will be successful in finding a prettier fabric!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009 10:11:39 AM by casmuffin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Proud Mimi
« Reply #1366 on: June 03, 2009 10:22:15 PM »

Be sure to post. We'd all like to see your next one. I like the color of your first one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EnginerdLisa
« Reply #1367 on: June 14, 2009 05:44:13 PM »

I just finished this dress.  It is my first clothing I have made, and the first time I have used a stretchy fabric, so a big win over all.  I took someone's suggestion and doubled the straps and sewed them into tubes and turned them, and I wish I hadn't.  They seem too bulky.  I'll post pics after I figure out a way to put it on, the bulky straps just are not working for me yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
scotchy007
« Reply #1368 on: June 15, 2009 09:54:37 AM »

This is my first try at the infinity dress and im loving it. So is everyone else that has seen it. Have plans for more, long and short, some with even hems some with asymmetrical hems.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009 10:35:46 AM by scotchy007 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bnanca
« Reply #1369 on: June 17, 2009 09:15:30 AM »

Cute ladies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 145 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adele to Design Plus-Sized Collection For Burberry
Fall Fashion Trends: Printed Pants
Print-Mixing Expert Rachel Roy Shares Her Secrets For Effortless Style
How to Pick Out Boots for Fall
Verena Von Pfetten: Fashion Expert
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...