A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,680
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 145
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: quickie dress that anybody can make - Infinity Dress and link to tutorial  (Read 667119 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirensrising
« Reply #1000 on: August 04, 2007 07:57:22 AM »

Oh my god...I'm halfway through the images only but I couldn't even wait to post. This is AMAZING and all the dresses are seriously so, so beautiful. We just discovered our sewing machine again (albeit missing different needles, button and zipper foots, and thread) but that was only yesterday and as a complete novice I don't even understand the instructions...mayb e I'll show this to my mom (so she can be confused with me? Tongue She can't really sew either). I would LOVE one of these babies, I'm already wishing I had one for my anniversary at the end of the month but maybe by next year I'll have got the hang of it... Roll Eyes

Anyway, seriously, wowowowow. I can't wait to see more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
Mienna
« Reply #1001 on: August 04, 2007 10:08:37 AM »

I love your dress alohamom2three! The color is awesome and it looks fantastic on you. Smiley Looks like your ready for a night out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

andieface
« Reply #1002 on: August 05, 2007 07:15:06 PM »

Well, I have a couple to add to the mix!  Nothing revolutionary here...I did the first one in a green knit.  The fabric makes it pretty bulky, but I still like it.  I made a second one in a black and white jersey knit, it hangs much better.  I love these dresses! 
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x239/andiefacetx/IMG_3761.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x239/andiefacetx/IMG_3779.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
123annette
« Reply #1003 on: August 06, 2007 01:21:48 PM »

I have FINALLY reached the100th page OOT!! (I made a craftster JUST so I could post here!!) - and I must say I cannot WAIT to start making this dress! It's gorgeous and SOOOOOOO functional. For someting as simple as the beach to something as elegant as an awards show - this dress is your new best friend!!!

I think I'll have to make mine in black - I really do need a "little black dress" but have had such a difficult time picking just ONE. BUT NOW I won't have to!!!

THank you all fellow craftsters for posting your pics (that show images only button at the top of this thread is REALLY gona come in handy).

And special thanks to Rostitchery for taking her some precious time out of her day to create a tutorial and share with us how this dress is made!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flipflopsgirl21
« Reply #1004 on: August 10, 2007 04:50:58 PM »

i've read every post! they all look awesome. i can't wait to get a sewing machine.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenille
« Reply #1005 on: August 13, 2007 08:29:53 AM »

Here's the last one I made. pics not that great though. Ignore the bed head. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.b logspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
AliBeachGrl
« Reply #1006 on: August 13, 2007 09:19:39 AM »

That color glows on you!  Very pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 13, 2007 03:38:49 PM »

Pretty color! My fave! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
AngieW
« Reply #1008 on: August 15, 2007 05:12:43 PM »

I'm hung up on quite possibly the dumbest step of this project ever--cutting out the pieces. I have 3 yards of fabric. Do I cut the straps out first, and then the circle skirt? I know this seems like a lame question, and I actually understand how to put it together and sew it, but I can't conceptualize this in my head, how to get all the pieces out of this fabric and make the straps long enough. Feel free to laugh and point now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ranchelmarie
« Reply #1009 on: August 15, 2007 05:44:41 PM »

that's actually a really good question, it took me forever to figure this out as well. what I did was cut the straps from the full length of my 3 yards of fabric, then with what was left I made a half circle skirt, because i just like the half cirlcle skirt better than a full circle skirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 145 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 10/12
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 6/6
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 1/12
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 5/6
How to Crochet an 8 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 4/6
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...