A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
788 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hello kitty beaded bracelet, now with bead loom tutorial  (Read 18137 times)
Tags for this thread: hello_kitty , bead_loom , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 02, 2004 01:55:17 PM »

i found the pattern for this ages ago and i didn't save a link with it, so i can't reference you.  purin is a little hard to see, but i'm very happy with this.  i haven't played with a bead loom in some time and i forgot how fun it was.  i'll post a loom tutorial if there isn't one up around here somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004 03:56:50 PM by girlypirate » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004 01:59:44 PM »

that is super cool. i was just thinking about getting out the bead loom yesterday i haven't used it in at least ten years.

any chance you could scan the pattern? i'm assuming you printed it out but not sure
THIS ROCKS   Logged
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004 02:03:29 PM »

Yes! I love that!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
SarahFroggy
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004 02:07:16 PM »

nevermind i just did a quick google search and i found it. or similar anyways http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/3107/crafts/beaded.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004 03:56:31 PM »

tutorial for using a bead loom:
you need:
cotton warp thread
nylon beading weft thread
long rigid beading needle
seed beads
a bead loom, (of course)
  • Thread your loom with warp thread.
  •      This is the most tedious part of working with any type of loom.  If you want a piece 5 beads wide, you'll need 6 warp threads + 2 strands, 1 to
         reinforce each edge, each as long as your piece plus 12".  For the imaginary sample project, that makes 8 strands 2 feet long.
              Tie all strands to the stretching dowel, then lay all the strands into the center of the spring or spacing apparatus on each end.  Lay 2 threads
              into the first space, 1 into the next 4, and 2 in the last. Tie all strands onto the dowel on the other end, loosen the wing nut, and wind the
              dowel until all the strands are wound taut and even.  You are now ready to start beading.
  • Tie your weft thread onto the leftmost strands of warp thread, and thread your needle.

[li]String as many beads onto your needle as you have spaces in your project.  The example project has 5.[/li]

[li]Bring your needle underneath the warp threads, from left to right, and align each bead into a space between threads.  You will probably want to use your finger to press them upward and hold them in place.[/li]

[li]Bring your needle back through the beads, but this time over the warp threads.  The first few rows, bring your needle through the first bead, check the needle point to ensure it is going over the warp thread, and go to the next bead.  Do this across the row.[/li]
[li]Repeat down your piece.[/li]
[li]As you progress down your piece, you may find you have run out of room, especially if you are working on something long like a belt.  In this case, loosen both wingnuts, and wind the top bar up so the beadwork winds around the top dowel.  Re-tighten the top wingnut, then stretch the piece taut again with the bottom dowel, and re-tighten its wingnut.  I love that word.  Wingnut.[/li]
[li]As you progress down your piece, you will also probably run out of weft thread.  When this happens, just tie it to the leftmost warp thread, as you did in the beginning, and run the thread through the last row of beads and clip at the edge.  Tie on new thread, diguising the end in the same way, and keep on trucking.[/li]
[/list]
Have lots of fun and make many pretty seed beaded things.

All images are (c) me, so don't you dare steal my five minutes of doodle, got it?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004 03:59:15 PM by girlypirate » THIS ROCKS   Logged
shanola2789

Trampobics, it's the new craze :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004 04:05:57 PM »

O hooray! I have at least two bead loom kits, but no instructions.  And that is an awesome bracelet, too cute!

<3 Shannon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be uber creative, the world will love you.
unknownname
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005 06:57:26 AM »

thats so cute.
to bad i don't have the patients to do that.
(i threw mine across the room)  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mynta
Tutorial Contributor

True Mistress of Chaos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005 01:12:40 AM »

Iiip! This is so -so -so WoW!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

..yes, it IS like that! U should see my Craftingroom. Chaos, just chaos and Im the only one who can master that room.
jessiliee
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005 10:38:45 PM »

that is great i love miss kitty and all her fab friends now if i can just find that old bead loom of mine 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2005 10:44:09 PM »

cute!  And thanks for the tutorial, I've had a bead loom for ages and never used it.  Now I'll have to dig it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Earth Day Crafts for Kids
How to Make a Triangle Fold Room Card
How to Understand Crochet Stitch Counts
Gourd Farming for Art and Culture
Dainty Little Cocktail Dress
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...