A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ***CRAFT MY THEME SWAP*** CLOSED!!!!. Sendout August 18  (Read 7009 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006 05:09:07 AM »

So are we allowed to share our swap themes here? I was just wondering how everyone came up with their themes (other then because they like them). Like did you pick your themes just based on things you liked or are they themes from swaps you saw on craftster that you missed or want another round for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006 09:14:15 AM »

could you use colours as a theme if you wanted to?  like just say, as an example, suzy says:

1. post-it notes
2. roses
3. html
4. water
5. pink and purple

(these would not be my themes of course, i am just staring at random objects on my desk)

but would 2 colours be an acceptable theme?

ps: awesome swap idea

You can choose whatever you like for your themes!!!  Cheesy

And as far as how many themes you choose, I was thinking just one theme, but you can TOTALLY discuss that with your parnters and decide for yourselves, hey, why not!!!

cool!  thanks!  i am totally going to join - i love this idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
Kristen81
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006 09:24:59 AM »

So are we allowed to share our swap themes here? I was just wondering how everyone came up with their themes (other then because they like them). Like did you pick your themes just based on things you liked or are they themes from swaps you saw on craftster that you missed or want another round for?

SURE!!!  Great idea!!!!  Might help me match people up AAANNNDD give yout partner ideas!

Share away!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
AliBeachGrl
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006 06:33:16 PM »

Grin Cheesy  Count me in!  This looks like a whole lotta fun to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
hurricane_sc
Oh, Kara.

The people all call her Alaska.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006 07:44:55 AM »

I am so antsy! I can't wait for signups to be done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! Just ask me about them! I have tons of fabric to trade for maybe other fabric..or knitted or crochet items!!!

For swap partners:
http://librarianintherye.blogspot.com/
lady4feet
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006 10:45:03 AM »

I can't wait for sign ups to be over. I'll share my themes though. I put down ferrets just cause I love ferrets. Victorian/old world this is the decor of our living room but we don't have much in way of accessories. Forest friends, I missed this swap and am very impatiently waiting a round two. Recycled/earth friendly, I did the Earth day swap and it was awesome! In the swap we had to try to do the three R's (reduce, reuse and recycle). It really challenged me to take a different look at things around me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magick8ball

Nothing but lies and pictures of also lies!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006 01:57:16 PM »

I'm in, and I can't wait! Two of my themes are related- I play roller derby and my team is the Furious Truckstop Waitresses, so crafts based on either of those themes would make me the coolest girl on the track. I chose bicycles because I am transitioning to a minimal car lifestyle, and I love how my bike has changed my life. The other two are based on themed rooms in my apartment. The livingroom has a beach/tiki/luau thing going, and the bathroom has pinup girls (some on bicycles!). Right now, room themes are based entirely on wall decorations- mostly postcards and random objects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
germie
Cuts things to sew them back together

Smile. You don't know who's watching...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006 05:27:24 PM »

I'm so excited!!! My themes were pretty broad, i suppose. They included "asian", "neckties", and "children's books like the Giving Tree".. plus eco friendly and hippiness :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All it takes is a new bag to make a girl smile, and one smile can change the world.
AliBeachGrl
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006 02:49:58 PM »

My themes were pretty broad.  I chose:

1-Stars ~ cuz I love them & its my favorite symbol
2- Virgo ~ cuz I am one
3- Purple ~ I adore everything purple, my house is all kindas purple, all shades. 
4- Charmed ~ I love the show & have been on a kick watching all the old episodes.  & I'm pagan, so I love the symbols like the triquetra & all that.
5- Goddess(es) ~ powerful women, gotta love 'em.  Plus a few of my friends call me Ali Goddess de Jour.  I enjoy learning about the myths & powers & all that. 

Ok so that's mine.  Someone of them could be combined they are so broad.  Anyway I can't wait to see what everyone makes (& of course can't wait to see the cool stuff I  end up with!)... this is so fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
germie
Cuts things to sew them back together

Smile. You don't know who's watching...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006 02:55:59 PM »

AliBeachGirl-  A girl after my own heart! I wish I would have thought of paganism and purple.. or even goddesses ;-)  It sounds like your package could incorporate everything into a few crafts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All it takes is a new bag to make a girl smile, and one smile can change the world.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ian Gold on on the Book That Changed His Life
Joel Gold on the Book That Changed His Life
Nina Sankovitch on the Book That Changed Her Life
Cassandra Clare on the Book That Changed Her Life
Isla Morley on the Book That Changed Her Life
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...