A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,324
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Stuffies, Bunny, Cat, Bear...  (Read 275397 times)
Tags for this thread: stuffie , cat , bear , bunny , squirrel , stuffed_animal , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fluffysam
i love whales.

sewing, sewing, sewing some more

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2004 05:39:04 PM »

Ohhh...everybody is doing such great work!!  They're all so super cute!

I bought very nice fabric to make some of these little guys but I'm having trouble w/ the pattern.  (Maybe I should have picked something written in a language I know for my first pattern-following project!  Eeks!)  Here's where I'm stuck...none of the stuffies in this thread look like they have seams going down the fronts but it seems like they would have to.  Am I cutting the pieces wrong??  Smiley  Any help would be fabulous!  I'm taking a little sewing break for the evening I think but I'll try again tomorrow.  Thank you!!!

I think I know your problem.. I made this mistake with a few of my pieces the first time I cut them out. Cheesy All the pieces with a dashed line on the edge means that line should be placed on a fold, making a half circle a circle, etc.. lots of the pieces are like that. Cheesy Good luck! Take pictures! I'll take some tomorrow of mine!

How does everyone make them so fast? I've only made one, and am started on my second.. everyone else has done, like, five! Tongue I do have school, though, and I'm also making a Jordy bag.. hmm..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!
http://www.fluffyland.com

Fluffyland Craft & Sewing Blog
Photos & Tutorials & Haiku!
http://www.fluffyland.com/blog
karissabissa
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2004 06:44:11 PM »

fluffysam - THANK YOU!  heehee!  I started wondering if this was the case after I made my post but glad to know I'm not the only one who made the mistake.  I'm off to try again!  If I manage to get one made I will post a picture.  Can't wait to see yours.  Thanks again!  Smiley
-Karissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annafauna
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2004 07:17:46 AM »

It's not *really* a pattern, but I drew up a quick sketch of the shapes.

I hope you can tell how things fit together.  The length from A to B on the body (following the outside of the curve) should be the same as the lenth from tip (A) to tip (B) on the side panel.  A larger version of that 'pattern' is available at http://www.twelve22.org/things/owlpattern.jpg

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chubbybunny
How-to for the socially inept

rock is dead...long live paper and scissors

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2004 09:39:19 PM »

My mom helped with the sewing since her machine is new and I have no idea how to operate it yet ^^;; and the body isn't stuffed yet, but I had to share.  He's a little lopsided and definitely not perfect, but he's sorta cute too. ^_~  Pale blue cotton with white stars.

~Wren
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004 09:42:54 PM by ChubbyBunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sushimifune

Life is a gift-horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2004 11:46:18 PM »

Wow you're all so talented! I must go and do some myself!!!

ChubbyBunny, just a little advice: in order to avoid that curly fabric between the legs of the cat try to do this: on the wrong side of the fabric, once you have the puppy sewed, make little cuts that are perpendicular to the sewing line, of course in the fabric that's behind, not in the one that shows outside. My God, I don't know what I've written. I hope it makes sense for you. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chubbybunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2004 11:55:07 AM »

Wow you're all so talented! I must go and do some myself!!!

ChubbyBunny, just a little advice: in order to avoid that curly fabric between the legs of the cat try to do this: on the wrong side of the fabric, once you have the puppy sewed, make little cuts that are perpendicular to the sewing line, of course in the fabric that's behind, not in the one that shows outside. My God, I don't know what I've written. I hope it makes sense for you. Grin

We did do that, all the way around the sucker! *giggle*  It just looks wrinkly because I sorta manhandled it and folded it up a little before the pic was taken.  Now that the body is stuffed, it's a smooth line ^^ v  But thanks for the tip!  Grin

~Wren
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffysam
i love whales.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2004 01:21:14 PM »

What happened to her? She looks like a victim of a terrible crime! All her pieces are seperated!

I'm just kidding.. she's ADORABLE! I love that fabric, and her little eyes.. almost as cute as mine! Wink I MUST take a picture! *is lazy* Mine's small, and very very asymmetrical. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!

chubbybunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2004 07:27:50 PM »

What happened to her? She looks like a victim of a terrible crime! All her pieces are seperated!

I'm just kidding.. she's ADORABLE! I love that fabric, and her little eyes.. almost as cute as mine! Wink I MUST take a picture! *is lazy* Mine's small, and very very asymmetrical. Tongue

Lmao!  Well, I DID assemble her whilst watching CSI: Las Vegas *pondering look*^_~  Yay for asymmetrical...There's still more to be done: rhinoplasty (I decided I hate the nose button), tail surgery, and a matching bow/collar thing to hide my imperfect neck stitching...but it's mine! And I'm proud =P

Thanks so much for posting this pattern!  I can't wait to try another one! ^__________^

~Wren
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewing stars
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2004 06:36:25 AM »

that kitty is adorable! i hope you make lots more!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sewingstars.com
never forget how to fly...
fluffysam
i love whales.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2004 02:24:01 PM »

Yea, I put a bow on mine since my neck stitching was horrible. I tied my bow on the side so it looks more girly.. in the front it looked like a boy, and I didn't want it to. And, finally, a picture:

Grr.. my battery's dead! In a couple hours, I PROMISE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Family Portrait Photography
RF-602 Wireless Flash Trigger Review and Demonstration
Choosing Your First Lens for a DSLR Camera
How to Keep Your Batteries Powered in Your Photo Shoots
Photo Exhibition by Torkil Gudnason
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...