A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC swap 3 reveal!!  (Read 24305 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2006 12:47:58 PM »

Woohoo!  I received my Reveal package over the weekend!  I can't believe the great things that I received for this swap.  Here is a quick run through:

The small package:  Two lovely vinyl cuffs

The large package:  A gorgeous green and brown felted (or fulled) bag with wisteria blossoms and two hanks of Rowan Summer Tweed yarn in a light green color.

The surprise:  Three wet felted bowls (which I love), some beautiful and soft roving, and a pattern for knitting and felting (or fulling) bowls.

(The roving is so soft that I constantly pet it.  It will be hard for me to use it since it is so soft!)

Lastly, the reveal: A beautiful variegated green wool yarn for me to felt with...I think it will become a bowl.

My super Secret FOC'er was hoxierice, and she totally rules for spoiling me!  Thank you so much!  I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mata
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2006 01:19:36 PM »

Great stuff, jesintexas !!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2006 06:46:39 PM »

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!  Received my reveal!

*cue Wayne's World back-in-time sound*

To refresh your collective memories ...

My small package -- a bracelet that I wear at leat twice a week & a lovely bookmark.

My large package -- a tote with matching pouch, a PANTA!!!, a Diet Coke attitude magnet (on my file cabinet at work), and some pretty floral fabric.

My purchased things -- cute journal & stickers (which I absolutely adore).

And, lastly, my AMAZING reveal!  A GORGEOUS lap quilt!  It's so, so pretty and cuddly and perfect.  And MINE!  The cats can't have it!  It's mine, mine, MINE!

Thank you so much, Homerof2!  You were a wonderful, amazing, and truly thoughtful FOC!  I love and use everything.  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2006 06:51:36 PM »

Jess - that roving looks incredibly soft.  I can't wait to see the things you learn to make!

Cinderly - what great stuff!

Homerof2 - what a pretty quilt!  I love the colors.  I made my parents a purple quilt.  I love to make simple quilts - they are so much fun!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2006 07:09:38 PM »

Quote from: SevsOnlyGirl
Homerof2 - what a pretty quilt!  I love the colors.

There's actually a little story behind that quilt - I received the squares in another swap I was in (while I was still collecting purple and yellow fabric) but since they were already cut that size, I couldn't use them in my quilt.  So, when I found out that Cinderly liked purple, I thought it would be wonderful to sew them together into a quilt for her and it went so quick since the cutting was already done for me Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ctgirl
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2006 08:43:32 PM »

I recieved my reveal package over the weekend and I love it.  I honestly think that I had the best FOC, everything she send me suited me perfectly. 

The small package....

a couple "extras"

The large package.....

The suprise package.....

And the reveal.....

A lovely skein of yarn, a DP needle case which I have deperately wanted but haven't bother to make myself one (though it feels like I have made tons for other people.....)  I love that you used D-rings to close it.  It is a really nice touch.  Inside the needle case were some Brittany size 1 DP needles, stitch markers (which I am always losing) and a couple darning needles.  Thank you so much tristitia!!!!  I have loved everything that you have sent!

And my "its a small world" story about this swap.  I happened to recieve my first package at the same day my sister Rachel was visiting.  So I asked her if she had any idea where the return address was because it was a Chicago address.  It turns out my FOC was trying to be sneaky and send out packages using her work address and my sister used to work in the same office.  She was determined to find out who was sending the packages.  And I guess she went into work asking around leading to what tristitia called a "massive witch hunt."  Ha ha.  But now I think my sister no longer thinks I am a wierd for sending strangers packages in the mail.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2006 08:45:57 PM »

i must say i LOVE that skirt!

and all my friends think im weird for sending strangers packages, until they see the goodies i get in return!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2006 08:46:36 PM »

i love that yarn! fearless fibers is on my favorites list on etsy, she has some cool looking yarn, now if only i could knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2006 03:16:49 AM »

I know what you mean about people thinking you're weird, devilninny, Ive tried explaining it to friends at work and I get a lot of "smile and nod" Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2006 03:22:31 AM »

I love that skirt, ctgirl!  Lucky you!

Yesterday I wore the skirt superstitch made me and people at work asked where I got it.  I said, "A girl in Texas made it."  They looked at me oddly and one gal said, "That's a strange label, I've never heard of them."LOLOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art and The Occult
Artist Uses Smoke to Create Stunning Paintings
Art Worth $30 Million Found in Garage
Free Agents Set It Off in Miami
Piero Della Francesca: Incorporating the Home Into Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...