A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brown paper lunch bags? Going crazy over here!  (Read 1445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rhicooqui
« on: June 28, 2006 07:50:28 AM »

I want some! Well....lots actually! I'm in the UK, if anyone can tell me where to get some from, for a decent price. I've looked online, the total would come to about 20. Which if I'm forced to, I will pay - but I just thought I'd check you lovely crafty people!

Alternately, if there are any yanks out there who would want to do a personal swap with me. I'd be more than willing to swap some UK items you fancy, for a stash of brown paper bags!

I just want some bags!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennique
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006 01:26:24 PM »

I want some! Well....lots actually! I'm in the UK, if anyone can tell me where to get some from, for a decent price. I've looked online, the total would come to about 20. Which if I'm forced to, I will pay - but I just thought I'd check you lovely crafty people!

Alternately, if there are any yanks out there who would want to do a personal swap with me. I'd be more than willing to swap some UK items you fancy, for a stash of brown paper bags!

I just want some bags!!

I don't know about the UK but you can buy them at the grocery store here, and the dollar store. Just out of curiousty what are you planning to do with them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~jenny
shorty3boys

Life is short, JEEP nekid!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006 01:43:37 PM »

rhicooqui ~ i can so get you some, waaaay cheaper than 20! pm me your address and let me know how many you want!
i'm an american living in england and can get them on base, like 50 bags for under $1.00!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it at them hard enough Smiley

MY Wists.....
http://www.wists.com/dirtyjeepgirl75
Myspace.....
http://www.myspace.com/shorty3boys

My Ravelry ID: shorty3boys
rhicooqui
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006 04:57:43 AM »

shorty i *heart* you! big time!

jennique i need them for paper bag journals. a couple of people have asked me to do some, but ive run out of bags! you lucky thing getting them in the dollar store!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006 05:03:54 AM »

Paper bag journals are my newest addiction!!  They are loads of fun!  I would also be happy to be a US source for you--I get 75 bags for $1.  I prefer the brown ones but there are also white ones.  Just PM me if you ever need more sweetie!!

How generous of shorty to assist you for now!!  I am sure all bases carry them!! We like our lunch bags for all sorts of things, ha ha!

Have fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhicooqui
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006 05:06:42 AM »

Aw thanks so much always! That's so kind of you. You never know, I may take you up on it! I welcome private swaps anyway, so if you ever wanted to do it that way i'd be willing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennique
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006 08:25:59 AM »

How does a paper bag journal work, I am just getting into journal making. Do you just cut apart the bags and use the paper?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~jenny
cherryrose
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006 10:43:59 AM »

I love paperbag scrapbooks and would love to make one myself, but where I live I don't know where to get them! Maybe someone here could send me some, I'll pay for shipping costs of course. I live in the netherlands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I'm up for personal swaps!*
http://www.wists.com/cherryrose
rhicooqui
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006 12:18:14 PM »

Jennique this is a link showing one way to make one. I personally bind them, but you can use brads, ribbons, keychains, whatever takes your fancy!

http://canadascrapbooks.com/ubbthreads/Articles/Heather0505.php

cherryrose, sucks not to have bags. When mine ran out i paniced a bit Wink I hope you find someone kind enough to send you some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennique
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006 07:48:19 AM »

Jennique this is a link showing one way to make one. I personally bind them, but you can use brads, ribbons, keychains, whatever takes your fancy!

http://canadascrapbooks.com/ubbthreads/Articles/Heather0505.php

cherryrose, sucks not to have bags. When mine ran out i paniced a bit Wink I hope you find someone kind enough to send you some.

Thanks for the link. I tried my own way by cutting off the bottom of the bag and slicing it open then refolding it. I may be tempted to try this way too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~jenny
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006 08:21:10 AM »

The purpose of using the bags is to get the little envelope that can be used to insert pages for photos, ticket stubs, etc.  Otherwise, why not just use plain brown wrapping paper.  You get four "pages" from one bag so it makes it quick to get together.

I used cardboard for the front and back covers:

I used about 8 bags in this one, folded in half, scrapbook paper inserted in the "pockets".  I suggest making some sort of ribbon or other closure as they do not want to stay shut:

Cherryrose--if you still want bags, PM me.  I would hate for anyone to be deprived of this fun and creative craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luciabug
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006 08:35:05 AM »

I'm from the UK and I've never seen those before -Awthome!!!

Something funny just happened.... I tried that website (http://canadascrapbooks.com) and the stupid screening thing on my work computer said I cannot access this "malicious website"!!!!! I'm sure it's not though Smiley

Hah...  I love your journal always' it looks like a little record collection! ! Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006 09:11:16 AM »

that is really cool! good use of paper bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
shooting star
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006 12:34:25 PM »

I love the paper bag books.  I would so like to attempt to make some of these, but alas I don't have any brown paper bags (as I'm also in the UK) and I don't know how to book bind.  So alas, I think I don't have any hope in trying to make these!  I will just have to admire them from afar
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006 07:12:12 PM »

rhicooqui ~ i can so get you some, waaaay cheaper than 20! pm me your address and let me know how many you want!
i'm an american living in england and can get them on base, like 50 bags for under $1.00!

If she can't get them for you, I would be happy to help you out...Please PM me for details. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

doeayes
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006 08:57:37 PM »

i could check out the post office and see if the shipping isn't bad.  like our flat rate envelope - can put a brick in it as long as it fits!  i think they have the same for international.  so i may be up for sending some your way as well!  the bags are cheap, but well see about shipping. i might just throw in some happy do dads that i'm not gonna use, but are pretty anyway.  pm me with the addy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhicooqui
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006 02:47:10 AM »

Aw, everyone is so lovely! Crafters rule the world!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Salted Caramel Macarons
How to Make Rose Water Macarons
KD101: Chocolate Fondue Recipe
How To Make a Mini King Cake
How to Make a Malteaser Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...