A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Albany/Saratoga area craft shows??  (Read 2429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

serpenvirens
« on: August 01, 2004 07:54:38 PM »

Hi!

Anyoneknow of any Saratoga/Albany area, or Sacandaga lake area craft shows?  I know of only the "professional" ones, I'm looking for some local school fairs or town fairs where I can sell my things...I've only done it a couple of times before and am a little nervous about doing bigger shows.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004 01:28:23 PM »

Yes, sort of....

You mention Saratoga and Sacandaga. I live in Galway. I am going to pm you my email and I want you to send me pictures if you have any of what you make. A friend of mine and I have been putting together an online catalog for peoples things but also will be holding a show in her house (it's in guilderland, an old tavern, easy drive from here).

Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004 06:49:15 AM »

If anyone is in my area contact me please. I'll be putting together an invitation-only show before the holidays so we hope to make some money. In addition to this my business partner and I are almost done with our online catalog and we will be using unconventional ways to get it promoted and, again, will be making some chump change.

This is not some stupid sales pitch or anything. This is a really unique thing for our area. NO DUCKS!!!!! Know what I mean? We're looking for cool artsy stuff and not plastic canvas crafts. Do you have somethinng beautiful and different and you want to see if it sells and if does make some money but not really do all the work? I'm your girl. Write back to me. I'm a stay at home mom so I have loads of time to dedicate to this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004 01:29:41 PM »

NOVEMBER 6th.

That's when I'm hosting a craft show. I don't want it to sound hokey, because it's not. It's more like a crafty artisan show. If you live in the area and have a nice crafty item to sell, let me know. I check this site everyday hoping someone will respond. Oh, I am sooooo pathetic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
butterglory
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004 09:44:58 AM »

how did your craft show last month go?  i hope to get some things together to sell after the holidays.  i live in albany.  do you work at alfred's?  my mom tells me that a gal from alfred's reminds her of me. 

rene
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004 06:37:44 PM »

Renee............. YES!!!!! That's me. I met you today. This is so great I met someone online (and not in the sleazy sense... lol). Actually, the show is this Saturday. If you have stuff, even just a little, bring it over. I am headed to Albany tomorrow night after work to pick up some art to sell. I really need stuff. REALLY need stuff. Know anyone with neat things? I'll take them. And let's get together sometime. Maybe knit a little.

You can call me at Alfred's on Friday from 6-9 if you have anything to sell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
Lady Crafter
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004 06:36:05 AM »

Hey...  I live near Albany, and was wondering how your show went?  Is you online catalog up and running??  etc, etc, etc......  Thanks......

THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004 07:22:39 AM »

the show in my house didn't go well. It looked great, but no one came. Long story. Don't want to get into the ugly details. And as for the on-line catalog, I might have to fly solo on this one. I love my friend, but she's ignoring me. WHY?HuhHuh?? Oh, why?Huh Anyhoo, I still have plans for that. And someday a real store where people can come in and really see and touch. It may be hard to sell tactile items online. I dunno. never done it before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
Lady Crafter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004 08:12:02 AM »

Sorry things didn't go too well for you.  I've always had a dream of a consignment craft store similar to Coomer's.  There are a few locally, but a LOT of WOOD, and not too much else.  My ideal thing would be fabric on one side and crafts on the other.   I think the area definitely needs a GOOD fabric store.

I stopped at Alfred's in Latham the other day (hadn't been there in a while) and saw that he cut his space in half.  What's up with Alfred's?  Is he just getting tired after all these years?   Closing Scotia and cutting his space in Latham isn't a good sign!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sage Flavored Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
Onion and Cheddar Cheese Cornbread Sticks Recipe
Brown Sugar and Pepper Glazed Bacon Recipe
Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole Recipe
Italian Sausage Hoagies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...