A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,581
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Today I am Capt. Jack Sparrow AND I made a mini dress! (Many Pics and Tutorial!)  (Read 87102 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Megami
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006 09:32:45 PM »

was the store urban outfitters? cuz that place is mad expensive, especially on newbury street. (my friends apartment is on that street and i visited him friday and took shelter in there from the massive rain storm that appeared out of nowhere, and i was amazed by the expensive-ness and now have about 6 things i saw there that i am going to make myself instead)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babymates
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006 10:00:05 PM »

was the store urban outfitters? cuz that place is mad expensive, especially on newbury street. (my friends apartment is on that street and i visited him friday and took shelter in there from the massive rain storm that appeared out of nowhere, and i was amazed by the expensive-ness and now have about 6 things i saw there that i am going to make myself instead)

Actually it was called anthropology I do believe.  But argh!-god-yes!!! to Urban Outfitters.  They smeer paint over a faded teal t-shirt and that's suppose to be worth $25?!  I should think NOT!  That store is a good place to go and say "Ooh! I can make this, for a LOT less!"
The original shirt from Anthropology is actually 70something$ online, I don't know why.

fantastic!  it does, indeed, look great on you.  as a random aside, i'm moving to boston in september (excitement!) and am entirely clueless about the area, so the heads up is much appreciated.  Smiley

But don't let that taint you from Boston, we still have some pretty kick-bum trift stores.  *swoons*   Maybe I'll see you around, we'll do lunch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

star69

Summer swappin' fever and writing inspiration!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2006 08:03:11 PM »

Can I tell you how awesome that dress and tute is, Captain? I salute you, your shirt, and your jar of dirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PpCakes
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2006 09:23:46 AM »

that is amazing. i want one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
tivaclare
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006 12:43:57 PM »

I ADORE it!! And thanks for the tute! They are useful for people like me who want to sew, but can't always see the "how to".

I always find things I love, but in the wrong size, so this is great. Thanks again!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonfairy

Credendo Vides

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2006 12:54:34 PM »

Oh my, that`s a beautiful dress  Shocked
I love the color and the motive  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
unsay
nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2006 04:03:04 PM »

When I went to the Urban Outfitters on Newbury, I headed straight for the sale rack and found a sweet pair of cropped wool trousers that someone else had already reconned!  I need to take the legs in, but they are amazing and were only $20.  Overall I like the vibe and the styles in there, but yeah, some of it is mad expensive.  So... go to Garment District, haha.

Anything, even overpriced stuff I could make, is better than what we've got up here in Maine =P
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dinostar
Fun Bunny

Stay Crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2006 09:03:29 PM »

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scary Teri
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2006 09:54:50 PM »

neato Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The connotations wearing my nerves thin
Could it be semantics generating the mess we're in?
I understand that language breeds stereotype
But what's the explanation for the malice, for the spite?
Lady_In_Red
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2006 06:16:47 AM »

wow!! yours look a lot better than the boughten one, awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." -John Lennon
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
iPhone Photography Tips
Understanding White Balance
Pet Photography Tips
Digital Photography Editing Software
Flash Photography Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...