A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Today I am Capt. Jack Sparrow AND I made a mini dress! (Many Pics and Tutorial!)  (Read 87343 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spanarabica

Lordi, Lordi, Lordi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006 10:22:47 PM »

That is really awesome and cute.  We have an outbreak of pirate fever in my home at the moment.  My son is designing and sewing his own jolly roger.  He also randomly dresses up as a pirate when the mood suits him.  He's six, but I think he'd let you play too  Wink .  Once again, great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dropdeadthreads
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006 04:28:13 AM »

Wow.. I love this.. It's so simple but beautiful! Looks great with jeans! WELL DONE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rostitchery

almost perfect is good enough

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006 05:21:23 AM »

holy cow that is adorable!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

who i am: www.ella-echo.com
what i do:  www.rostitchery.com

"when was the last time you did something for the first time?"
just_gemz

It's raining sunshine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006 05:35:15 AM »

"I said to myself, "Self, you can make this."  So I did!"
LMAO..
And an awesome dress!
Still LMAO Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my4kidz
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006 06:01:04 AM »

I love it it is so cute

I see you added a tied back to it was it that simple? or did you have to alter the whole shirt?
Love it love it

That is really awesome and cute.  We have an outbreak of pirate fever in my home at the moment.  My son is designing and sewing his own jolly roger.  He also randomly dresses up as a pirate when the mood suits him.  He's six, but I think he'd let you play too  Wink .  Once again, great job!

don't mean to thread hijack but I had to coment on this: wow he is 6 and sewing how cool is that!!!! is he hand sewing or useing the macheine? I ask because My 6 yr old son shows alot of intrest when I sew and I would love to teach him
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006 06:12:58 AM »

Excellent shaping! And the tie in the back is GENIUS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006 06:18:15 AM »

Absolutely stunning!  I love the string tie on the back.  Are you going to do a tute?  (Pretty please? With pirates on top?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lopeets

"i made you muffins!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006 07:15:44 AM »

i love the design on that shirt. i wish i could find cute shirts that cheap, i mostly find unprinted or shirts i wish weren't printed.

we should have a craftster pirate day.. where we all make our own pirate costumes and post on the same day and vote for the best one. or just do a pirate swap. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babymates
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006 07:18:20 AM »

I love it it is so cute

I see you added a tied back to it was it that simple? or did you have to alter the whole shirt?
Love it love it

Thank you for your kind words, yes, I had to resize the entire shirt.  The neck is diffent too and the sleeves are shorter.  And then I added the ties last.

THANK YOU everyone for the super sweet comments!
VietxVictoria, we definately walked passed each other, maybe next time I'll catchya.
And yes raining_dreams and smashergrl, I will post a tutorial, I just need to find a way to include pictures...  Really I'm just jazzed you're interested... keep in touch!
THANKS AGAIN. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CosmicCarrot
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006 08:13:02 AM »

Quote from: CosmicCarrot on June 27, 2006, 11:40:39 PM
the shirt thing is pretty sweet....but i really wanted to comment on the fact that you just randomly decided to be captain jack. do you do this often? because if you just decide to be captain jack every once in a while, i think you should be my new best friend. i am now going to go dig through my closet for my captain jack costume....

Actually, I do declare a pirate day for myself now and then.  Believe it or not, my icon is me in my pirate costume.  You can find the full size picture here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=95695.0 from one of my pirate days.  My dream is to go down to Boston harbor in my pirate getup and stare longingly at the ships sometime.  You should come with! 
I got the Capt. Jack scarf from a little kid's playset in Target.  Who could resist?! It came with his sparrow tattoos!

haha, i would LOVE to come! too bad i live in new brunswick, canada. heheh, well it's a dream, staring at boats. they'll ask us to go away. we reply, "but it's such i pretty boat. ship."  oh, it would be a great time. anyway, i'd need to find some new pirate boots because mine were commandeered from my friend. then i broke them.  Roll Eyes
and the sparrow tattoos! i got my mommy to paint them on my for halloween haha, but then i realised it was on the wrong arm! i was devestated. well not really, but it was disappointing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Develop Your Own Manga Characters
How to Draw a Manga Head Shape and Facial Features
ART BASEL 2012: An Inside Look at the Best Exhibits From the Miami Art Fest
How to Use a Palette Knife
What Is Acrylic Paint?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...