A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,773
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: travel pack  (Read 897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2004 06:15:48 PM »

i am going on a 12 hour trip to texas and was woundering if anybody had any good ideas for stuff to  do in the car. i have my scetch book, colored pencils, magnetic poetry in a travel size tin and a notebook. i just need a few more ideas. i cant bring  a  book or magazines  because  i get car sick if i read while riding in a car. now when i was in high school i could read and do my homework while riding the bus but now i cant read while riding in the car. o well. any suggestions are welcome
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004 07:14:09 PM »

I love the little word find books you buy in the check out line at the supermarket.

knitting, crochet, cross stitch, or embroidery are all good car crafts, but they might make you feel car sick.

the only other thing I ever bring is my cd player.  have fun!   Cheesy

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004 07:18:52 PM »

If other people are in the car get your self a couple of mad lib books or I think you can do a google search and find some on the www for free. They are very short reading so should not make you sick and everyone gets to play along. I still love travel bingo and you can find that in most bookstores in the kids section ( or you could probably make some yourself) . Books on tape or cd are available at the public library here. I always have one in my car. andf my all time fav car activity when I am not driving is 3d firework glasses. If you can find them, they make beautiful rainbows everywhere and are way cool at night whenthe lights are speeding by! Cheap too... I have never paid over 1.50 for a pair. Lastly... again if you are not alone... print out some lyrics for your fav songs and have a sing along... just skip the bottles of beer on the wall.... Happy Trails! Grin
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004 05:05:33 AM »

My husband and I take lots of road trips.  We always take a box or stack of Trivial Persuit cards.  We're traveling and increasing our silly trivia knowledge!  Also, we usually have our camera on hand to snap pics along the way. Especially of surprising funny town names or signs.

the Blog: www.prwdot.org
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004 07:20:23 AM »

I do my best crafting on road trips. :-) My brother and I have a Long commute on Sundays and Mondays and he always drives so I craft. I usually work on embroidery, stitching around felt appliques ironed onto the fabric before the trip, sometimes I take sharp little scissors, thread, and some canvas and just make some random toy and handstich it. It REALLY makes the time go faster. Usually we get where we're going and I'm like "Can we drive around the block like 10 times so I can finish this?"

Try tracing some cute patterns or shapes on boring purses, shirts, socks, whatever and stiching the pattern on the road.

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004 08:19:21 AM »

i love to knit in the car - you can get so much done in what would otherwise be down time.  It's great.  And if you're doing something relatively simple, you don't even have to look at it, so you won't get car sick.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
TGIF: 3 Ways To Wear Suede
Alaskan Angler Recycles Fish Into Clothes
The Fool-Proof Way to Tie Your Shoes
Oscar Style: What the Stars Should Wear
Victorias Secret Swim - Trailer 21
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...