A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: LITTLE VISTOR SWAP #4!! SIGN UP CLOSED SEND BY JULY 12 and AUGUST 9  (Read 10849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 27, 2006 12:47:18 AM »

Swap name: The Little Visitor Swap Round 4
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: crafty_dame
Sign-up date range: June 27- July 5
Date to send item by: 
send your stuffy by July 12
send your partners stuffy home by August 9 (well see how this goes, but let s try. the stuffies will be getting homesick by then!)

Limited to a certain number of people? i think 24. but well see how it goes. i really dont want this to be a huge swap, given how complicated it can be.

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!

All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages, provided you have permission if you need it!

Organizer will not allow members with negative feedback to participate: agreed.

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: yes! and i like the additional rules from the previous swaps, so im going to keep them -
in addition, you must of been a member for at least two months and have thirty posts.
and im adding my own rule too-
if youre shipping to a different country, you must be willing to ship using a method that takes around 3 weeks or less (no surface shipping to europe that takes 6 weeks! its not fair to your partner or to me!).

Details of swap:
Round 1: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50496.0
Round 2: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=69949.0
Round 3: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=85465.0

its summer (at least up here), and time for travel! if you cant travel, live vicariously through your stuffy! even if you are traveling, heres an opportunity to see more!

you will send a stuffy to your partner by july 12 along with a bio and contract your partner will sign and send back promising to love and care for your stuffy as if it was their own.

ill post a suggested bio once partners are matched up, but feel free to add more, or change the format. maybe your stuffys bio should be a letter of introduction, or a mini-zine about them?

once you receive your partners stuffy, show them around! youll visit at least 8 different areas/parts of town/activities so that they can get the real experience of your community.

youll make the stuffy some sort of clothing or accessory to remember their trip by, and take pictures everywhere you go. collect memorabilia as well, and use it with the pictures to make a small scrapbook of their trip.

the scrapbook can be a small photo album, a purchased book, a handmade book, whatever youd like (and whatever you think your partner and their stuffy would like!) be creative, and be descriptive, so that your partner can feel as though they were there too!

send your visitor home by August 9! feel free to toss in a few extra souvenirs or anything else to show how much fun you had!

to reiterate:

-send your stuffy, its bio and the contract to your partner by July 12
- sign your partners contract and mail it back AS SOON as you receive their stuffy
- take your little visitor around town and show them the sights! Make sure they have fun, and stay safe!
- make the scrapbook, and some small wardrobe item for the stuffy (like a scarf, bikini, necklace, hat, bag, whatever)
- mail the stuffy, its new wardrobe item, the scrapbook, and any souvenirs you want to throw in back to your partner by August 9

IF YOU ARE MAILING WITHIN YOR OWN COUNTRY, YOU MUST GET A DC NUMBER when you send your stuffy and when you send your partners back! if youre mailing internationally, you MUST KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! i suggest taking a picture of your receipt right away, so that you dont have to worry about losing it by the time we start to worry about your package!

PLEASE PUT "LITTLE VISTOR SWAP" in the subject line of your PMs! it makes it soo much easier for me!

im going to be randomly checking in with everyone, but please stay in contact with your partner as well. if you havent heard from your partner for a while, please let me know! i hope we dont have any flakers, but if we do, its better if we catch them quick!

THIS IS A COMPLICATED SWAP AND ITS LONGER THAN MOST. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read everything before you sign up, and make sure you can commit to everything.

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE CHOOSING A STUFFY TO SEND-

- small is better than large. not only do you have to ship it, your partner has to ship it back!
- swaps arent perfect, and neither is the mail system. please dont send something youd be heartbroken to lose.
- for better photos, send a stuffy thats poseable
- your partner might have allergies, so its best not to send something your cat loves to cuddle up with or thats been sitting on a shelf next to your incense collection!
- stuffy doesnt have to mean stuffed animal, feel free to send some sort of a doll instead!

IM GOING TO BE PRETTY STRICT ABOUT FEEDBACK- ill go along with pink_mafias feedback comments, because theyre fabulous. see below.

great swapper- for those who follow all the rules
Did not thank partner or pm organizer when package was received- for those with bad manners
Poor communication- if you don't respond to my pm's but have been logging on to craftster
Shipped late (w/ or w/o communication)
Did not purchase DCN (unless you are not in US)

If youre up for it, PM me your info and post here on the thread. That way Ill know that youll get notification of anything I post here.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

20 people! SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED!

thanks to littlesailor for collecting the links from previous rounds -

This is a small one that fits into a no. 10 envelope: 
http://www.lucidfruit.com/crafts/StuffyContract1.pdf

This is one that was created during the last swap: 
http://www.lucidfruit.com/crafts/LittleVisitorAgreement01.pdf

And here's the same one with color:
http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swapcontract2um.png

Ohhh... and here's a link to the bio thing from the last swap:
http://thestuffmaker.livejournal.com/11346.html

partners-

okay, so this is kinda confusing with all the different sendings and receiving. therefore, i'm doing three lists! hopefully that makes it clearer.

the third sending - stuffies going home!
lisiepeasie <-> highschoolcrafter
alocaltale  <-> Sarah-
Ambo <-> Jenefor
ILoveGummyWorms <-> beautifulloser

ktsls82 <-> Sarcastra
batgirl <-> crafty_dame
katiad <-> kitty1256 (AUG 23)
highway16 <-> littlesailor
devilninny <-> TheWorldFamous

Magpie_eyes <-> BambiKhantastic

sent stuffy and scrapbook home
received own stuffy and scrapbook
sent partner's stuffy and received own stuffy
swappers with a strike through have feedback!

and of course, RED MEANS CONTACT ME ASAP!

angels -

vanillaxlight is angeling for kitty1256
listener15 is angeling for sarcastra

gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106504.msg1012432#msg1012432
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006 11:14:04 AM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
mata
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006 01:00:57 AM »

I'd love to join!! But I'll have to pass.. I'm getting married the 31st of July and I'm afraid I won't have enough time. For a sec I contemplated the idea of taking the visiting stuffie to our honeymoon.. but I don't think it would be a good idea  Roll Eyes
Sooooo.. see you all in round 5!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006 07:19:08 AM »

I'm sooo in!!!  Off to PM in my information.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006 07:28:40 AM »

I loved Round 3...but my family would kill me if i did it again! *boyfriend nods*  It's tons of fun ladies, so enjoy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006 08:22:29 AM »

a few questions before i sign up...
my stuffed uglydoll icebat louie has been dying to do this swap since i told him about it. 
but he is
a) a store bought stuffy...is that ok?
b) exposed to my three cats, because what in my house isnt?!  they dont love on him too much and i plan to vaccuum him off before i send, but i cant promise he will be 100% cat hair free.  im hoping that finding a partner that isnt allergic would be ok.  maybe even someone who has cats, because louie might miss having kitties around!

let me know what you think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheWorldFamous

Gotta Love Me Cuz I'm Famous!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006 08:54:34 AM »

Devilninny - doesn't matter if stuffy was storebought; the other Little Visitor swap had store bought stuffies.  We still love them just the same!  Any if worst comes to worst, I'll show stuffy around town, because I have 2 cats and 3 dogs, so I'm not too bothered.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006 11:15:48 AM »

yay!  ok great at least someone has volunteered to foster louie.  we were telling him last nite that he better behave himself.  i'll send our info in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hiptobeme
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006 11:31:10 AM »

Put me as a maybe, Im not sure there are 8 things to do here Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taking a break from Craftster so I can finish up my swaps!
ILoveGummyWorms
Co-President of the Monkey Jungle

Creating chaos since 1981

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006 03:18:23 PM »

I'll be sending info as soon as I have a little more time...this sounds like awesome fun! Of course., I live in a small town, and so "the sights" are not many... but we'll find stuff. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. --Thomas Edison

I love this job more than I love taffy... and I'm a man that loves his taffy. --Mayor Adam West
beautifulloser
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006 03:48:25 PM »

I sent in my info! Now to figure out who to send on vacation...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spraying and Curling the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Diagonal Sectioning the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Sectioning the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Get Jessica Simpson Hair
How to Arrange a Harajuku Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...