A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ohio Craft show?  (Read 19581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

campykids
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2004 10:29:21 PM »

hi all,
i found another group of people putting the same together in baltimore...  maybe they can help with ideas

http://www.mypapercrane.com/anticraft.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2004 11:22:38 AM »

I'm an Ohioan.  I am interested in the possiblity of being a vendor too.  I live in a teeny village outside of Toledo - so unfortunately I really don't have any great ideas regarding a possible place to host the craft show .... Embarrassed

I wish I could throw more ideas at you all - but I've only done a few crafts shows [ the country crochet duck type] and it was a fiasco for me.  I'm excited to see a show being organized for diy-indie type craftsters like myself & my consigners  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2004 11:24:12 AM by artzyfartzy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mbp
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004 07:50:13 PM »

I'm in Columbus and brand new to this but this sounds like a fantastic idea. I've been making all kinds of stuff from cigar box purses, magnets, funky painted furniture jewelry and kids "dress-up" play clothes. I've never sold any of it or done a show... all of it goes to gifts and sometimes trade or benefits.... but my I've been talking with several other crafty friends informally about finding a craft show where we could be vendors and sell some of our crafts. For me it's a space and supplies issue. I'm running out of space for all my finished stuff and it would be a real budget boost if I could finance the supplies I need to feed my "craft habit"  by selling some of my wares at a show. My current job is pretty intense so I don't know how much help I'd be in organizing and planning...but I'm interested in adding myself to your vendor list. Location preference would be Columbus but the Cleveland area would work too. Has anyone suggested turning this into a benefit/charity event where a portion ( 5-10% ) of the proceeds go to support a non-profit arts programs for children or something like that? You might be able to get some venue, promotions, etc...donations and support to off-set costs if you partner with a group like that. I don't mean to sound naive but do I need a permit of some kind to participate? What about taxes  or reporting? I'm still so green about the business end Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
udandi

www.udandi.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2004 07:19:42 AM »

welcome to the boards, mbp!

For 2004, we're are looking at Cleveland.

Another suggested benfitting a charity in exchange for having them help with the promotion of this event.

From what I know from other organizers the table fees are collected in part to secure the permit(s) for the event.  

As for tax, each vendor would be responsible for filing the proper forms to collect tax, this includes hobby crafters even though the may not run a web site and/or store.  
« Last Edit: January 30, 2004 07:26:22 AM by udandi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

---
short attention span projects at http://www.udandi.com
TuffJess

Let's make some Miss-Chief!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004 11:53:05 AM »

Hi!  I'm just writing to say that I'm a Pittsburgh crafter who would definitely make the couple-hour trip to Cleveland for such a fair.  I bet there are a lot of people within a radius of a few hours who would love to attend as well.  When I first heard about the Bizarre Bazaar I was so jealous!  Pittsburgh has many Arts Festivals, but they all have really prohibitve vendor's fees.  I have sold my stuff at La Superette in NYC, there I believe the organizer took 10% of all sales to split between her and the gallery at which it was held.  I just wanted to say Hello and let you know that you can count me in for things like publicity here, or anything else you might need help with!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do something pretty while you can" --Belle and Sebastian

Buy Miss Chief!
http://www.misschiefshop.com
udandi

www.udandi.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2004 07:51:28 AM »

Hi!  I'm just writing to say that I'm a Pittsburgh crafter who would definitely make the couple-hour trip to Cleveland for such a fair.  I bet there are a lot of people within a radius of a few hours who would love to attend as well.  

That's what I'm hoping for!   It's 4 hours from Cincinnati to Clevleand and last I drove 5 hours to visit my chums and take them to the Renegade Craft Fair.

please let me know if you come across other crafters who might be interested in this show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---
WearableRainbows
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2004 09:17:17 AM »

Smiley Hello to everyone.  I just found this forum today and wanted to say I would love to be a vendor at a Ohio craft show.  I am in the Dayton area, but am willing to travel to Cleveland if necessary.  

There is a fairly new convention center on RT 71 about 15 miles south of the outlet malls in Jeffersonville. I don't know what they charge, but I pass it on my way to work everyday.  It is called the Roberts Center  and I would be happy to research the contact information if requested.

I make and sell cosutme jewelry and have been disappointed with a craft show I participated in in November.  I have had moderate success with other craft shows however.  

Elaine Wood
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bitter-girl.com

I'm not a llama, but I've kissed an alpaca!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004 03:51:34 PM »

Hey! I knew the Pittsburgh-ites would be in if we did it in Cleveland! (Payback for all the times we've driven to your fair city to go to IKEA)  Wink

In updates and news, as I told Andi, I'm waiting to hear back from the one location and have just been given a heads-up on a new one...

--shannon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shannon okey :: www.knitgrrl.com :: knit, spin, more
www.anezkahandmade.com/catalog :: my shop
redpixiegrrl

Spinsters of the world unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2004 12:03:29 PM »

Hey All,

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.....sounds like a cool  idea...I've been away from the web and doing crafty stuff because of  
personal reasons, but things are going better now....

I do graphic design/PR so I can help out in that area....I'd love to also sell some of my wares.....let me know how things are going!

Jodi
redpixiegrrl

PS: This might be another event to sell your wares at in Cols....
http://www.ladyfestohio.org/
getting more info...(or if you are not interested in selling stuff...anyone else going?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For kitsch and retro fun, visit my Swell Spinster Store!

http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/home/default.asp?cid=238469330628156288
udandi

www.udandi.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2004 01:26:36 PM »

PS: This might be another event to sell your wares at in Cols....
http://www.ladyfestohio.org/
getting more info...(or if you are not interested in selling stuff...anyone else going?)

I've contacted them and they are planning to have "markets" or vendors booths, but they didn't have any details yet, so I asked to be kept updated on that.  
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004 01:26:56 PM by udandi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

---
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 4
John Gillespie Talks About Money for Nothing
Mark Oppenheimer Reveals His Favorite TV Show
Jessica Bendinger Talks About The Seven Rays
Tracy Trivas Talks About The Wish Stealers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...