A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fire Mountain Gems vs. Rings & Things?  (Read 756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 26, 2006 02:00:46 PM »

I was just wondering which company, in your experience, is cheaper? So far I have only bought from Fire Mountain Gems and I love it, but I think it's mostly due to ease of using their website and the fact I didn't have to pay for my first catalog. Any opinions? Thanks! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeyVern
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006 08:16:04 AM »

The only bad thing about Rings N Things is the $50 minimum if you want to just buy a few things.  I bought glue on sterling bracelets and  really like the quality.
I will never order from Fire Mountain gems  again because their prices were much higher on my invoice than when I ordered them because of "sterling prices", like 3x more.  really obnoxious.
I emailed them to say they should honor their prices and I will never order from them again, and their response was "that's the way it is and we can't wait for your next order" 
What A-holes.
I buy my supplies at Rio Grande.  They are friendly and helpful and the prices are the best for what I need.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.thecraftykind.etsy.com   Fused Glass Beads and findings
http://www.bungalowbettie.etsy.com   adult coloring book
BrocadeLion
Makers Rule

Boo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006 02:01:44 PM »

I order from Fire Mountain regularly because of the ease of their website and quickness to ship. If they are common enough elements, I'll price compare, but every little jewelry supply site seems to have their specialty, and if that's not what you're looking for, then you just keep looking. Which is why Fire Mtn has worked pretty well for me. They have a little of most things. I've also had good experience with Rings & Things, but I don't recall there being a minimum -- that's either a newish development or I had actually ordered more than that the last time around and don't remember doing so. (I usually only get certain specific findings through mail order, otherwise I prefer to buy in person.)

I hear good things about Rio Grande, too, but I can't speak to it directly as I don't want to pay for their catalogs.

The upshot is, like I said, most sites have their "specialties" and might be good for only one thing. If both sites sell the same items, you can at least head-to-head compare -- and don't forget to figure shipping!

-Dorion
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anita Lo: Serving Innovation
Recipes From Across America
Authentic Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
Roasted Corn Salsa Recipe
The Ultimate Cheeseburger Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...