A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEW YORK THRIFT SHOPS  (Read 1749 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OBudah
I like to make wearable things out of things that aren't wearable.

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2004 11:49:17 AM »

does anyone know where there are some great thrift shops in manhattan?Huh any suggestions would be oh so very helpful. or shall i just start looking and meander about for 60 blocks? i guess ill find out.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NVA
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004 02:19:37 AM »

There's agreat thift shop on Roosevelt Island (take the F train. Not to be confused with Roosevelt Avenue). If you come at the right time they have 1/2 price sales (mostly after holidays) and the price for something always changes depending on who's there. That's really the only one in Manhattan I go to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clevergrrl
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005 10:21:58 AM »

I am a thrift shop nut as well and have found loads of them around 23rd street on the east side - just walk btw Park and 2nd Ave on 23rd street and keep your eyes open.  There are at least 6 that come to mind in that general area.  One is called the Opera Thrift shop and another is Salvation Army (I think).  There's also another on 3rd and 29th? and another down on 26th?  Both on 3rd avenue.  Also if you search yellow pages there is a whole category of thrift shops and you can get a whole list of them and Go mad!!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lutheranchick
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005 10:56:54 AM »

You can also look on the web for local chapters of the Junior League. They always have fabulous thrift stores.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
meow!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005 11:34:07 AM »

when I visited new york i found a salvation army in manhattan and there was another on broadway (but that should have been called "Overpriced Vintage Clothing") and there was another I found but I'm not sure what it was called or where it was. I'll have to ask my brooklyn friends who went there with me where it was at
THIS ROCKS   Logged

issue #3 of my zine is out! PM me for a free copy!
molkearns
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005 07:46:13 PM »

I took a vintage shopping workshop at FIT a couple of years ago. It was two Saturday mornings and cost about $70. We went to several shops that were new to me and of course the flea markets on 6th Ave. It was pretty fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006 06:16:55 PM »

I have a national directory of charity thrift shops that I hope you'll find useful.

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShoppe r.Com for your shopping convenience.
kabOOm

i'm bringin' crafty back...yeah!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006 05:26:12 PM »

There's a Goodwill 2nd ave and 90th st. (somewhere around there). There is also a HUGE stretch of various thrift shops (arthritis, cancer care, etc.) along 3rd ave from around 79th to 85th.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic SLR Set Up Tips for Beginners
Benefits of Using a Remote Camera Trigger
American Kids Are In Serious Danger Working On Big Tobacco Farms
How to Turn Color Photos Into Stunning Black and White Photos
Infrared Photography: How to Choose Filters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...