A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swedish Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY august 1st -06)  (Read 6873 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2006 04:33:30 PM »

Swap name: Swedish Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Vildhavre, co-organizer Melladh
Sign-up date range: June 26st 2006 - June 30th 2006
Date to send item by: August 1st 2006

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Non-U.S. participants allowed? ONLY PEOPLE LIVING IN SWEDEN

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:

This is a swedish swap, meant to get some swapping going within Sweden. Since there is an incredibly big rise in cost to send outside sweden, we're not letting foreigners in *evil grin* Erhm. People who live in sweden are not foreigners, even if.. they're... not swedes.. you just need a swedish shipping address to join our exclusive click. Wink
Oh, and it's a wish swap, with 5 wishes (don't expect all your wishes to come true though, we're only human, most of us). Where applicable this swap will be for one large item and one medium OR one large item and two small.
Size in this matter is not as much physical size, as the amount of time you spend on it, how difficult it is, and so on.

If you want to participate, information to send to co-organizer (poster of this post):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: SWEDISH SWAP
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address

Will you be able to take pictures of what you have recieved? (yes/no)

Name 5 wishes:
A wish could be an item (like a purse) or a theme (like a movie, or mushrooms) or something similar.
Try not to choose 5 themes however, as maybe not everyone know the theme you fancy. If you choose a theme, be prepared to tell your partner where they quickly can dive into the subject

Things you like (colors etc):

Things you dislike (colors etc):

What you absolutely would NOT like to recieve (animal products, cookies, etc):

Allergies, if any (i.e. cat hairs, wool, chocolate, etc...):

Do you have pets which could cause your items to carry something which can cause an allergic reaction (for pairing up - or NOT pairing up - with people who might have mentioned allergies above):

What kind of crafts do you do? Try to list them according how good you are at it. Even if you're a beginner at something, it is worth knowing for when we pair you up.
Experienced/Good:
Adequate:
Beginner:

Your sizes, where applicable (i.e. wrist size for bracelets etc, and if you want "a bag", what do you intend to keep in it, if that matters to you):

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO CO-ORGANIZER (poster of this post) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Organizer note: Remember that it says package tracking is only mandatory within the US. Even though we're only within sweden, package tracking is expensive here, and you will only be asked to send your package as a "letter" to save on expenses.

Remember, keep in good contact with your partner! It is always easier to craft for someone who is willing to give the long answer to a question, rather than just something short and nondescript. What you answer on one question might give a clue to one completely different!

Also: We ALL get swap nerves, atleast I don't think I've ever been in a swap where someone was free of it Wink

Hope I didn't forget anything Roll Eyes

Sending assignments (first person is written as last person as well in the round robins, but is not dubble-registered in the swap Wink )

Color coding:
Black - Not sent
Red - Sent, partner not received
Green - Sent, partner received
Purple - Sent split package, both sent, first received
* = going to be late

round robins:
aliwa --> ewushka --> trillian --> aliwa
emapril --> linda_t --> ylva --> sbfreih --> vildhavre --> emapril

pairs:
klara.detroit <--> stina
mynta* <--> melladh*
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007 04:44:59 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Stina
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006 07:02:05 AM »

oh wow, i didn't think we were enough swedes around here to do a swap. yay! i'll fill out the form soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy & my blog
PM me for personal swaps
teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006 07:16:15 AM »

oh wow, i didn't think we were enough swedes around here to do a swap. yay! i'll fill out the form soon.

o_O I've been told that's a really bad word from my swedish rommate (swede) something about vegetables.. also: june only has 30 days ;]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
Vildhavre
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006 08:33:26 AM »

Yay! Thanks for posting Melladh! Craftster always seems to be down when I'm home from work and got time to post.. Now people only need to sign up. Kom igen nu folk!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
Stina
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006 09:19:36 AM »

o_O I've been told that's a really bad word from my swedish rommate (swede) something about vegetables.. also: june only has 30 days ;]

what word?  Huh  now i'm confused and afraid i've made a fool of myself somehow. if anyone needs me i'll be hiding in the corner. Embarrassed

okay, after taking a good look in my dictionary i might understand what you mean. so i should have written 'swedish people' instead? one swede, two swedish people? from now on i'll only speak swedish (and not as in turnips!) to aviod further mistakes. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006 10:44:54 AM »

swede = klrot
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
Stina
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006 11:01:25 AM »

swede = klrot

ja, men ven 'svensk', i alla fall senaste gngen jag tittade i min ordbok, vilket var 5 minuter sen. Roll Eyes eller kallar vi oss norwegians nu fr tiden? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006 12:59:02 PM »

Inte alls. Snt fr de hlla p med i Norge. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006 01:51:33 PM »

Ah, I knew I'd mess up somewhere. I shouldn't post at 1.30 AM, should I? Grin

And I'm proud of being a vegetable! Though maybe I should hide from my vegetarian boyfriend, before he.. erhm. Getting x-rated here by mistake, aren't we Tongue

Now, only have two signups so far excluding me, we want more MORE! Wink
And vildhavre needs to remember that she's got to sign up too, now that I'm keeping track of all you people Tongue

Oh and I'm getting annoyed with the craftster template for organisers.. it's so.. untidy!.. so.. I'm.. using access to make a better one.. *cries* damn you convenient pre-installed microsoft crap!
however it WORKS WONDERFULLY for this stuff Tongue so everyone who ever things of organising.. much easier once you learn access or better yet, a real database program Wink
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006 02:01:35 PM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006 01:59:27 PM »

And the word "swede" to mean a vegetable (real name rutabaga) is slang, as in a shortening of "Swedish turnip". I.e. it still means "Swedish", it's just gotten used as a nickname for a Swedish vegetable, with the "turnip" part cut off, for speed as with most other bits of slang.

Dictionary.com is a wonderful thing Tongue
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=swede
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Clothes to Buy Your Baby Before Knowing the Gender
Three One Piece Ideas for Boys
Three Dresses Ideas for Girls
3 Ideas of Bottoms For Boys
Top 3 Shirts for Boys
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...