A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,286
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swedish Swap (SIGNUP CLOSED; MAIL BY august 1st -06)  (Read 7798 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Stina
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006 02:59:14 PM »

[url]
And the word "swede" to mean a vegetable (real name rutabaga) is slang, as in a shortening of "Swedish turnip". I.e. it still means "Swedish", it's just gotten used as a nickname for a Swedish vegetable, with the "turnip" part cut off, for speed as with most other bits of slang.

Dictionary.com is a wonderful thing Tongue
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=swede

well thank you! i was starting to feel rather offended by all this mockage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy & my blog
PM me for personal swaps
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006 03:07:40 PM »

Hehe, well, lots of people mock about for fun, you shouldn't feel offended by people trying to make you laugh, since it's rarely someone actually means to mock Wink
I know I've stepped into that pit a LOT of times, trying to be funny Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Stina
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006 03:12:20 PM »

Hehe, well, lots of people mock about for fun, you shouldn't feel offended by people trying to make you laugh, since it's rarely someone actually means to mock Wink
I know I've stepped into that pit a LOT of times, trying to be funny Wink

i might be a big drama queen at times but it just made me feel really dumb. whatevs, let's drop it. you had your fun and i'll be traumatized for all eternity. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006 03:07:18 AM »

I just realized that you've gotten very little time to sign up because of all the mess around moving about here, and vildhavre's work, and craftster being down all the time Sad
I stick to it, but I want to point out that firstly I had gotten the idea in my head that June had 31 days, and secondly, we were really going to have this posted the 23rd not the 26st  Embarrassed

Anyway, more signups! Come on! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006 01:19:00 PM »

And the word "swede" to mean a vegetable (real name rutabaga) is slang, as in a shortening of "Swedish turnip". I.e. it still means "Swedish", it's just gotten used as a nickname for a Swedish vegetable, with the "turnip" part cut off, for speed as with most other bits of slang.

Dictionary.com is a wonderful thing Tongue
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=swede

Wow, I never knew that. Now I'll have a witty comback if someone makes fun of me for being a pimple again (finne=Finnish person/pimple) (and my cousin hasn't done that since he was 15 so I don't think I'll ever get a chance, where was craftster when I was 13? Roll Eyes)

I should be able sign up very soon, once I get positive feedback from my first swap. If that doesn't happen by well... tomorrow... I'll PM the organizer... I'd feel pretty stupid for butting in on this swap and then not being able to take part Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006 01:39:45 PM »

I should be able sign up very soon, once I get positive feedback from my first swap. If that doesn't happen by well... tomorrow... I'll PM the organizer... I'd feel pretty stupid for butting in on this swap and then not being able to take part Embarrassed

I'm holding my thumbs for you Smiley
You can fill in the questionnaire either way, and just save it on your harddrive for now.. that way, you'll just have to beat me to it when I start pairing everyone up saturday, and can just copy paste into a PM. And I'm not an early bird. Wink (I will give you your partners before I go to bed saturday though, unless something unexpected comes up Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006 03:49:15 AM »

Wohoo, we have 7 participants so far including me. Trillian's organizer PM'd me and said she's clear to join. Also, Vildhavre should get her butt off the couch and sign up Wink (just kidding, I know she's working 24/7)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vildhavre
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006 05:03:48 AM »

I'm actually finishing the sign up right now!  Grin And I'm looking forward to a whole of two days off from work this weekend *happy* It's great that we're 7 so far, but we want to be more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006 05:13:18 AM »

I'm actually finishing the sign up right now!  Grin And I'm looking forward to a whole of two days off from work this weekend *happy* It's great that we're 7 so far, but we want to be more!

Yay!
And yes! I don't know how many more turnips (swedes) we have though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stina
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006 06:11:46 AM »

i finally signed up, so now we should be 8?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Cat Mask
How to Make Halloween Favor Bags
How to Make Color Prints with Potatoes
Fish-Themed Party Activity with Martha Stewart
How to Make a Denim Holster
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...