A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shipping Methods... UPS vs FedEx vs USPS  (Read 8688 times)
Tags for this thread: shipping  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kailabelle
« on: July 31, 2004 08:49:17 PM »

whats the difference in price? which do you prefer & why?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008 09:25:11 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Made title more descriptive. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dahlea
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004 09:05:03 PM »

The post office is by far the cheapest option, and the easiest for me. UPS and Fedex are more for shipping large items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kailabelle
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004 09:07:05 PM »

do you think customers prefer it being shipped ups/fedex rather than in the regular mail?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dimhalo
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004 08:25:51 PM »

Get a price list from your local UPS shipper (shop around, our local hardware store has better prices for UPS shipping than the actual UPS place does), and ask for a Priority Mail price chart from the post office (they are both free). I always thought UPS was more expensive for small items, but my mom sells books on ebay and has found it's usually cheaper to send them UPS. Weigh your items, and do a price comparison. Also, some UPS places have a "send 4 packages, and get your 5th shipment free" or "send 9, get the 10th free" deals. Be sure to ask about that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dahlea
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004 06:19:45 PM »

I personally would rather get things from the post office, b/c UPS and Fedex just leave things sitting outside. They also have delivered things to the wrong address before. JMO
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004 06:46:06 PM »

my post office leaves things on my door step all the time. actually last week I have a opened package on my door step!I mean full opened and rifeled thru. Luckily they didnt like ehat they saw and left it there! I flipped out when I got home. I called my landlord I called the company I ordered from , hell I called my mom and complained. but there was nothing anyone could do.
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kailabelle
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004 08:26:13 PM »

i was thinking of making the shipping so that any packages under 2lbs are sent through priority mail and anything heavier is sent through ups. Is that logical? Do you think it is worth it. My items are generally going to be smaller and lightweight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollandcox

the crafty shall inherit the earth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004 08:47:20 PM »

From my experience often times UPS is cheaper than the postal service. Also, with USPS, "priority mail" is totally meaningless - not only do they force you to buy priority mail if your package is over a certain weight, but there is no difference between priority and "regular" mail. There's no guarantee your package will get anywhere, and if it doesn't arrive, there isn't really anyone you can even ask about it. My parents have lots of experience with UPS b/c of their business and have always been happy. Also, I like the idea of customers being able to track their UPS packages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kailabelle
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004 05:59:14 PM »

From my experience often times UPS is cheaper than the postal service. Also, with USPS, "priority mail" is totally meaningless - not only do they force you to buy priority mail if your package is over a certain weight, but there is no difference between priority and "regular" mail. There's no guarantee your package will get anywhere, and if it doesn't arrive, there isn't really anyone you can even ask about it. My parents have lots of experience with UPS b/c of their business and have always been happy. Also, I like the idea of customers being able to track their UPS packages.

me too. when i order sometihng online i always check everyday where it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BellWether
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004 06:08:37 PM »

I too check my tracking numbers obsessively, but you can add tracking to USPS now. I prefer to receive USPS because they can leave it inside my apt. building-which is very safe and friendly.  I've missed a package from FedEx two days in a row now, and it is really frustrating. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew a Skirt Waist Band
How to Draft a Simple Skirt Pattern
How to Design an English Rose Fabric
How To Learn the Basics Of Bricklaying
How to Build a Bridge
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...