A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bust/waist darts- a bit of a rant  (Read 411 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atomic mary
« on: June 23, 2006 08:59:33 PM »

i really need help with this but i feel like a broken record and am sick of hearing myself talk about it. but i know there are other people out there that have the same problem. i would like to take a drafting course!
so, i have a relatively small frame. small sloping shoulders, tiny back (everyone comments on how small my back is when they see it), large chest, small waist. and of course the full hips, butt and thighs Smiley.
upper bust 33 1/2"
bust 40"
under bust 30"
waist 29"
i recently taught myself how to fit a shirt with princess seams and i am very impressed with how easy and effective it is. but i don't want everything with princess seams! this week i started a disaster of a dress that was meant to be a halter style. because i need to wear a bra, i decided that i would just attach the straps to the back bodice. i know to go by my high bust measurement and alter from there. the back fit beautifully, the upper bust and even the bust was all good. no gaping at the armholes! i decided that i would only need to put in the waist darts. well, i thought that shouldn't be too hard and i would make up the dress to that point, fit it on me and put the darts in that way. i thought it might make it a bit decorative to topstitch them down (although i'm sure not correct). they kind of became french darts that start at the waist and go on a diagonal. but then it took too much fabric from the waistline where i need to attach the skirt. so i thought i would try and take two small regular waist darts on each side anyway, blah blah blah, it didn't work out.
i ALWAYS have this problem, i am SO frustrated! i think i've finally got something down and something else crops up! i just want well fitting shirts that i look decent in and i can button up! is this too much to ask? i'm starting to wonder. wow! this could start into a really frustrated rant. i'd better stop.
maybe i just needed to get this off my chest. ha ha
atomic mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick a Swimsuit for a Pear Shaped Body
How to Pick a Swimsuit for a Full Bust
Style Tips to Transition Into Fall
Kate Moss Reunites with Topshop for New Collaboration
Celeb Style Secrets: Nina Dobrev
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...